Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Greatest Adventure Stories From the Bible: Episode 2 Noah's Ark
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on February 24, 2010
I wish they would hurry up and do a box set of all these, or at least release all the titles in the series. "The Greatest Adventures of the Bible" is a series made by Hanna-Barbera for television many years ago. There are a ton of titles on VHS and only a few on DVD. Even though they are only 30 minute episodes, the studio chooses to release one title per disc. David and Goliath from this set is also really good. The premise of the series is that 3 young teens are on an archeological dig site in the middle east, when they discover a tomb door that sends them back in time. So they land in different biblical episodes and interact with people like Noah. It sound weird, but it is actually fun to watch the kids in the different stories and how it affects them. They do not always know what part of biblical times they are in until later in the story. It may sound realistic but it plays well. If you think about it, if it happened what would you do? Learn and help out of course and that is what these kids do. In the story the teens meet Noah and his family as they are constructing the ark. They chip in and help out. It shows the pressures put on them by the local people that harass Noah during the project, and how that affects his own family. When the rains come, it shows the hard work of taking care of the animals and the ark itself during the flood, as well as the fate of the people who jeered at Noah when the flood hit.
The stories are entertaining, well animated, respectful and I recommend.
on June 10, 2007
This series is very well done! I wish the entire series was on DVD.

Simple to understand, Stays on topic, very good job.

It would be nice if someone could do a movie as well as these animated features.
on October 23, 2013
Yea they came out with a DVD of the movie. The movie was good, not quite to what the word of God teaches. God shut the door. My students had learned that and so was a good lesson to always go back to see what the bible says and not take everything for what men teach us. So was another way to train our students.
on April 12, 2012
My wife and I grew up watching this series, and we wanted to share it with a girl's orphanage in Haiti, so we purchased any we could find with French language or subtitles. The videos are now with the girls who love such Biblical cartoons.
on September 9, 2009
This is the best movie ever! I watched it with my cousins who were visiting, and they also loved it.
on September 6, 2012
La película es vieja, pero bonita para niños y no cansa por que su duración es de 24 minutos. Mi sobrino tiene 4 años y le gustó verla. No se apega a la biblia literalmente pero el mensaje esta bien explicado.
El tiempo de entrega estuvo bien y su estado es excelente.

/:-)

The movie is old, but nice for kids and not get tired because its duration is 24 minutes. My nephew is 4 years old and liked her. It adheres to the Bible literally but the message is well explained.
Delivery time was good and his condition is excellent.
on November 15, 2015
Great story! The kids enjoyed the cartoon. It sticks to the Bible and yet has a great creative flair. Unfortunately, the quality is a bit grainy due to how long this was produced a long time ago and especially when people are used to HD. Wish they can reproduce this wonderful show.
on November 18, 2012
I grew up watching this series in the early 80's. I bought several on DVD for my kids, and they really enjoy them. No, they are not Disney quality, but are Biblically pretty accurate, and provide a short (30 min) Bible story for my kids while I fix dinner. I wish I could find the whole series on DVD.
on April 13, 2013
I bought the video to supplement my Sunday school lesson. I was horrified at the inaccuracies of the story. The ark had 11 persons in it instead of 8,and it leaked terribly. That is contrary to the Bible story - I am so sorry that I was swayed by the reviews in buying this video as it cannot be used for the intended purpose.
44 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2012
Because the video was only 28 minutes, it held the children's attention for the entire movie. Some movies are too long, and the children get bored half way through the movie. The movieteaches the children a wonderful lesson about Noah.