5.0 out of 5 stars Gratest Saleman Comment
Published on February 10, 2002 by Max

3.0 out of 5 stars so so
a good read but really only a pep talk book I was expecting allot more for the hype but that's the case with many books wish I'd had reviews to go on
Published 10 months ago by Duane Treat

5.0 out of 5 stars Gratest Saleman Comment, February 10, 2002
Max (California, Sac) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Greatest Salesman in the World, Part 2: The End of the Story (Mass Market Paperback)
This is such a great book, its so small yet filled with so much helpfull information and advice, I STRONGLY recomend this book to just about anybody. Read the first Part of the 2 book series and then the second and I garantee you will love these 2 books. After reading them, I simply stoped and thought about what i just read, and the information in them is so helpfull and can be applied to just about anything you are going through, it just gives you a whole new way of looking at the world. This book preatty much turns your way of looking at life upside down. One thing though, im 17 and I have never really read anything with such a good positive message to it. And its interesting to read too. So if this is something i liked, this will surely be something you will LOVE !! Take care.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sensing Repetition, July 29, 2006
The original Greatest Salesman in the World follows the great salesman Hafid's life before and after he reads the 10 scrolls of selling success. In this quite similar sequel, the scrolls of success are lost in a shipwreck, and Hafid is divinely called to write 10 new scrolls in order to replace the old ones.

The new scrolls emphasize these main points:

-Never again will I belittle myself

-I won't start the day without a map

-I will be enthusiastic

-I will never be unpleasant to others

-I will look for triumph in adversity

-I will do my best on every task

-I will focus completely on the task at hand

-I will never wait for opportunity, instead I will seek it

-Each night, I will reflect on what I did, and think about how I can improve

-I will pray to the creator in success and failure

Some of these points look VERY similar to the points made in the first book, so much that I was tempted to give this book 3 stars, but the new scroll emphasizing the foolishness of waiting for opportunity was much needed. Also, the last scroll about prayer was needed, even though it is essentially a repeat of the tenth scroll in the first book. I am very glad that this author puts so much emphasis on prayer.

Aside from repetition, the only thing I didn't like about this book is that the scrolls are treated so majestically, being just a hair under Biblical scripture itself - almost as if to suggest that the ingredients necessary for any kind of success are both the Word of God AND ten extra scrolls. I'm not so sure Paul would agree. The scrolls are helpful for success, but not necessary.

But yeah, I have to agree. Sitting around and waiting for opportunity to come to you is really the worst thing you can do.

5.0 out of 5 stars mesmerizing Mandino, September 20, 2003
When asked to write a sequel to The Greatest Salesman in the World, Og Mandino said that he "didn't want to risk producing any sort of sequel that might dilute or harm the original in any way." In this sequel, he has actually enhanced the original by seamlessly weaving one story into the next.
Hafid, now 20 years older, has allowed himself to slip into a slumber of self-pity. Through a dream and the timely appearance of a mysterious stranger, the greatest salesman in the world sets out once again to better the world around him. More than just an illustration of ten success principles, this book is a fascinating story with nuggets of wisdom hidden throughout. Each of the ten Vows of Success contain powerful observations that will hit you right between the eyes.
This book stands well on its own, but will be even more meaningful to those who have read and enjoyed the original.
Larry Hehn, Author of Get the Prize: Nine Keys for a Life of Victory

5.0 out of 5 stars A love story, May 10, 2005
My love story with this book started about 15 years ago

but if you ask me for an objective review, I can say no

less than this:

This book is all about setting up your mind for success,

and it does it really well. It imprints the principles

of success in your daily lifestyle, replacing your bad

habits with good ones.

To accomplish this, it first draws your attention with

a moving tale you hardly can turn down, so first things

first: Don't start reading this book until you have a

few hours to read the whole thing.

The story refers to some mysterious scrolls and will

gently set you into a state of "I want to read those

scrolls now!".

And I can witness this: By reading the scrolls every

day for a few months you will set the habits of success

into yourself.

Brilliant! :)

I'm proud to recommend it to my friends and relatives

when I feel they need an extra push towards some goal

they're trying to accomplish, or when they're trapped

in a self-pity attitude, and also to readers of my site.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a great book., July 3, 1998
By A Customer
This simple story, if read by any person seeking to be better in their life in any area will find it in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I've read in a while!!, October 30, 2013
Og Mandino , in my opinion , has to be one author that has captured the human spirit and the depths of personal growth to the MAX!!
Loved all three of the books I have been Blessed to have been exposed to.
Great Reading!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Og Mandino IS The Hreatest Salesman in the World, September 9, 2013
Awesome, life-inspiring book! Everyone, but especially those who are elders, should read this. You are never too old to start anew.--DeBorah B. Pryor

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Message for Great Wisdom, June 25, 2008
Please make sure to have read Part I before or it would be like watching the Godfather part II before the Godfather.

Mr. Mandino is a very easy read, and the story is simple so you breeze through it in no time. Then the hard part now begins, because your mind can't ignore the priceless lessons shared by the author. You know he has been through the road before and you will find many of the examples apply to you in the now or in the past; the question is what you will do for your future. I like to read his books two or three times and then give it to a person who has not had a chance to read any of Mandino's books. In time, I will buy another copy and do the process again, we all get different messages but so far they have all been positive and enjoyable which is why I highly recommend not just this book but all of Og Mandino's marvelous novels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-Read, July 22, 2006
I have read everyone of Og Mandinos Books and all I can say is that he writes with brilliance, clarity, enthusiasm, and spirit. You can never go wrong with any of his books. He points out the path to success and motivates the spirit within to achieve all that we as human beings are capable. He helped me to tap into my innate genuis and create a life of prosperity and creativity. If you havent raed his books, start now and your journey of the spirit will begin. He was a born writer and even after his passing continues to have a great influence on many people old and young. He truly lived a purposeful and divine life. Go buy all his books and enjoy the growth and enlightenment. After that Buy my Book " Your daily Walk with the Great Minds of the Past and Present". Enjoy and rememeber you are capable of great things in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars the book changed my life!, April 23, 1999
By A Customer
this is the greatest book i have ever read, though i only fowllow half of the book instructions(my father's stroke broke my progress ), i benefit a lot from the book, especially the attitude to the world and human. now i am no longer the boy who feel the world treats him unfair, but a guy feel the world is full of love,and readiy to help anyone who needs help

The Greatest Salesman in the World, Part 2: The End of the Story
The Greatest Salesman in the World, Part 2: The End of the Story by Og Mandino (Mass Market Paperback - April 1989)
$7.99 $7.15