Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on October 6, 2010
I love this show. I have pre-ordered the season on Amazon, thus avoiding the computer generated blurbs, and commercials. The characters are wonderful, even though they are all gorgeous and money never seems to be a problem, and neither is curfew. College would have been a more realistic setting for the characters. Then again, its a series about vampires, werewolves, and witches, so a little more suspension of disbelief is not all that hard. This season starts right as the first ended, at the carnival. I anticipate each episode being better than the previous. I love re-watching the first season, you discover new details each time you watch them. Sit back and enjoy! If you live Twilight you will love this.
66 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2010
I heard this show was for teeny boppers but took a chance and purchased season 1
I am a recently retired Marine and after watching the first 5 minutes I was hooked!
This show has drama,action,and great acting! This series is for adults and kids.
Can't wait for season 2 to be released!
44 comments|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2010
As I understand it, The Vampire Diaries is supposedly aimed at teenage girls, well I am neither, yet (as far as I am concerned) this series is tied with NCIS as the best program in TV, the BLU-RAY disc's are stunningly well done, the transfers are near perfection, the sound is well balanced and dynamic, the performances are first rate, the stories are great, and constantly go off in directions that are full of surprises, not to mention fun, I look froward to every episode, and can hardly wait until season 2 is out on BLU-RAY, so I don't have to constantly be distracted by the idiotic computer generated blurbs across the bottom of the screen, you know the ones that tell you what you are watching (wow they think were dumb) what's coming up next(gee I can't wait to find out), thanks for telling me, what's coming up next Tuesday, next month, next year, log on to this or that link, tell us how good we are, bla bla bla et infinitum, makes the decision to buy the BLU-RAY a no brainer, the same applies to season 2, it's just as involving and the Blu-Ray discs are just as well done, can't heap enough praise on this series or the BR transfers
44 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2010
The TV Series is so much better than the books, which is a first for me . I have always preferred the book or books over any movie or show created loosely based on a book. So, I have to say the screen writers are creating episodes for this series which are far more exciting to watch than read !!! Gotta love the CAST Too !!
on April 10, 2011
Yep, that's exactly what I thought when I heard of this show. I thought it was yet another mass-consumer product for all those rabid Tween-Twilight fans (and their mom's)...
Until I actually sat down and watched it.
VD, (funny acronyms aside) I am happy to admit, was everything that Twilight dribble was not: it treated teens seriously, (as Buffy the Vampire Slayer did) realistically and was not afraid to explore controversial subjects. This show does not depict teens as vapid, angsty and shallow, (although some of the characters do start that way). It takes the vampire genre, (Dracula, Anne Rice, True Blood) and the teen TV show genre (90210, Dawson's Creek, Party of Five) and gives it a fresh and supernatural spin. Its refreshing to see a show where the characters have real-life motivations, actually portraying the glories and perils of adolescence. It does not shy away from topics such as drug use, unprotected sex, racism and promiscuity. It blends adolescent and adult characters with great care and realism. It is nice to actually watch a show that makes me want to come back for more, that actually cares about the subject and the viewer. Major characters struggle, suffer and actually die; this is not a soap opera. Bravo for Vampire Diaries! Cannot wait for season 3. I just hope they keep these writers happy and that the formula continues. For those of you who are reluctant to watch, trust me, I was too and now I am a big fan of this show.
on December 28, 2010
The books may have been geared towards teenagers (which I am not one) but the TV series stands up to the best of the best on the air right now. It has been years since any show has captivated me or my friends where we count down the days, then the hours, until showtime. Well written plots move very fast, which means if you actually miss an episode, you better download it off iTunes before the next episode. If you can look past the stunningly beautiful cast, you will be pleasantly surprised at the talent and chemistry stuffed into one hour. There have been moments of shock, moments of love, moments of warm fuzzies that will stay with you for days.

I have made it a goal to introduce everyone I care about to TVDs and I have yet to fail in my quest to convert them into fans. I get thanked repeatedly. I've even brought on new Twitter people to follow the cast since most of them are active tweeters. So if you have some mind block where you won't tune in because its in the middle of Season 2, or you think its for preteens, you are dead wrong. Currently on Thursday at 8 pm EST on The CW. Watch it... you may even dream about it because it is that good.
on December 8, 2010
This series makes movies like twilight look like a cheap cartoon flick!! By far the best vampire series i have ever seen. Very well written, directed, and the cast is superior to none. I enjoy it immensely along side of Smallville & Supernatural. Definitely my top 3 so far!!!!!!
on March 12, 2011
I feel like I'm watching a movie every week! This show has it going on!! For the SNOBS out there.... I'm sure True Blood is great, but you really can't compare the two because TB is on a cable channel where they can be a little more graphic. With TVD, it was intended for the younger audience and is on a local standard channel. I think this show appeals to all ages because even though it's sexy, it's also wholesome. And Damon.... that man is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
on September 23, 2011
I have been a The Vampire Diaries: The Complete First Seasonfan from the first season... from the first episode. But I wait for each episode to start heading off into a direction that is too indepth or unrealistic for me to enjoy anymore. Instead, each season, writers Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson, never fail to keep the episodes real and in touch with - well - reality.

The actors who portray their characters - Ian Somerhalder as Damon Salvatore, Nina Dobrev as Elena Gilbert, Paul Wesley as Stefan Salvatore, and Joseph Morgan and Klaus - are absolutely great at what they do. They bring the show to life, and make you believe that this is really what's going on in Mystic Falls, Virgina. They are so indepth that you get to know, not only what is on the surface, but what is in their background, their entire past, they snap, they soften - every situation imaginable for a character's personal growth is portrayed excellently here.

This season, it picks up right where the last episode in season 1 left off, and we really learn more about all of the character's backgrounds and the motivations behind multiple characters. We see Damon's character advance and mature, as well as see his true nature (Sorry, I'm a bit biased, he's my favorite character). We learn a whole lot about this Katherine, AKA Katerina Petrova and what a doppleganger is. We learn about Stefan's not-so-innocent past. We see Caroline's character advance, mature, and grow into a stronger, self-sufficent person. And a whole lot more. Each episode is like a grand finale with little room for dull moments.

Even if you're not a fan of the vampire genre, this is a series that is very genre flexible (unless you very strictly hate fantasy, sci fi, and horror) because it is so realistic, there is something that you can relate to in every character, situation, etc.
on August 29, 2011
Season 1 of this show was amazing, so I was delighted that season 2 is even better. Every character on the show becomes more multi-dimensional this season. Caroline as a vampire is so amazing. Her storyline with Tyler has its very own spin-off potentional. Bonnie turns even more bad-ass as a witch Goddess. Fans of Willow from Buffy will love her power and growth as well as her new love interest this season. The first half deals with Katherine and the fallout of her arrival. Then the introduction of the werewolfs takes this show up a notch that Twilight's New Moon couldn't match. The introduction of the original vampires Klaus and Elijah was a work of genius. I can't think of one thing that would have improved this season. Fans of both Stefan and Damon will find plenty of moments to cheer about this season. However, the best relationship in this show for me is the relationship between the two brothers, Stefan and Damon. Seeing them come together and often clash to protect Elena is spell-bounding. Stefan proves over and over he will always do what Elena wants him to do while Damon will always do what he believes is BEST for her or what she needs. The contrast in the two approaches is amazing. The length Stefan goes to at the end of the season to save his brother is heartwrenching. This show is for all ages and all fans of the supernatural genre. My 63 year old father started watching season 1 with me and loved it. I can't wait until he watches all of season 2.