5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Gem, December 14, 2004
This review is from: The Hole in the Ocean: a Daring Journey (Paperback)
This book by Jasper Tomkins is a lttle gem. I had the book when I was younger and now picked it up again after many,many,many years. My mother must have read it to me thousands of times and I find myself reading it as a young adult. The illustrations are one of a kind and always take me back to a world of fantsay only a child could understand.

I hope they reprint this book and many of his others. I have been trying to find other titles by Mr. Tomkins but they are very hard to obtain. After rediscovering this book my love for childrens books and illustrastion has grown greatly, I hope Jasper comes out with new books very soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars More Wild Imagination from Tomkins, July 19, 2006
Avalanche Lily (Jacksonville, FL) - See all my reviews
This book takes the reader on a wild ride to the bottom of the ocean, where we discover that things aren't much different than they are on dry land.

The story is fun and imaginative, as is Tomkins other stories seem to be. I'm not a huge fan of the illustrations but the story makes up for that.

Children will delight in seeing all the things that are living in Jasper Tomkins' ocean.

The Hole in the Ocean: a Daring Journey
The Hole in the Ocean: a Daring Journey by Jasper Tomkins (Paperback - May 1, 1991)
Used & New from: $2.45