Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on April 17, 2009
The information and education in this book is the first I have seen to clearly outline a lifestyle which is practical to follow with definitive results. I am considered a healthy fit individual and have never eaten "unhealthy". However, had daily fatigue, joint pain (sports injuries), IBS etc. for 20 years. After only 1 month of following Dr. Turners diet I have the energy back of an 18 year old (I am 44), no joint pain and no digestive symptoms at all. I am truly amazed that in 20 years of seeking medical care for all the above the only answer I was every given was "you have to learn to live with it". I highly recommend this book.
44 comments| 340 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2010
At the age of 51, I was hit with hot flashes, nightsweats, a 20 lb weight gain of mostly abdomninal fat, fatigue and hypoglycemia. This book was a lifesaver thrown to me. Like others, I have tried and failed all the conventional diets out there. I also have a gluten intolerance, which causes my body to make antibodies that attack my thyroid. I am lucky to have a doctor who practices Integrative medicine and found the source of my borderline low thryoid and treat it with a gluten free diet and Armour thyroid. Then, along came this book which just added to my treatment. I don't think there is a healthier way of eating out there. The smoothie recipes are awesome, and a perfect way to start the day. I always tried to eat salad for lunch, but these suggestions and recipes are fantastic.
This is not a diet book that tells you exactly what to eat and when. It just clearly spells out what foods you should be eating and what foods to avoid. It has great snack ideas that are not only good for you, but good tasting.
To sum it all up, this book has changed my life!
55 comments| 203 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2010
The Hormone Diet Book is fantastic!!
Over the past ten years,I have put on 40 pounds, eating healthily and could not understand why.Having been diagnosed with a thyroid problem, I visited thyroid specialists from Washington State to Texas.Still feeling sluggish,tired,overweight and miserable,I felt drawn to Dr Turners book.I had tried every other diet book,so why not this one ?
I read the first few chapters,skipped a bit,read some more and started the clean up. The first week,eating four times a day,I lost 3 lbs.
I was going to the gym 5 days a week and found out from the book that I was doing too much cardio!!Now I am stronger and work out less.
After four months,I lost 28 pounds and I am still losing gradually.I feel great,my clothes fit perfectly,no more mood swings etc.Having been told that 'maybe you are supposed to be this weight' by a specialist,you can only imagine my delight. I am totally in charge of my life. Dr Turner is the greatest. Thank you,thank you.
0Comment| 229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2012
I consider this book my second Bible. I have always been a healthy individual, watching what I eat and drink and exercising fairly regularly for the past 25 years. My MO is weight training for exercise. I've always maintained my weight within 15 pounds of my weight of when I was 25. As soon as I would get a little out of line, I would cut back a bit and this was all I needed to do for a few weeks. BUT after I turned 50, all broke loose and all of a sudden I have belly fat and my legs were getting hefty, yet, no change in my diet or lifestyle! I was getting seriously depressed and trying other diets and nothing was working.

I'm a cell biologist and I work in the field of metabolism - I have always been fascinated by nutrition and the healing powers of foods. I found Natasha's book and read the synopsis and hormone regulation made sense. I ordered the book and as soon as I got it, I ate it up! Read it from cover to cover at least 3 times and now I refer to it regularly. The guidelines on morning protein wakes me up better than a cup of coffee ( not to mention the smoothie/protein recipes are GREAT) and keeps me satiated. I drink lots of iced green tea during the day and I have to remind myself it's time to eat because I'm not hungry. I do log my food in Calorie Count.com, which has helped me balance my intake of carbs, protein, fats and keep me at my daily intake goal. It's important to eat enough as well. I also take the supplements - my favorite is the holy basil, to lower the cortisol and I do beleive this is why I no longer have belly or thigh fat. My face has thinned out, my skin is clear and bright, I have energy to spare - I've lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks, 3" off my waist and 1.5" off my hips. I'm seeing my muscle tone again. I LOVE the circuit weight training - very challenging, but it's done in 30 minutes and I feel like I really accomplished something great when I'm done. The guideline to keep workouts under 40 minutes to keep the cortisol levesl down makes perfect sense. It was not that I was that overweight, as my goal is only another 6 pounds, but knowing I have control over my weight is so empowering! I will continue to eat like this once I reach my goal, but at a maintainable level of calories and the workouts are with me for life. THANK YOU NATASHA!
