5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed for My Studies on The Kindle
I have the Print Version of the NIV Study Bible, but as a new Kindle User - getting away from Dead Tree Books is a Priority for me.

Published on January 14, 2011 by Cold In Seattle

3.0 out of 5 stars An important element missing.
When you are reading on any give page you have no idea what book of the Bible you are in because it appears no where on the page. So you either have to page back to the beginning of the book to see what it is or return to the index and go to where you want from there.
Published on February 24, 2011 by M. Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars An important element missing., February 24, 2011
This review is from: The Holy Bible: Authorized King James Version KJV Holy Bible (ILLUSTRATED) (King James Bible - Churched Authorized Version | Authorised BIble Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, March 17, 2011
I bought this version with hopes of being able to get through with little problems, not so. While using it in bible study, verses were missing, yes missing. I turned page and it was a new chapter. Navigating is horrible, you have to go to table of contents and flip through to chapter and verse and when you need it quick this will not work. I do not recommend this verse due to poor navigation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed for My Studies on The Kindle, January 14, 2011

I wished to return to the KJV, since the writing style causes me to THINK, and then write my own interpretations. I had downloaded samples of a lot of Bibles, but was not pleased with the formatting. I downloaded the sample for this version to my PC, and quite liked the tabbed Chapters.

I put the Bible and Daily Meditations, Devotions in the same Collection. Then, I can quickly open up that days reading, press Home, Right Click on the Authorized King James Version Holy Bible for Kindle title, Search for Book Name, Click on Chapter, and I am there (I like to read the whole chapter, it puts more meaning into the verse being studied).

Highlighting and Notes are a breeze on the Kindle, and can be shared with the kindle.amazon.com page, and the Kindle for PC.

After reading the Chapter, I back out of the Bible, and return to the days meditation.

Because I've used up my book allowance for the month - I am using 2 study guides: Daily Strength for Daily Needs, very good to inspire my own notes and writing; and Craving God eBook, which can be useful for inspiration, but not as good as the Daily Strength. However, I am quite willing to spend the $1 for this book.

For the Money, you can't get better than this. Thanks Christian Miracle Foundation Press.

4.0 out of 5 stars Descent Bible for church, March 9, 2011
I was looking for a e-Bible for my Kindle so I wouldn't have to lug my actual Bible around. Anyways, I've found this one is pretty good, sure it take a little longer to get to the scriptures this way than to just turn to them in my Bible. But if you make sure to keep it on the Table of Contents, select old or New Testament, go to the book of the Bible, then you select the chapter, and then you finally skip pages until you find the verse you want. Sounds difficult, but once you get the hang of it it doesn't take long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Large Print is the Way to Go: Perfect for Me and My Grandfather!, January 5, 2011
A Kid's Review
My grandfather got this for me, and we have been reading it together every Sunday. I really like the large type format as it is easier for me to read. Also I can look up any words I don't know with the built in Kindle dictionary. And I also like to audiobook mode where I can have the Kindle read the Bible to me!

