5.0 out of 5 stars My son wants to read it by himself!
I bought the Hiccup Books for my second grader. He is a slow reader and usually enjoys my reading chapter books to him at bedtime. Towards the end of this book, I found my child reading the last pages by himself and later to his younger brother. Hiccup has done for my child what Harry Potter did for the world. It taught him the joy of reading.
Published on February 28, 2009 by Christie

3.0 out of 5 stars The First Collection...but Not the First Three Volumes
My 7 year old loves Hiccup's adventures. We'd borrowed the first three Hiccup books from the library: 1. How to Speak Dragonese, 2. How to be a Pirate, 3. How to Train your Dragon.

Published on November 9, 2007 by H. Miller

3.0 out of 5 stars The First Collection...but Not the First Three Volumes, November 9, 2007
This review is from: The Heroic Misadventures of Hiccup the Viking: The First Collection (Hardcover)

We had already bought the fourth book, How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse, so when I saw that there was a box set available, it seemed like a good way to complete our collection. I was annoyed to find that this "First collection" inexplicably contains volumes 1, 3, and 4.

The series is great, but know that this collection is not the first three books.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son wants to read it by himself!, February 28, 2009
Christie "Atticus" (Bronxville, NY, United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Collection, November 28, 2010
Our whole family loves these stories so I wanted to get the whole collection. The product listing does not state which books are in the collection. Had to purchase it to find out it was only #1-6.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection for reluctant readers, December 20, 2007
My 3rd grader and I started our reading of this series with this collection and so far are extremely pleased. These books, with their love of kid oriented vulgarity, sporadic illustrations, charts and translations, lovable yet ornery pet dragons, and gripping adventures, suit his interests to a tee. I expect we'll be going back for the rest of this series. Fortunately, I enjoy reading them myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars we love this series, February 11, 2009
My third grader can read these to himself now but we have too much fun reading them together! Hilarious and engaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, February 8, 2009
This series of books is unique and entertaining as well as humorous. My kids are 9 & 12 and we all love them.

The Heroic Misadventures of Hiccup the Viking: The First Collection
The Heroic Misadventures of Hiccup the Viking: The First Collection by Cressida Cowell (Hardcover - November 1, 2007)
Used & New from: $9.99