5.0 out of 5 stars Where there is a will there is a way!
A friend who gave me " Me Before You" introduced me to Jojo Moyes. I am unable to review it as I did not purchase it from Amazon! Suffice it to say that the moment I finished the book I looked for her next novel on Amazon, which was "The Horse Dancer".
Published 17 months ago by Mags

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable but the main characters were a little frustrating
The choices made by the main characters were along the lines of - Why don't you just say what you mean and explain why you do the things you do and everyone will be a whole lot better off.
Published 24 months ago by Lisa Papesch

5.0 out of 5 stars Where there is a will there is a way!, August 18, 2013
This review is from: The Horse Dancer (Kindle Edition)
Henri Lachapelle is Sarah's grandfather. He grew up on a farm in France. He was accepted into Le Cadre Noir, an elite riding academy dating from 1770. Twenty two top riders, military and civilian, all males, are selected on merit. He met and fell in love with his wife at one of the Le Cadre Noir's annual shows in England. Sarah, 14 years old, is cared for by her grandfather as her grandmother died and her mother left her after she was born. Henri Lachapelle purchases a horse for Sarah and stables him in an old stable yard in London. He teaches Sarah to train her horse and take responsibility for it. He has heard that Le Cadre Noir has relaxed their regulations and have accepted two female riders on merit.
Alas, Henri has a stroke and is hospitalised. Sarah tries to cope with school, hospital visits and caring for her horse. This novel is extremely well researched and even readers who have never ridden a horse and know little about them will enjoy this enthralling story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read!, November 1, 2012
This review is from: The Horse Dancer (Kindle Edition)
This is only the second book I have read by Jojo Moyes, the first one being Me Before You ( also a fantastic read). I absolutely loved The Horse Dancer from start to finish, so much so that I feel really sad that I've finished it! It will be a hard act to follow. Brilliant storyline and captivating characters. A must read! Looking forward to starting the next JJM book as, thankfully, I still have a few to choose from :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Read.., April 1, 2012
This review is from: The Horse Dancer (Kindle Edition)
Horse Dancer, well I could not put it down, the story line was riveting and very well written, exposing Humanity's foibles and the despair often experienced but underlying the story one person's determination to reach her goal. I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jojo Moyes excells!, May 11, 2014
This review is from: The Horse Dancer (Kindle Edition)
Oh my! I was utterly enthralled from beginning to end. I love horses and have been privileged to see a performance of these beautiful creatures at the Spanish Riding School in Vienna and also a number of times the Lipizzaners here in South Africa. Jojo's descriptions are so accurate and vivid that I could feel and smell the scenes. She is a great authoress and obviously a horse lover and dressage rider? I have even ordered a printed book for my husband because he won't use a Kindle. This is a book not to be missed!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable but the main characters were a little frustrating, February 2, 2013
Lisa Papesch (CHIPPENDALE, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, October 8, 2010
This review is from: The Horse Dancer (Kindle Edition)
A moving story that opens up your imagination of what London was like back in the day, and how hard it was to earn a living, let alone keep a horse. This book will inspire any horse lover and encourage you to go out and work with your horse.
Love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book - though slower than her usual books to get into, May 3, 2014
This review is from: The Horse Dancer (Kindle Edition)
It took me longer than usual to get into and a bit predictable. But a good read none the less.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read., December 13, 2013
This review is from: The Horse Dancer (Kindle Edition)
I really liked this book very much. The story was good and I had to keep reading it. The only criticism I have is that I am a horse woman and the actual events and some of the things that happened with the horse was not accurate.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Horsedancer Review, July 29, 2013
This review is from: The Horse Dancer (Kindle Edition)
Quiet readable but not un-put down able! I thought the story line was a little drawn out and the ending a little predictable.

3.0 out of 5 stars A moving story, June 6, 2013
This review is from: The Horse Dancer (Kindle Edition)
A great book.A little slow moving to start, and predictable, but an emotional read. Recommended for a cold,rainy day with no interruptions

The Horse Dancer
The Horse Dancer by Jojo Moyes (Paperback - January 1, 2010)
Used & New from: $6.08