Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Hangover Part III
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$2.99

on June 20, 2013
Synopsis: Alan (Zach Galifinakis) decides to purchase a giraffe, but his recklessness inadvertently causes his father's heart attack and subsequent death. Fed up with his immaturity and drug abuse, his family decides that he needs to go to intervention. Alan agrees, but only as long as Phil (Bradley Cooper), Stu (Ed Helms) and Doug (Justin Bartha) take him to intervention in Phoenix, Arizona. As the men are on their travels, they get sideswiped by Black Doug (Mike Epps) and crime boss Marshall (John Goodman). Marshall abducts Doug for ransom in an effort to get back millions of dollars which were stolen from Marshall by Leslie Chow (Ken Jeong), who has broken out of Thai prison since the end of Hangover 2. The men are tasked with finding Chow and getting the money back, which sends them on a wild goose chase that sees them chasing Chow across the American Southwest and Mexico. As the men chase Chow and attempt to get the money, they reconnect with some of the people they met previously, such as Jade (Heather Graham) and her growing son (who was an infant in the first Hangover movie.) Will the men find Chow? If so, will they maintain an allegiance to Marshall or help Chow along the way? Will Doug get killed before the ransom is delivered? What crazy antics will Chow get them into this time? And will Alan ever grow up?!

This was the movie that Hangover 2 was meant to be: A comedic action film that threw twists and turns along the way. The reason that Hangover 2 was a flop was largely due to the fact that they tried to apply the action formula that was perfected in this movie to the exact same story (more or less) that was told during the first film. Though the movie was critically panned, I laughed harder that this than I did Hangover 2 and found some moments to be as funny as the first. Perhaps the reputation of the second movie made movie critics too cowardly to give this one better praises, but the reputation this one has is wholly unwarranted. No it's not a classic, but it's certainly not a dud, either. In the end, you have a very serviceable sequel that would be a slightly above-average film to watch even if you hadn't seen the other two.

I recommend this for fans of the other Hangover films, action movies, and comedies.
on March 26, 2014
I pulled up a chair to watch THE HANGOVER PART III with much trepidation and scant anticipation. I dreaded another more ratcheted up version of the classic original, which was basically the case for Part II. Instead, THE HANGOVER PART III has a delightfully original plot, pays subtle homage to both of its predecessors, and even brings back a couple of characters from the original that are fun to say hello to again. And even though there is an ominous undertone to this version (in the form of a threatening mobster, played by the always superb John Goodman), the Wolf Pack members demonstrate their ineptness over and over again, from getting trapped in the basement of a bad guy's mansion, to scooting down tied-together bedsheets from atop Caesar's Palace. And is it ever fun to watch.

Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, and Justin Bartha all return as Wolf Pack members Phil, Stu, Alan, and Doug. . .and no HANGOVER version would be complete without the outrageous antics of Lesley Chow (Ken Jeong). Look for brief appearances from the original by Heather Graham (the now-reformed Jade) and Mike Epps ("Black" Doug); and Melissa McCarthy joins the cast as Cassie, a dysfunctional romantic interest for Alan. THE HANGOVER PART III gleefully blazes its own plot trail, refusing to be a copycat of its two predecessors--although the closing credits bring a brief blackout scene that promises to be--in two respects--rather jarring. And based on the demise of a giraffe, some fighting roosters, and a couple of guard dogs, this is not a movie that PETA is going to endorse. If this is indeed the end of the HANGOVER franchise, THE HANGOVER PART III is a more than worthy finale. Nice to see that Wolf Pack ride off into the sunset.
--D. Mikels, Esq.
on June 2, 2013
For the viewer who, like me, reveled and rolled with laughter at the characters, surprises, spring-loaded moments of subtlety, uproars, and mad funnies of the original The Hangover and its sequel, The Hangover Part II (+ UltraViolet Digital Copy), this Part III is much less than all that. But it still is worthwhile. The first two movies were so over-the-top, that the allusions and invocations of great memories already are worth the price of admission to The Hangover Part III.

Alas, the plot and characters here lack the width and contrasts, and the element of surprise is pretty much gone. But compared to all the schlocky stuff out there, this is a movie I'm glad to have spent a couple hours of my life seeing. Once is enough, though. And if you're not already a devotee from those first two, I would not start with this one.

Remember how you felt after watching The Godfather Part III? Enough said.
on May 19, 2015
The Hangover Part III is one of those movies that I forgot about merely seconds after the end credits started to roll. I thought what I had just seen was a mirage of some sort. A comedy so unbelievably weak that it cannot simply serve as the end to one of the wildest saga of comedy movies ever made. But alas, there is just no way around how bad this final Hangover really is.