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Editing, Confusing and Contradicting Plotlines, November 3, 2011
So after thoroughly perusing the pages of this novel (twice), I thought I'd share a few thoughts on it. The story starts off reasonably straight-forward, though the author of the first few books seems to be a bit vague and doesn't offer much background or detail about the world in which the story takes place before introducing the main protagonist, Adam. The early main plot line spends a great deal of time describing genealogical information of what I assume are the members of an important family (families?) involved with the story and descended from this Adam character. It seemed a bit overdone, though I guess Tolkien also spent a great deal of time on the seemingly mundane in his books and they're pretty popular. Speaking of which, there are a number of times that magic is invoked to turn rods to snakes or move large bodies of water around. There are also talking serpents and donkeys, so if you're into fantasy fiction this book might interest you.
It's not long before the timeline starts shifting around, though, and it's easy to lose track. It also looks as though there were multiple authors involved in the book's creation. If so, that would go a long way in explaining why the story lines often repeat information the reader has already learned or outright contradicts previous details presented by earlier writers. Why the editor didn't clean up the disparate plot lines and ensure the narrative was consistent is beyond me. Whatever the reason, the editing is atrocious. I don't understand why the authors weren't credited. Some of the books reference names, but I suspect these names are not the real authors. Maybe the quality of the book was such that they wanted to avoid credit?
I did enjoy the numerous battle sequences, though I thought the author(s) could have done a much better job of detailing the action as well as making the motivations for the violence less one-dimensional. It seemed to me the only reason for the seemingly senseless violence was because the primary god in this book said so. I was also confused as to why the author decided to destroy the world near the beginning of the book. It seemed out-of-place and anti-climactic, not to mention a bit far-fetched even for a fiction book. The deity, Yahweh, could have used a lot more character development during the first half of the book as well. Through most of the first half of the novel, the god is ordering the wholesale slaughter of thousands of people for seemingly trivial reasons and doesn't really do much to explain his motivations. I'm also confused as to why this god gets angry when other characters do what they do. He's supposed to be omnipotent and should know exactly what they're going to do. Why, then, would he get angry when they do it? The authors do make a concerted though not altogether consistent attempt to reinvent the god's personality in the second half of the book, but this almost complete reversal of personality traits makes the character seem forced and even more inconsistent that he was in the first half.
I enjoyed the use of personal letters as a vehicle for the narrative. That's a great way for the author(s) to share more information about a character's thoughts and it flows better than narrating in the third-person. Again, though, the editing is pretty horrible and many ideas that come from various characters and are supposed to be in sync aren't. Maybe there just wasn't enough money in the budget to edit properly?
The second half of the book is decidedly more peaceful than the first. The story line picks up at the birth of the new protagonist, Jesus. Then for some inexplicable reason, the author(s) decide to skip upwards of 30 years of his life and jump right into his academic career. Maybe his growth and development doesn't do much for the story, but missing out on the details of his mid-life seems to degrade from the character's development. To top it off, this character is supposed to be Yahweh from the first half of the book, but then later on he is visited by Yahweh in the form of a dove. There's also some kind of ghost or phantom character that's also supposed to be him. Needless to say, the author(s) go off into left field with who this character is and sorting it out is a nightmare.
Jesus then spends several years spreading a good amount of wisdom in the form of stories and public examples. Despite his questionable origins, the character turns out to be very compassionate and caring about the poor and the sick. I think he's one of the best characters in the novel and I like a lot of the ideas the author(s) present through him. If you're a political Conservative, though, I suspect you won't like this character. He advocates the sharing of wealth with the poor and consorts easily with prostitutes and disease-ridden people in order to help them. He also doesn't have much use for money (the horror!). He's able to cast magic spells to heal and resurrect people, which is not normal for people of this world. That lends him an air of mystery but also makes him an enemy of the power pushers in the area.
Eventually he's betrayed by one of his confidantes and is summarily executed. After that, other authors add in additional information or details that might have been missed, though these details are not caught by the editor and are sometimes contradictory. The end of the book is odd in that the author adds in a large dose of prophecy and visions that are so vague and general it's like reading the astrology section of the local newspaper. The main protagonist is dead so why bother with so much extra information at the end??
Final Thoughts:
I thought the book had a lot of interesting ideas and stories, but the inconsistency of the characters and the atrocious editing pretty much ruined it for me. The plot lines were so haphazard and the points made were so contradictory at times that I just couldn't bring myself to give this book a rating any higher than one star. I'll give it credit for imagination, but even books of fiction need to have some basis in reality. This book definitely fails in that regard.

1.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, violent and sexy read!, August 21, 2014
An invaluable resource when one is considering how to tame one's slaves, or exactly how many cows one should demand in exchange for one's daughter. Steamy sex scenes, intense bloodshed and a little bit of that old-time ultraviolence! Frankly, Jesus' best work was the US Constitution, but this is a close second.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, please just get educated instead..., August 21, 2014
Karl Denton (Commerce Twp., MI United States) - See all my reviews
The King James Version is known throughout the world as the most flawed and poorly written version of the bible. That being said I find it a rather disgusting book given it's premise is about some supposed god who basically created our planet, just one amongst the billions in our Galaxy. Unhappy with that he wiped out humans over many, many years creating not one but many genocides. Then for some strange reason found our planet yet again during the early iron age where he raped a teenage girl impregnating her with himself, only to commit suicide a short 30 years later to "save us from our sins". I have this version and several other versions of the bible, they are all disgusting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended for children or those easily offended, August 21, 2014
Ok work of fiction. Not recommended for children or those easily offended, unless of course, you can pick and choose which parts of it to ignore.

1.0 out of 5 stars Spoiler alert! A book about a magician who created ..., August 21, 2014
Spoiler alert!

A book about a magician who created man, then removed a rib to create a woman, then a talking snake told her to eat a piece of fruit that the magician told her not to. She did and cursed all of humanity forever. The magician knew all of this ahead of time but did it because he loves all of her doomed grandchildren who are also her children with her son who killed her other son.
In fact, the magician loves everyone so much he created himself/son as a human from a virgin (if DNA tests could be done back then it'd have confirmed God's DNA), let himself be put to death as a sacrifice, then came back to life somehow not voiding the sacrifice and then removed the curse that he put on us for that rib eating a piece of fruit. While he removed the curse, you're still cursed if you don't adhere to his rigid, contradictory standards. So... basically he didn't remove the curse after all.
This needs to be labelled as fiction because for some weird reason people seem to think this is a true story.