Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on April 13, 2004
I just finished The Hobbit for Xbox last night and I have to say it was VERY well done. I can't believe it got lousy reviews from the magazines! I guess they were trying to compare it to LOTR- which I didn't care for (the games)other than the first one- which this is BY FAR better. It's very much like Zelda Windwaker- with the exception of one particularly difficult level mid way through where it becomes this huge brawl and you die repeatedly! But after getting past that mess- the game opens up and becomes a huge puzzle solving thing where the puzzles are hugely fun! Go figure? The character animations are average, but the level designs are supurb! The music is spectacular, and the artistic direction is excellent! A lot of work went into crafting this great game! I highly recommend it!
on February 27, 2009
As an avid Hobbit fan, I was compelled to purchase this game. Having read the book is not critical, however, your enjoyment will be greatly enhanced knowing about hobbits, Bilbo and the others from middle earth. The amazing thing is this game is almost as much fun to watch another play as it is to play your self. Some of the tasks are fun and others are very difficult. Normally I do not like the violent games, but the battles are against goblins, wizards, spiders, and a dragon. Again, some easy and some are very hard.
Hours and hours of fun. I highly recommend this game. (For what it's worth, I am in my late 50's).
on December 20, 2004
I am a really big LOTR fan.:) I have read the Hobbit three times and love it!!:) I love the works of J.R.R. Tolkien and am sooooo glad they made a great game for a great book!! The story line is like this... thrirteen dwarfs come to a hobbit's house ( the hobbit's name is Bilbo Baggins) and ask him to be a burgler to get their treasure back from the dragon Smaug. So you journey through the book to the lonely mountain. It is a great game but there are some complaints, the graphics aren't that great. The dwarfs get captured to much and you get lost almost every level. The end is very weird, you push a barrel and set off a big contraption and get hit in the head with a rock. The End? WHAT!!!!!:( Not the greatest ending, huh? Oh well, If you have read the book or love LOTR this is the game for you. WARNING!!!!!:o If you love games where you just kill Orcs the whole time this is not the game for you!!!!! Thank you!:) I personally love this game because of the detailed environments and wonderful levels! Two last complaints, when I was reading I was not picturing a red curly haired hobbit. And last is Sting is glowing blue all the time!!!!!:( Overall this game is great and follows the book almost right on and only adds fun things to the story, like meeting and helping other dwarfs, elfs, and men! Definately get this game and have fun!!!!!:)

Lord of the Rings Freak signing off!('sup?)
on September 24, 2006
I and my 6yr old son have enjoyed this game so much! The narration almost stayed true to the original story. It is quite challenging at certain levels.But soon even kids can defeat wight lord!I think it is one of the best games we played so far. Shrek 2 was fun as well as Spyro a hero's tail and finding Nemo. Most of the games available in this platform are rated Teen or Mature which is not suitable for small kids either because of the difficulty or graphic content. Very few games are really worth spending your money and Hobbit is worth every penny. If anyone likes my list and have any suggestions for new game please let me know so that I can play them.
on January 26, 2004
I think this game is cool. I like the levels because they're challenging and exciting! I was begging my parents to get this game for me for christmas, and it was great! I would recomend this game to who ever liked the book. So if you have skill, and like action adventure games, and liked the book GET THIS GAME!!!
on April 24, 2016
this is one of the best video game ever i lost my first cds some where in my house or probably threw them out so i had to reorder new ones cant wait for them to arrive and start playing again thank you vivendi
on December 2, 2004
I absolutely loved this game. It took me a couple of weeks of playing but I finally beat it. It was challenging without being impossible. There were a few tough spots but after trying to get past them a few times and developing a strategy it was do-able. I reccommend this game it was a lot of fun.
on June 12, 2005
the hobbit is the answer to anyone who has an xbox an is a zelda fan in the hobbit game you play bilbo baggins a little hobbit who explore middle-earth you meet some legenary characters from the (lotr) movies face legions of enemies like orcs/smug the dragon you also have the ring to become invisible and sneak past your enemies you must combine attacks useing weponds like your walking stick and the sword sting trust me if you are a zelda fan an do not have a gamecube buy the hobbit you will be glad you did.
on February 15, 2004
This game is NOT fun. The first level is extremely easy and doesn't prepare you for how impossible it is to get through the higher levels. I'm a fairly experienced gamer and I finally had to stop playing becuase veins were popping out on my forehead from sheer frustration and anger at not being able to fight the onslaught of monsters that come at you at the end of the "Spiders and Flies" level.
Moreover, the game skips over my favorite part of the book (Bilbo's meeting with Gollum) by showing a little movie about how Bilbo beats Gollum with a riddle and runs away with the ring. The game makers could have made that a very interesting puzzle-solving part of the game, but they decided to ignore the opportunity.
The graphics in the game are mediocre- bordering on primitive by today's standards and there are a lot of point-of-view problems.
If you have the opportunity to borrow this game from someone first, I'd reccomend that before spending money on it. I wish I had taken my own advice!
on October 9, 2015