5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for written professional communication, January 5, 2002
By A Customer
This book mainly presents strategies to write effectively in real world engineering/science situations, assuring that what you write is really read. It shows how to present your ideas so that your target audience understands it. It describes the characteristics that a document aimed to a technical person, to a lay person and to a manager should have.
Besides, it shows how to write memos, letters, reports and even e-mails, explaining from the initial document outline, sentece/paragraph structure to the final polished form.
I wish I had read this book when I was an undergrad, I had to learn how to write effectivelly in the hard way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide for Focused Thinking And Effective Writing, January 13, 2000
By A Customer
This book helped me to effectively write my dissertation. The methods described facilitate organizing a difficult task and presenting the ideas in a clear format. I continue to draw on the wealth of information contained within the text.

4.0 out of 5 stars Teacher and Engineer, August 14, 2004
T. Limpeteeprakarn "terdkiat" (Boca Raton, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The MIT Guide to Science and Engineering Communication: Second Edition (Plastic Comb)
The explanation for each particular topic is very concise and clear. I would recommend to have a look if it is available in your library. However, I would give a 5 star rating if the book provides more examples and visual aids.

The MIT Guide to Science and Engineering Communication: Second Edition
The MIT Guide to Science and Engineering Communication: Second Edition by James G. Paradis (Plastic Comb - June 15, 2002)
$39.00 $32.74