11 comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2013
I happened to see this lady on Dr. Oz, which I never watch since I work during the day. I have been looking to see why my sense of smell was still so strong and narrowed it down to hormones being off. That is why I got this book. Little did I know it would completely get my IBS under control like nothing, nothing ever has. Yes, it takes while to read it. Then, based off what you get for your scores, you have to create your own plan. But I got my numbers, ordered my supplements off Amazon, and within days I was feeling so much better. It has helped my inflammation, my anxiety, and my IBS. I am off all prescription pills I was on for all those. Not only that, but for the first time in years, I am not cold all the time. I still take my thyroid meds, and will just because it takes so long to find the right dose, but for years, I was cold all the time. Not any more. My metabolism is kicking in. As for losing weight, I really don't care if I do or not since I have gotten all the above. But, I have. Just by being able to deal with my IBS, I can actually get out and run like I used to. This book was life changing for me. If you really want to feel good and think your hormones have anything to do with it, buy this book! It helped my arthritis, my thyroid, my anxiety, and my IBS. If it would have helped only one of those, I would have praised it. Take the time to go through the book and rate yourself. If this could have been rated 100 stars, I would have rated it so. And it did help my sense of smell not be so overwhelming, leading to my IBS acting up.
on February 15, 2011
After reading just 50 pages of this book I knew that I'd finally hit the gold mine...it makes so much sense. I actually feel that what this book talks about is what's wrong with everyone I know, we just didn't know it, or how to go about finding out. The 15 tests are worth the price of the book alone! Fantastic! Very pleased to have found it! My life and health will never be the same again- I will be healthier, slimmer, with my hormone levels finally correct! I advice everyone to read this book, men and woman alike- you won't be sorry!
on June 16, 2011
Finally, a book written by someone who knows both professionally and through life experience what it feels like to gain weight without really eating more. As women, we know that our hormones effect our weight fluctuations. However, as I reached menapause my weight only went up and I was clueless on how to lose it. With my daughter's wedding approaching I needed to do something fast that would allow me to lose the extra weight around my middle. The valuable information about food allergies and its effect on putting on weight was enlightening. With the supplements suggested, a better strategy for exercise, and starting with the detox diet I am on my way to the weight that previously I had been unsuccessful in losing. This is not a diet book but a healthy lifestle book that is not that hard to follow and yeilds rapid results in feeling better and then losing weight. Once I picked up this book, I finished it in a few days and immediately began applying the principles taught. So this is a must read if you have struggled to lose weight and keep it off.
on August 28, 2010
Great book, brings all I've learned about hormones as a hypothyroid menapausal woman with "issues" from it into connection with diet and all the other hormones in the body that reflect themselves into how you feel and function. Gives me the answers to why I have not been able to lose the belly fat despite eating right and being a "gym rat".
on August 3, 2010
Since as long as I can remember I would pop an asprin every time I started my period or would just stay home the first day because it was so painful. About a year ago however I started to notice that every time I ate I would look like I was 4 months pregnant! Back fat was becoming an issue and I was noticing some cellulite, in addition to irregular periods with heavy bleeding and symptoms of uterine fibroids. Long story short, everything I read in your book was right on and made perfect sense! I modified my diet and lifestyle according to the guidelines in your book and begun experiencing completely painless periods that came more regularly. Best of all, after a few months the bloating problem I seemed to have whenever I ate has completely gone away, even after a week of vacation food! I can't thank you enough for writing such a detailed prescription for hormonal health. At age 45, I now feel better than I have in years!! I share your book with everyone now!!
on April 1, 2011
I have been really healthy the last 7 years but could never get under 140 lbs. I averaged 145 with 2 hour workouts 5 days a week and counting calories and limiting my intake to 1500-1700 a day. Finally I was just going to accept that I would be this weight no matter what I did. I decided to try the Hormone Diet as a last resort. I dropped 10 pounds in 3 months, workouts are half as long, and I'm not counting calories anymore. Also, my Pms is better, and I don't feel like I'll never be able to lose weight. This is a lifestyle education, NOT a diet. I'm so happy I did it, and am re-reading the book to learn more about nutrition and balancing my hormones. THANK YOU!!!