From the Back Cover
The inside scoop on the biggest headline-grabbing scandals in 100 years of Hollywood history
Which '50s and '60s silver screen he-man preferred them blond, buff, and mustachioed? Against which hot-tempered movie tough guy did Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss take out an order of protection? What was Joan "Mommie Dearest" Crawford's preferred method of keeping son Christopher out of sight during dinner parties?
For as long as there have been big Hollywood stars there have been explosive Hollywood scandals: From the Fatty Arbuckle rape case to the puzzling death of Thelma Todd, from Lana Turner and the fatal knifing of mobster Johnny Stompanato to Ingrid Bergman and Roberto Rossellini's forbidden love, the passage of years has done nothing to dull their ability to captivate us.
In The Hollywood Book of Scandals, bestselling showbiz author James Robert Parish takes us inside thirty-two of the most amazing scandals in Tinseltown history. Going beyond the tabloids and the entertainment news, Parish unfolds the fascinating accounts of the men and women behind the glamorous public images, recounting where they came from, how they rose to the top, and how they got into sensational trouble.
You'll get the deep dish on:
- Silent film star Wallace Reid's tragic death from drug addiction
- Errol Flynn's statutory rape trial
- Loretta Young and Clark Gable's secret love child
- Liz Taylor's seduction of crooner Eddie Fisher
- Judy Garland's pathetic public meltdown
- Bob Crane's baffling death
- The X-rated Rob Lowe sex video
- The killing of rapper Tupac Shakur
- Winona Ryder's infamous shoplifting spree and trial
- The Robert Blake murder trial
About the Author
James Robert Parish is a leading authority on show business and popular culture and the acclaimed author of many published books, including The Hollywood Book of Death, Hollywood Bad Boys, Hollywood Divas, and The Hollywood Book of Love.