Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Diary|Change

on August 17, 2013
This is exactly what I was looking for. It's cute and fun journal. Its fun to write down your days events in a short way.
review image
11 comment|257 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2012
The practice of writing, even just one sentence a day, can be a powerful tool in gaining perspective on your happiness, fulfillment and pleasure.

This book is laid out so that you log one sentence a day for five years, and you cycle back through the journal each year to do so. This means Your five Feb. 14 entries will be on the same page, one under the other. Having just started this particular journaling practice, I'm not sure how I will feel about rereading the journal this way, but have been enjoying the invitation to maintain a brief daily journaling practice.
0Comment|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2014
The book is much smaller than I expected. The size and thickness make it uncomforable to write in. It's unfortunate because I love the concept.
on January 21, 2012
I bought this book for myself and for my daughter. We are both huge fans of Gretchen Rubin and her happiness project. I thought it would be a nice way to quickly journal ideas and blessings. But the book, while well made and attractive, is too small to be able to easily write in. I find I am scrunching my handwriting so I have room to write enough of a thought to make it meaningful.
I have made the commitment to doing this for at least a year, but I find it more frustrating than fun. I can't imagine doing it for the full 5 years.
11 comment|141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2013
I'm a big fan of the Happiness Project book and website, and I really liked the concept of this journal. However, I was disappointed to discover that it isn't standard-sized book (I didn't pay attention to the dimensions before buying...). The book is very thick and small, which makes it difficult to open and hold the pages back for writing. The lines for writing are also very close together; I prefer not to "cram" my words.
11 comment|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
If you like to write and look back over your life and activities over a period of years, this is a great journal in which to do so. The daily quotes on happiness at the top of the page are a fun addition. I love the appearance of this journal and the happy blue and yellow color scheme with handy blue ribbon to mark your place.

My grandmother used to keep a 5-Year Journal and after looking at old notebook Journals of mine I realized how interesting it was to look back at the different chapters of my life: going to school, raising children, working etc. Sometimes a few sentences can put you back into that day. For authors, aspiring or published, it might provide ideas for stories and books.

Buy yourself a pen you love and writing in this daily is a treat. I bought it along with Q and A a Day: 5-Year Journal which asks you a random question each day for 5 years and you can stretch your creative thinking with it. I write in both these journals at the same time each day. If you like this HAPPINESS PROJECT Journal, you should check out Rubin's THE HAPPINESS PROJECT book on how she applied happiness research to her own life to see how it changed her life. It is a very rewarding read and offers ideas on new activities to try.

This would make a great gift for someone you love who is reflective and likes to write.
on July 23, 2014
It's not too often that a book changes your life. For me, this is that book. I've been doing this one-sentance journal for a month now, and I have become more present in the moment. I notice more things in my life. I work harder to make each day special. Forget Twitter, and Facebook updates. Keep them here. Live your life for you, not to impress others on social media websites. Each page is dated at the top, and has in inspirational quote you can reflect on. Below are 4 small lines for you to write your thoughts on. There are 5 dates for each page, allowing you to journal on each topic a total of 5 times over the course of 5 years. This brings a beauty to the progress in your life. You are able to see where you were at as well as where you are today. I can't recommend this book highly enough!
on January 30, 2016
I am in my 5th year of using this little journal. Here are a few things that I really love about it. The bright cover makes it easy for me to locate, and the amount of space for each entry is sufficient to jot down a few thoughts each day. The limited writing space also keeps it from feeling like a major undertaking, so I have kept up writing in it longer than any other journal I have owned. I like the ribbon to keep my place, and I love the ability to look back and see what happened over the past several years at a glance. There are some problems that I will be addressing when I look for a new 5 year journal. I wish that the book was a little taller with wider margins. The small size makes it very difficult to write in, especially in the 5th year when you are at the very bottom of the pages. The quotes at the tops of the pages are an unnecessary waste of space. I rarely if ever look at them. If the size issue was fixed, this journal would be perfect in every way.
on February 2, 2015
I love the idea behind the Happiness Project, but I agree with some of the reviews that it's a bit small and cramped. My handwriting is small, so this isn't as big of an issue for me, but you might want to consider other one-sentence journals if you tend to have a larger handwriting.
on May 17, 2012
This is a great journal, but I gave it four stars because it's a tad difficult to write in. The spaces aren't too big and it'd be a lot easier to work with if it were a paperback/softcover