Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on September 3, 2003
Behavior modification is the goal of this book. Changing actions so the quality of life is improved is the bottom line of this book. He tells readers to identify the actions that will lead to the desired results and follow through. Behavior is influenced by words. Putting the right thoughts in one's mind leads to a person taking proper actions. Doing a succession of small things is a more workable goal than aiming at a large change he wisely instructs. Readers are given an interactive plan of action to make the changes easier to do. He goes on to talk about the related nature of success principles, how that success in one area bleeds over for a multiplied effect. William James' often quoted observation about thought following action is included. As a person acts a certain way the feelings follow. To be successful act the part and the feelings will come later. The medicinal value of laughter is presented along with documentation to verify the claim. Readers are reminded that success is a never-ending process. It is a lifestyle that Mandino and others sell in a convincing way. It can become a pleasant, healthy addiction.
on March 19, 1997
Og Mandino has been one of my favorite authors for a long
time. Last month I decided to "get with the program" and
order The Greatest Secret from Amazon.com and apply the
principles to my life. Just started to read the second scroll
on Monday this week and have already experienced results
from the auto-conditioning. If anyone wishes to explode their
human potential, I fully recommend this treatment! Of course,
please read The Greatest Salesman In The World before using
the Greatest Secrets success recorder. Also I recommend
The Greatest Miracle In The World to reinforce the potency
of Og's work. If you are interested in discussing self-improvement
literature and works of similar authors, feel free to drop me a
e-mail. So Long, Shawn Guin
HALL OF FAMEon September 3, 2000
An easy-to-use practical manual to kick-start yourself towards achievement and life improvement. The wisdom is presented in the form of "scrolls," each of which one reads 3X a day for a month or so while recording your progress in the "success recorder" a little daily diary. My life certainly improved during the course of this programme but I also used other methods at the same time. This one seemed to come to my aid whenever I felt like faltering. Highly recommended, especially for those who need to "do" something besides just reading motivational literature.
on July 22, 2006
I have read everyone of Og Mandinos Books and all I can say is that he writes with brilliance, clarity, enthusiasm, and spirit. You can never go wrong with any of his books. He points out the path to success and motivates the spirit within to achieve all that we as human beings are capable. He helped me to tap into my innate genuis and create a life of prosperity and creativity. If you havent raed his books, start now and your journey of the spirit will begin. He was a born writer and even after his passing continues to have a great influence on many people old and young. He truly lived a purposeful and divine life. Go buy all his books and enjoy the growth and enlightenment. After that Buy my Book " Your daily Walk with the Great Minds of the Past and Present". Enjoy and rememeber you are capable of great things in your life.
on September 28, 2001
In this book, Og doesn't pull any punches. The main truth that I have found in this book is that although a desire to succeed is very good- it is NOT enough. Now, time to swallow a big chunk of truth... my happiness and my success is dependent on no other than myself! I cannot sit back and wait for all these great things to happen- action and more action is needed! My own simple success program is given to me that contains the scrolls of success that each contain a very important principle which will bring me one step closer to happiness and success. It is only through discipline of this simple program that those things will be accomplished... are you willing to pay that small price of about 30 minutes each day? I am!
on February 12, 2000
If anyone would have told me that a story about a cloth-seller at the time close to the birth of Christ would have meant a lot to me, I might have laughed till I dropped. How wrong I would have been to maintain that opinion.
The Story by itself is Simply Marvellous - deeper than that is the self-development programme which, for better or worse, few people attempt to undertake and even fewer complete.
A Disclaimer borrowed from motivational expert Bob Proctor: NO amount of reading or memorising of information will make any significant difference in your life. It is only APPLICATION of the information that counts.
To those who Dare to run the course of the Ten Scrolls, I say: You will not be disappointed at the end of your journey.
on November 6, 2001
This book takes you on a journey into the heart and soul of the creative force underlying each of our lives. It will give you a greater understanding and appreciation of the nature of human existence. The principles outlined in this book will help you become your most authentic self. I highly recommend this book to anyone seeking to better themselves and others.
I also recommend: What the Dying Teach Us: Lessons on Living by Samuel Oliver
on October 23, 1998
If Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich" detailed the principles of success comprehensively, Og Mandino's book is a How-to manual of those immutable principles. There is no doubt that the contents of the ten scrolls, when auto-suggested to the subconscious mind in the manner described in the book, will bring lasting success.
on January 13, 2007
I read this book everyday and have probably read the entire thing about 20 plus times.

Not only has it transformed the way I look at the world and myself, but it has given me a new appreciation for how amazing life can be if you are courageous enough to work on your bad habits (the main tenant of the book) and to improve your good habits.

This should not be quickly glimpsed at and tossed aside as something rudimentary and simple, but it should be taken very seriously because it can teach you lifelong lessons about values and visions that will make you a person who everyone will want to be around.

Simple...yes, profound and life-alterning...a definite yes.
on March 18, 2011
If you are looking for a quick fix, go somewhere else. This is a protracted exercise in habit modification which requires effort.

That being said, that is the only way to truly effect change, to make an effort.