Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on May 14, 2008
This book is a good synopsis of Gary Chapman's book "The Five Love Languages". I do not think that this book would be appropriate for someone who is not familiar with the ideas in his book. It is a good reminder or "cliff note" for his book, but it does not present his ideas fully. I would recommend his other book be read first, and then if you want a refresher or guide book, "The Heart of The Five Love Languages", would be a good match.
44 comments|180 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2008
This is a dummied down version of the Five Love Languages. It works, but I wish I would have bought the complete version instead.
on March 10, 2010
My husband and I read this book and fell in love with it and it's message. I ordered books to give as gifts because of the impact that it's
had on our lives unfortunally this book is a condensed version of the book we read. It did not provide the counseling sessions that were
provided in the book we read and did not include the "test" in the back of the book to figure out "your" love language. With that being
said it's fine for those who have read the all inclusive book, but I would not recommend this version to a first time reader.
on June 1, 2008
This condensed version of the original Five Love Languages book give a great synopsis of the meaning behind each one. I gave this copy to a friend because I kept referring to an old one that I had. This version makes a great gift. The Five Love Languages breaks down how each of us want to be loved and how each of us gives love to others. Since I first read the book I have enjoyed finding out which love language that my loved ones like to receive. I highly recommend it!
on March 18, 2009
It was probably my own faultm but the book is exactly what its title says: The HEART of the Five Love Languages. It covers the gist of the love languages. I wanted the expanded book, not the condensed.
on September 29, 2014
A must for all. The love languages are an easy way to understand how each of thinks & feels.it's a must for all relationships. For instance, one of my love languages is receiving gifts. I would occasionally purchase little gifts for my son & wonder why he wasn't excited. He was thankful but not as reactive as I. We tend to believe others speak the same language as us & wonder why they under react. My son love language is affirmations & physical contact. My ex husband love language were affirmations. If we learn another's love language & they learn ours we all feel more loved & appreciated. This equals better relationships & feeling of equality. And its so easy to read & understand. Sometimes its the only relationship "how to" book needed.
on June 19, 2014
I love reading books about marriage and this is one of my favorites! Does and amazing job of explaining the 5 Love Languages but not in a lovey dovey way with no evidence. To many marriage/love/relationship books these day have a big theory based on nothing. The Heart of the 5 Love Languages is nothing like that. Filled with testimonies and stories of different couples who's marriages drastically changed just by speaking to each other with their correct love languages.

If you and your spouse have been feeling a lose of love, I HIGHLY suggest you try reading this book!
on January 17, 2016
A book that has been very helpful to me in two relationships. It helped me to identify my partner's principal love language, and secondary love languages. In the first relationship, I read the book but my partner didn't. This was not good and the relationship came to a conclusion. In the next relationship, we both read it together, which has produced favorable results. So I recommend that you read this book together with your partner. This is a small, short version, a good introduction. Would make a good gift. This book has saved marriages. It could save your relationship. Give it a try.
on July 15, 2010
I was under the impression when I bought this that it was the full book. But it is more like a bathroom reader.
on May 12, 2015
This should be a must read for couples who plan to marry NO matter HOW OLD they are. This really does show all the different ways people expect to be "fed" by their significant other. What they think they're saying, but you aren't hearing, what you think you're showing, but they aren't seeing. We all perceive things so differently, yet we walk around thinking that we all think/feel everything the same, we're all "normal", "everyone thinks like me"...Wrong!
"Didn't I wash her car last week?" & for him this says to you that he cares for you, but You needed to hear him say "I love you". So he's bummed because he doesn't know what more he needs to do & you don't feel appreciated because he hasn't literally told you he how he feels. His efforts aren't appreciated, you have received any words of affirmation...and so on, the spiral goes. This book makes it all so clear how to "speak" to each others needs.