4.0 out of 5 stars a fun family flick

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars a fun family flick, November 5, 2004
Christian Buckley (Washington State, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Home Teachers (Special Edition) (DVD)
I don't know what that other guy is talking about. As far as LDS films go, this one is the funniest of the bunch, better than Singles Ward or RM, both of which I enjoyed. Michael B does a great job of capturing every sport-enthusiast-Mormon stereotype and pokes fun at all of the nightmare aspects of home teaching, from the last minute scheduling to the un-prepared-and-desperate spiritual thoughts. Although I've not tried entertaining my families with clogging demonstrations. Yes, the whole movie is over the top. But its hilarious because you'll see yourself or your home teacher is many of the situations. Its just good fun, folks. And I love the soundtrack, too. Can't get enough of those jazzed up and hip-ified primary tunes.

4.0 out of 5 stars physical comedy with a mormon twist, and a spiritual message., June 7, 2011
This review is from: The Home Teachers (Special Edition) (DVD)
This movie was great for the most part. A few over-the-top comedy skits, but mostly just good, clean, physical comedy. I loved it, and the best part was the great message at the end. A must-see modern mormon film.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, May 15, 2011
This review is from: The Home Teachers (Special Edition) (DVD)
My kids' favorite movie! Also fun for my husband and I to watch. We watch this one over and over again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, October 5, 2009
This review is from: The Home Teachers (Special Edition) (DVD)
I laughed, but it is a bit over the top, as it should be. This is not intelligent humor, just fun.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money, May 26, 2005
This review is from: The Home Teachers (Special Edition) (DVD)
This is quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen. I really enjoyed "Single's Ward" and thought I'd give this a try. The characters were overplayed and the movie seemed drag on and on. I would have been disappointed had I spent $4.00 renting this movie--unfortunately I bought it. If you really want to buy the movie, email me and I'll give you a great deal on mine. My copy has only been used once.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny over-the-top LDS Humor, November 13, 2006
This review is from: The Home Teachers (Special Edition) (DVD)
I was very surprised by some of comments by those who gave negative reviews. This is a comedy and it was meant to be over the top. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Unfortunately, many of us have met folks who approach both ends of the spectrum presented by the two main characters. This fact and similar stereotypes are what make these two caricatures so funny. My wife and I were rolling during several of the scenes. Better than some LDS movies (RM, It's Latter-day Night), nearly as good as others (God's Army, Singles Ward, Saints and Soldiers), it's worth a view if you want to have a good laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10, 2014
This review is from: The Home Teachers (Special Edition) (DVD)
As an LDS member thought it was wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoy it, July 8, 2014
This review is from: The Home Teachers (Special Edition) (DVD)
I liked this movie, but I havemt had a home teacher visit me in years

4.0 out of 5 stars slapstick comedy, June 17, 2014
This review is from: The Home Teachers (Special Edition) (DVD)
It got a little on the corny side, with unrealistic happenings, but it was a good laugh. This would be like taking all the worst visits for years and putting them together in one day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Needs a little "stick with it"., June 11, 2014
Johnny Rudick (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Home Teachers (Special Edition) (DVD)
You need to hang in there if you are looking for inspiration.
The lesson is subtle.
At first look it seems to be slapstick comedy which to me, is funny enough.
But there is something much better going on here.
These two could not be more opposite.
One cannot bare to miss one min of the football game and Church seems to be standing in his way.
The other is an "over the top", "letter of the Law" kind of guy that we all LOVE to have around.
In the end, they both learn a lesson and lives in the end are blessed.
You have to be paying attention though or you surly will miss the point.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Home Teachers (Special Edition)
The Home Teachers (Special Edition) by Kurt Hale (DVD - 2004)
$17.95