When the first film debuted in 2009, it opened to mixed critical reviews but to a strong word of mouth consensus amongst its audience and became one of the biggest unexpected hits of the year. It launched the careers of Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifinakis from comedic players to top billing superstars. It was an even bigger hit on DVD, and a sequel was already in the works. The future really did look bright for comedy, and for Todd Phillips as his directorial career had now found itself in a massive resurgence.

Then, when the sequel debuted in 2011, audiences from across the country piled into movie theaters in hopes of another summer laugh riot. These hopes were quickly dashed when it was realized that the Hangover Part II was a carbon copy of the original. It was one of the biggest disappointments in comedy since Ghostbusters 2, but it did supply us with a few memorable quotes and inspired insanity if nothing else.

Now, we have The Hangover Part III. The question remains, why does it even exist? Who was asking for it? I couldn't name anyone who wanted anything to do with the Hangover after its disastrous second part. But, there it was, Hangover III. Whether you like it or not, your getting it. Whats more is that it isn't even remotely similar to the two movies prior to it. In fact, there's no hangover to be found at any point in this film (minus the end credits). Quite contradictory to the title, or… even the WHOLE PURPOSE of the franchise!

Yeah, I guess Todd Phillips and co. were so terrified with what they received with the second movie, that they insisted on abandoning everything that constituted a Hangover movie and instead leave the memorable characters to revel in black comedy and senseless melodrama. If you can believe it, this movie is even more black than its sequel (and that movie included jokes about cocaine overdoses and the victims of the Vietnam war). Yes, we are forced to focus on the mad inner workings of Alan's mind, and why he is a burden to society and everyone close to him. Alan was once the most lovable inappropriate man-child the world has ever seen. Now, I wanted to strap him down and pluck every last whisker from his beard. We also focus on Leslie Chow's crazy antics again… because…. well… LOOK ITS CHOW AGAIN!!! He's so crazy, right?

Everything else is just flavorless and boring. Even Melissa McCarthy can't save this mess. I'll admit that a few of the jokes made me laugh… in a twisted Terry Zwigoff sort of way. But other than a few of the dark jokes…. there's nothing really that enjoyable about this Hangover. So we bid thee, farewell. I don't think we'll miss you, Wolfpack.
on October 27, 2013
Hangover 3 left me scratching my head. I decided to skip Hangover 2 when I saw it was basically just going to be a retread of the original but in Thailand. However literally almost every joke until the end falls flat. I caught myself chuckling, but not really laughing, exactly twice in the first 90 minutes, until the last scene before the credits. There is also a end-credit scene that was just rather outlandish than funny. Alan, in particular, was strange in Hangover 1 and clueless, but well-intentioned. Here, he is just a brat who thinks everything he does it funny. Unfortunately, until he returns to character in that final scene, Animal lovers in particular will be bothered by the (assumedly) fake cruelty to a giraffe, a chicken, and dogs. What a waste of talented actors, my money and 90 minutes of my time.
on May 14, 2015
The Hangover trilogy is some of the best movies to come out in a long time. Zack Galifinaxis is a comedic genius! He doesn't even have to speak and he's got me rolling with laughter. They could not have picked a better cast than these guys. Chow! ;)
on November 3, 2013
I had hopes that this would be better than part 2 which was a disappointment. This movie should have been titled 'Alan and Chow' as it took these two characters and focused almost exclusively. The dialog for Bradley Cooper's character was very limited except for dropping the F-bomb occasionally. It got to the point where characters that I had enjoyed seeing became annoying. There were a few laughs however I laughed the most during the credits with the end scene. Overall a real disappointment.
on March 26, 2016
Why only release the digital copy to one provider? If i want to watch on my apple TV I need the apple copy and the VUDU app sucks for downloading to my ipad. I hate these studios not releasing the digital copy to all providers’ Why not be like disney movies anywhere? If I am shelling out 15-25 a movie when everyone else is stealing them digitally I should be rewarded for it. I will no longer purchase another movie from this studio until they correct this
on December 3, 2013
Don't buy this. I'm REALLY bummed they made 2 and 3 after the original was SO hilarious. Don't buy this or the second one if you're thinking about it. I won't keep either sequel and neither should you unless you really like this more dark, gross out humor. What a waste of time and money.
on December 28, 2013
Being the loyal Hangover fan, my friends that saw this in the theaters told me NOT to see it, but I just couldn't help myself. I wish I could have helped myself. It was aweful. They needed to get out while the gettin was good with Hangover II. Such a dissappointment!