Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 24, 1998
This easy to read book is a must for any Christian seeking more information on the Holy Spirit. Mrs. Marshall quotes scripture and gives practical information on the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and the necessity and efficacy of receiving the babtism of the Holy Spirit. She takes you through all aspects of the Holy Spirit in only 230 pages. It will bring you to a new level in your walk with Christ. My minister says it is the best practical book written on the Holy Spirit.
on July 25, 2005
The Helper is a classic of Christian devotional and inspirational literature. It is one of those rare, "user friendly" works on the Holy Spirit and His work in today's world. With a small investment of fifteen minutes a day, the reader will find his or her life empowered and enriched. As a pastor and minister of more than twenty years at the same church, I have given away dozens of copies of this small gem...the results are always the same, people report a new sense of peace and a renewed sense of the Presence of the Holy Spirit. READ IT WHILE IT IS STILL AVAILABLE IN PRINT.
on May 24, 2004
The Helper is a wonderful book. I have read several books by Catherine Marshall in the past but had not seen The Helper until recently. I was browsing in a used book store when I was blessed to see it. It is the best book I have ever read on the subject, and it has lit a new desire within me to read and study the Bible. The same day I also bought Something More, also by Catherine Marshall. It would be my recommendation to read Something More followed by The Helper. They have both greatly enriched me and helped to add joy to my life.
on May 7, 2007
Catherine Marshall had a rare gift of filling in the gaps of our understanding on spiritual matters. When I saw the title of this book and the author I immediately knew its contents would be filled with solid teaching that would be well worth my time and the cost of the book. My expectations were exceeded. The insights of this spiritual giant are literally life changing.

It's challenging to point to a highlight, as the book is chock full of solid spiritual food, but the chapter entitled "He Convinces Me of Eternal Life" can't be beat. She describes the spiritual body believers in Jesus receive after "death." It makes you homesick for heaven!

This book describes the practical day to day guidance the Holy Spirit provides. She encourages you to experiment and try things to develop your ability to hear Him. She writes, "...our prayer life becomes the anteroom to amazing adventures." This wonderful author, this child of God, tells us how exciting it is to be led by the Holy Spirit. His plan for us is better than anything we could come up with on our own.
on February 25, 2003
THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN BY THE LATE CATHERINE MARSHALL. PLEASE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS AWESOME BOOK. THIS BOOK HAD BEEN OUT OF PRINT FOR A WHILE AND NOW IS FINALLY AVAILABLE FOR YOUR EDIFICATION AND STRENGHTENING OF YOUR SPIRIT. I READ THIS BOOK MANY YEARS AGO AND EVEN GAVE IT TO MY NOW WIFE WHO WAS MY FIANCE AT THE TIME AND WE BOTH AGREE THAT IT IS ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS EVER WRITTEN ON THE SUBJECT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. MRS. MARSHALL WAS GIFTED IN HER WRITING ABILITIES, EXPLAINING IN DETAIL FROM THE VERY BASIC SUBJECTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AND GETTING DEEPER AND DEEPER INTO OTHER AREAS THAT ARE CLEARLY EXPLAINED AND ALSO WITH PRACTICAL WAYS TO LET THE HOLY SPIRIT BECOME REAL IN OUR LIVES. HE IS DEFINETELY "THE HELPER" FOR EVERY BELIEVER. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK AND ANY CHRISTIAN SEEKING ANSWERS IN THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST! BECAUSE IT IS THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT MAKES CHRIST REAL IN OUR LIVES. PLEASE DO YOURSELF A SERVICE AND GET THIS BOOK FOR YOURSELF AND ANY LOVED ONE THAT NEEDS A TOUCH OF THE LIFE OF GOD IN THEIR LIFE & THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LORD. YOU WILL NEVER REGREAT IT. AS A MATTER OF FACT CONSIDER BUYING OTHER BOOKS BY CATHERINE MARSHALL FOR FURTHER EDIFICATION AND STRENGHTENING IN YOUR SPIRITUAL LIFE. REGARDS AND BE BLESSED IN CHRIST BY THE POWER OF HIS SPIRIT "THE HELPER".
on October 19, 2000
An excellent teaching on the Holy Spirit, practical, eye-opening and easy to absorb, both intellectually and spiritually. Also serves as a great devotional, utilizing the prayer and scripture passages after each chapter.
on May 5, 2009
I had no idea how much the Holy Spirit has been sent to help us. C. Marshalls book takes the reader scripture by scripture through the role and promises of the Holy Spirit. I have been living like an orphan, not realizing I had such an ever present helper, comforter, guide, advocate, encourager, organizer, etc. I would highly recommend this book and have bought many copies to give to my friends.
on June 27, 2011
Great fundamental learning of the Holy Spirit. In each short chapter, Catherine quotes scriptures about the Holy Spirit, then adds more insight to the description. She does not advocate that some spiritual gifts or manifestations are expired. She takes the scriptures literally, not just figuratively regarding the Spirit's description and action.
on January 6, 2008
This book is a must have for anyone who wants to be reminded how good The Helper is. I read it almost daily. When I need some encouragement I can flip through the pages and find exactly what I need. It feeds my soul. Get it, read it.
on March 19, 2014
I read this book shortly after becoming a Christian. How anyone could make progress in their faith-walk without the Holy Spirit is quite beyond me. This book explains the need in our lives and ministries for the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.