Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

67%
33%

on November 24, 2012
Jeff Monaghan has written a memoir of a boy's love for his father, framed by baseball. You don't have to love the game - or even like it - to relate to this charming memoir, which will often bring a tear or two to your eyes. Without being maudlin, the writing is simple, heartfelt, sincere, and translatable to all of us who have loved or love a parent. I highly recommend this beautiful story of the shared love between father and son. There's something in it for all of us.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2011
What a moving story! A father, son, and baseball, what better way to talk about the unspoken love in a family -- unspoken because it just "is." As I read about Jeff's dad, I flashed to wonderful memories of my grandfather, watching baseball on TV and my first Giants game where he bought me my first chocolate malt. This story left me feeling good and nostalgic, thinking that it's okay if we don't say everything that we feel "needs" to be said. Sometimes the people we love just get it.
on April 6, 2014
Being an avid baseball fan myself and having shared so many memories of the Reds' games in person and on tv with my own father and grandfather, there were many moments that I had to put the book down for lack of vision due to too many tears brought forth by these memories. The stories were well balanced between present and past. Thanks for rekindling my memories and my thankfulness of the love these men had/have for me through the channel of baseball!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse