Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 13, 2010
We got this toy for our sons 4th birthday. The belt is plastic. It doens't event fit around his waist and he is not overly skinny. We got some safty pins to pin it up on his shirt. The bolts and nails have all broken in half. DON"T WAIST YOUR MONEY!!
on November 9, 2011
The belt is ridiculously large for a young child's waist, and my kids have become very frustrated as a result of it constantly falling off. They also can't do it up without assistance. It is very stiff and doesn't bend very easily.

The hammer broke early on - the top half of the hammer's head fell off repeatedly until we finally tired of snapping it back on. (We also bought a second Home Depot tool set that same day with birthday money sent from grandparents, and the 'glass' part of the safety goggles never clipped in securely. The kids are always asking me to pop it back in for them. That set came with a cloth tool belt that is also too large, but at least I can adjust the velcro by folding it up, and it can bend around my kids' waists. Being softer and more supple, it is far more comfortable to wear. Too bad it started becoming unsewn within a short time.) It is also challenging for the kids to get the tools into the holders of the belt(s).

With a brand name like The Home Depot, I expected it to be of better quality, but I guess that the price point should have given me a clue.

With all of this said, we have had no troubles with any of the other tools in the set - except for the one that got run over in the driveway by the minivan - and my kids have played with them nearly every day for the past year. They have repaired everything from doors to fences to steps to swing sets to trees.

I like that the individual tools are all labelled. My kids feel proud when they use the correct names for the tools. The cloth belt on the other Home Depot set has a talking 'box' attached to it that quotes things like "righty tighty, lefty loosey" and offers safety tips like wearing a helmet, so I guess that there is an educational component to this toy, as well.

They do have a lot of fun with it, and so maybe it was still worth the money.
on October 13, 2015
cute concept and comes with a lot of tools but the belt settings are way off. It says for ages 3 and up. My son is an above average sized 4 year old and the smallest waist setting is too big. It falls right to the floor. Too bad because he really liked it
on June 7, 2013
The belt is several inches too big on its smallest setting for my 3 year old. The tools seem fine, but why bother buying a toolbelt set just for the tools, when you can buy the toolbox set or a workbench set, either of which also comes with tools?
on August 18, 2013
The tools included in this set look very real and are well manufactured. My daughter wanted to be daddy's helper around the house and loves her new set!
on January 7, 2015
Was disappointed in the quality of the product, the belt looks like simulated leather. It is hard plastic and very difficult to put on a small child.
on March 10, 2016
The belt is a bit too big for my child, even when it's on the shortest setting, but overall, it's cute and he likes it.
on January 7, 2014
This was a gift for a 4 yr old, durable and perfect for his home depot work station he loved it!
on November 17, 2015
Materials are cheap. Belt does not have enough adjustment for a normal child.
on June 15, 2015
Evereyone wads very happy with this gift.