Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on December 1, 2010
I remember the first time that I saw this movie in a theater about 25 years ago and I just loved the breathtaking Grecian scenery. I loved the romantic love story between the "fictional" American president and the first lady, and the love story between the "fictional" Greek shipping tycoon and the widowed first lady. Anthony Quinn and Jacqueline Bisset were perfectly cast in this movie. The mid 60's early 70's era was so wonderfully represented. I've waited for years to see it once more and I am so glad that The Greek Tycoon is finally on DVD so that I can enjoy it again whenever I wish.
on June 10, 2010
A lot of people have been waiting a long time to see this movie on DVD. This is Anthony Quinn doing a great Aristotle Onassis. But wait a minute...
FULLSCREEN? Really? I mean, who still watches a square TV? What is this...1998?
Even my elderly, tech-challenged in-laws have a widescreen TV and Bluray.
This film was always known for its gorgeous scenery - it therefore deserves only a quality transfer in widescreen, not to mention Bluray.
I can't think of a quicker way to send a new release straight to the nation's bargain bins. Hey Universal, you might want to do the right thing here. Otherwise, why bother?
on June 24, 2010
In this day and age, why anyone would consider a 4x3 fullscreen transfer, especially of a long-awaited widescreen 70s film with great photography is beyond me. Shame that this didn't go the Universal burn-on-demand route. That program seems to be taking care of quality and offering some surprisingly fine transfers of their holdings. A big blunder on the studio's part, this release.
on March 26, 2013
Based on the lives of you know who... Not bad not great but very beautiful scenery and let's face it "Jacqueline Bisset" was perfect casting. Not only is she beautiful but she gives depth to a 1/2 written character.

We all know the true story behind the fictional film so it would be nice if someone would make a film based on that relationship.
on December 24, 2013
I enjoy the scenery, acting, music and storyline of this movie. I watch this film a couple of times each year when I want to escape and travel to a Greek Island. I have an interest in Aristotle Onassis and the relationships he once had. I think that Anthony Quinn gives an outstanding performance along with Jacqueline Basset. I would not recommend this film to someone who is looking for action or excitement. They will be very disappointed. This is a movie more about a wealthy man who pursues what he can benefit from thru his charm, and his keen ability to negotiate even if blackmail is needed to close the deal. The strength in this movie is in the characters and the scenery and music that takes the viewer into a world that the very wealthy have a chance to experience on a regular basis. I am so pleased that this film was finally released on DVD.
on February 12, 2013
The main character played brilliantly by Mr. Quinn may not be a likable man but he is captured by a great actor. (In real life Quinn was not so likable either as I found out years later after reading his book "One-Man Tango") I also love Jackie Bisset who was a true beauty in her youth. (well, she still looks great) I couldn't help but think of Jackie Kennedy-Onassis while watching the movie thinking of how difficult it must have been to live with a man like this. This is not the kind of movie you watch once and toss or give away. I recommend it highly
on January 25, 2014
What's great about this film is that it's about as bad as you'd expect or imagine it would or could be. Quinn, as ever, is predictably wonderful in his brusk, pan-ethnic way, Bisset is...well, what can you say? She doesn't bare her breasts, unlike some of the others in the cast. The cinematography of the Greek Isles is magnificent, as it must be, and is the point of the film, since there is no other point other than to titillate, tease and pander. Why the movie was made is beyond me. Kennedy's assassination is absurdly transformed into a completely different kind of event, which is almost worth the wait, though it takes up only half a minute or so of screen time and then disappears into the scripting void. See this if you love Quinn, the Greek Isles, fantasies about Kennedyworld sex and Onassis' supposedly depraved billionnaire lifestyle. A good escapist movie.
on January 16, 2015
GREAT LIGHT ENTERTAINMENT BASED ON THE AFFAIR AND MARRIAGE OF JACQUELING KENNEDY ONASIS AND ARISTOTLE ONASSIS...THE NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED, BUT IT IS MOST DEFINITELY ABOUT THIS COUPLE. ANTHONY QUINN AND JACQUELINE BISSET ARE EXCELLENT!
on February 2, 2009
There is a scene in "The Greek Tycoon" that I consider the best scene of the film...

It was Sunset... The sun was disappearing below the horizon... The sea at its ever-changing wave style... The waves--in all its moods, clear and calm, mysterious, awesomely threatening-- were beating under the old rocks...

Anthony Quinn (fabulous as always) was standing alone in front of this wonderful view...

The sky was offering the best looking effects of red and yellow lights... In the horizon some pale clouds were escorting the sun to another world... Tomasis was truly flavoring the moment... The beauty of this great view invited him to dance, to slowly move his hands and legs, to feel the fresh air, to hear the sound of music, to smell the salt of the sea...

Tomasis' dance was a farewell to a world he cherished... This beautiful scene makes me meditate about human life: God's 'greatest gift'... Sometimes we forget this precious present...
on May 10, 2013
This TV-made film is very well made and entertaining. Anthony Queen is excellent and convincing as always, with other actors performing well. The location photography is very beautiful and pleasant to see. Unfortunately, the picture is not presented in widescreen format; nevertheless, the movie is still enjoyable to watch.