5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful book, December 29, 2011
This review is from: The High Street (Hardcover)
We recieved this book as a christmas present for our 4 year old. A great book for reading aloud before bedtime. Sally's shopping trip through the High Street has very interesting pictures and concepts beyond what is written in the text. A great book for creative thinking, memory (Sally has a list), and logic (what shops have what items on the list).

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge hit!, January 21, 2012
Katie Post (Foster City, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The High Street (Hardcover)
My 2-year-old daughter can't say too many phrases as of yet, but "High Street" is one she utters with much practice. This is a favorite book of hers and we read it daily. She finishes the rhymes for me with glee as we read line by line aloud. She loves this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Read, December 29, 2011
This review is from: The High Street (Hardcover)
My 3-year-old daughter loves this book and enjoys pointing out the different items inside the store. Throughout the book, each of the fancy storefronts opens up as Sally enters each one in search of an item on her list.
The only thing I would change about this book is the paper quality. A thicker type of paper that is coated would be better suited and much more durable to all the lifting of the flaps a child would do while reading this book. I got this book in October and is already showing signs of wear after 2 months. Regardless, a very enjoyable book for bedtime reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gem!, July 3, 2012
This review is from: The High Street (Hardcover)
I feel compelled to write my first amazon review because of this book. It's just gorgeous all around and a treasure of a book. Wonderful lyrical, rhyming text and beautifully detailed drawings that make story time with my 4 year old incredibly fun for both of us. I collect children's books as a hobby and this is hands down one of my absolute favorites. Highly recommended for any picture book collection and a wonderful gift as well. You won't be disappointed!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Darling counting book, December 29, 2012
This review is from: The High Street (Hardcover)
My daughter & I checked this book out from the library initially and when it quickly became a part of our nightly story ritual, I knew we needed to add it to our library. The story follows Sally on her shopping trip down High Street. The artwork is darling with each page opening up to reveal the store interior. The book introduces kids to their numbers by having each store address increase from 1 to 10. Overall, it's a darling book that would make a great addition to any child's book collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars The High Street review, July 30, 2014
Gwyneth C. Knolls (San Leandro, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The High Street (Hardcover)
Alice Melvin is one of my favorite illustrators. Her books are difficult to find in the U.S. so I was very pleased to find this one.

The High Street
The High Street by Alice Melvin (Hardcover - October 1, 2011)
$15.95 $12.12