Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

58%
42%

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on November 24, 2010
My 7 year old daughter has trouble with Math so I ordered this game to try to improve her skills. We received this game today and my daughter and 5 year old son were eager to play. The game took about 30 minutes. Each player can play at a lower level or higher level. During each turn the player rolls 2 number dice and a 3rd die to determine if the numbers should be added, subtracted, or multiplied (only on the higher level) to determine how many spaces to move. Each player needs to earn 4 special cards by completing a word problem. My son could do many of the problems with a little prompting, but he tends to do well in Math. The word problems are also at 2 levels so my wife and I had harder problems. The game also allows you to block other players. My children really didn't understand this option and ignored it. Playing with blocking adds strategy that would add interest to older players, but the game was fun without it. We are looking forward to more fun!
on January 8, 2011
I teach a 3rd grade class and my students ask to play this game all the time. I bought it to use as a center activity and did not expect the students to want to play it so much. I might even have to buy another one because only 4 people can play.
on June 9, 2011
This is a great game for reinforcing and learning math skills. As my 7 year old son and I started playing, I was happily surprised at how fun AND educational it is! Basically, you roll dice, add, subtract or multiply the numbers, and move the little ninja! There are 4 quest items you have to get before proceeding to the Golden Dragon--to get these quest items, you have to answer a story problem. Both the dice (either the red or blue set) and the story problems are geared toward either ninja recruit or ninja master. So little ones with limited math skills can still play along very easily with players who have more advanced math experience. (My son beat me on our first game!!) A game that makes math fun! Love it!
on January 13, 2013
My four and six year old have been playing this game several times a day for the last few days. They are able to follow the rules enough that they can play it without an adult - however, it is fun for grown-ups to join in too! The four year old needs a little guidance with the math, but not so much that it detracts from his enjoyment. Players have to solve a math equation (addition or subtraction for novice level) to be able to move their ninja player. They must be strategic in how they use their movements and when to block another player without compromising their own success. In order to win, they must successfully answer 4 different math story problems and collect ninja artifacts. This game was spot on with it's theme for my kids, as well as the approach of its story problems. I think it is great math practice as well as great fun. Five stars!
on November 28, 2015
The goal of this game is to successfully complete 4 Ninja quests and then race to get the golden dragon. There are 2 levels of playing, those who are ninja beginners (and do addition and subtraction) and masters (multiplication). Both beginners and masters can play against each other, making it a good game for siblings as well. It’s really fun to play– the kids have been loving it!
on October 15, 2013
I bought this for my daughter for her 8th birthday. It is fun for her and for my 12 year old and for the adults in our house. All while improving our math brains. I would highly recommend this game.
on December 30, 2011
I purchased the game as a gift - therefore do not have direct experience with it. It arrived very quickly. The packaging was appealing and from what I gathered by reading the box, looked to be a fun, educational game that can be played multigenerationally. I was pleased to give this game as a gift.