‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Comprehensive, October 30, 2010
This review is from: The Hermitage Collections: Volume I: Treasures of World Art; Volume II: From the Age of Enlightenment to the Present Day (Hardcover)
This is a beautiful boxed set of two large volumes with wonderful photos and text. We purchased it as a keepsake after our trip to the Hermitage this past summer. We enjoyed looking through the books and rediscovering the masterpieces we saw in person. The box has a slight gold sheen to it that makes it look very luxurious and expensive. We've displayed it prominently in our living room. I would recommend it as a pre-trip purchase to help you decide what galleries you want to focus on during your visit to the Hermitage since it is a massive museum. It would be easy to miss an important masterpiece if you don't have a plan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, October 6, 2011
I visited the Hermitage in September 2011 and was in awe of the splendor and beauty of this spectacular once palace. I wanted a book that would do justice to the beauty I experienced in walking through this museum, I wanted to share with my family not just the grandeur of this wonderful museum but I wanted them to see the exhibits as well. The books in the museum were beautiful but I just didn't have the extra weight allowed in my luggage (always a problem when I travel). I arrived back in the states and immediately went to Amazon.com to do some research....this book is every bit as beautiful as any in the actual museum and is exactly what I was looking for. This is a book to leave out and let others enjoy....I have a room full of art and museum books but this one is taking center stage. You won't be disappointed...

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hermitage Collections Volumes I & II, November 7, 2011
Excellent reference books on the Hermitage collections. Because of crowds, limited time, and equipment, these books fill a niche that you will never achieve with your own photographs.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER VOLUMES!, August 27, 2011
un excellent choix pour découvrir un des plus beau et fameux musées du monde, super photos, je conseille fortement ces deux volumes
à tous ceux qui aiment l'Art et la Russie!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on Hermitage, May 7, 2011
It has not only great pictures but very good decryption about the museum. I bout it for myself & gave it as a present to 2 of my friends & they love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, April 29, 2012
This set of two very large books is very good, but not perfect. It certainly only touches upon the vast collection in the Hermitage, but it includes images of all the famous pieces I wanted to see. The colors seem right and all of the images are large, but I have two complaints, one minor, one not so minor: There are a small number of reproductions that are not quite in focus. Worse, there are several paintings, including Matisse's Harmony in Red, that span the binding - a very serious crime in my opinion!

But you can't beat this price. (The back of the box say $95.00)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books, October 1, 2012
These books are really nice. Large colorful images of the art. Descriptive text. I am shocked that they are priced as low as they are. A great deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, February 3, 2013
The pictures and in site to the museum are great. The size of the two volume set a make it seem easy to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, December 23, 2012
You get so much for your money with this. Keep in mind that there are actually 2 massive books in this set. They are Tall and full of beautiful images as well as information. Excellent work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning set of volumes from an incredible museum, August 7, 2012
We visited the Hermitage in Saint Petersburg earlier this year, and had the set "drop shipped" to our residence in the States as a souvenir which greeted us when we arrived home - glad we didn't have to lug it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›