Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The House That Heaven Built
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon January 10, 2013
I couldn't resist swiping another review's title. That person's point is that this song sounds like their other songs. Mine is that the song, itself, sounds mostly the same all the way through.

It's a high energy rock song. It starts with a wall of guitar sound that remains mostly unchanged through the first 2/3 of the song. High energy drums. But dynamic; there is no rise or fall in volume level; pretty much just loud all the way up to that 2/3. While there are chord changes, the wall of guitar at the beginning has a way of hiding them.

Obviously this song did not do much for me, even though I'm a fan of many kinds of music.

Then again, for people who like this kind of music, this is just the sort of music they'd like! ;-)
on July 16, 2012
"The House That Heaven Built" is the first single from the Canadian duo's CELEBRATION ROCK. The album's title is a great description of the 8 tracks that the record is composed of, and this song is no different. The song looks back at old times spent together with friends, and it nails the nostalgic feeling perfectly. The song is characteristic of much of the album, so if listeners enjoy this song, I would encourage them to also check out the full-length record. Frantic, punk-rock guitars, pounding drums, and desperate vocal delivery.

This song is currently listed as free on Amazon -- at this price, you have nothing to lose but a few minutes. What are you waiting for?

Japandroids' full-length CELEBRATION ROCK is great -- be sure to check it out.
on August 1, 2012
I love the cross between ameture garage music and modern pop alt that this bad brings. This song shows that by being on the edge or yelling rather the the normal modern alt mumble or whin (not saying I dislike that either, just being honest with descriptions) There music is very raw and unsophisticated which appeals great to the younger me who listen to bands like Rancid, Against Me! and so on.
on July 16, 2012
This song is so catchy and upbeat. It really gets me going in the morning. I bought the whole album, but I definitely recommending at least giving this song a shot while it's FREE! What do you have to lose?
on February 10, 2013
This song is #24 on Rolling Stone magazines list of the 50 best songs of 2012.some straight edge hard rock from some guys with a handful of albums and as many years to their credit.
on August 7, 2012
Found this song for free and now listen to the band a lot on Alt Nation on Sirius XM. Great tune that is something I don't here on regular radio.
on February 24, 2013
The entire album is a joy. This one in particular makes a joy filled noise. And if you don't like it, well as they say, you can go to...
on December 3, 2012
This just sounds the same as all thier songs.It was just OK for me. If you like them you will enjuy this song.
on February 28, 2013
Great rocking tracking that is so catchy that I sing it for days. It's a good taste of want this group can do
on November 25, 2012
It's a great workout tune and gets me going in the gym when I feel like slacking which is every Monday.