5.0 out of 5 stars What richness, what grandeur is so easily captured? :)
Published on May 14, 2003 by Lindsay Harrison

3.0 out of 5 stars Stories
These are great stories to read your little ones and make you smile. I would get this for your little ones too.
Published 17 months ago by AZ

5.0 out of 5 stars What richness, what grandeur is so easily captured? :), May 14, 2003
This classic is listed under the age group of four to eight, and as a Poohphile I am quite appalled that it is. Winnie the Pooh books have such wit, wisdom, and humor that gets better every time I read them. Their not just for children, they are for everyone. Over the years, Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet, Tigger, Kanga, and Roo have become some of my dearest chums. I once heard someone say, or perhaps I read it, that "books are like dear friends, and who has too many friends?" I am quite inclined to agree with that statement. This book is a dear friend of mine and I hope that you shall make it yours. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's never too late!, October 27, 2007
It's never too late - meaning you're never too old - for Pooh bear and his friends in the Hundred Acre Wood. If you need an excuse, you can always say you "had to buy it for the kids!" Absolutely wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars The One Book That Influenced Me the Most, May 21, 2004
S. Baker "srhcb" (Chisholm, MN United States) - See all my reviews
I was participating in an on-line discussion on the subject of the single book that had influenced us each the most.
The book that first came to my mind was "The House at Pooh Corner". It seemed rather silly, but after considerable reflection I decided it was probably the correct answer after all.
The book was read to me by my Dad before I could read, and I still re-visit it occasionally fifty years later. In fact, I wouldn't be adverse to using it's ending as my epitath.

5.0 out of 5 stars The finest Pooh audiocassettes ever recorded!, August 16, 2000
[This is a review of the Traflagar Square/Hodder-Headline audiocassette version] I learned to read by listening (again and again and again and again) to a pair of well-loved and well-worn LPs of the Pooh stories read by Maurice Evans. I always considered them the finest Pooh audiobooks ever recorded. Up until now! Now there's this wonderful series of fully-dramatized adventures of Pooh featuring a brilliant cast of wonderful British actors: Stephen Fry ("Jeeves and Wooster") as Pooh, Geoffrey Palmer ("The Madness of King George") as Eeyore, Judy Dench ("Shakespeare in Love") as Kanga...and best of all, the *incomparable* Jane Horrocks ("Little Voice" and Bubble from "AbFab") as a squeaky, alarmed, and altogether adorable Piglet. You don't have to be a kid to appreciate these fine recordings (and there are plenty of adult Pooh fans out there who will *love* these versions). Accept no substitutes: this is simply the finest Pooh audio series yet created, beating by a *far* distance the Alan Bennett and (ugh!) Charles Kuralt versions. There's more than just this one tape in the series, too. The series includes "Tigger Comes to the Forest" (ISBN: 1840322195); "Piglet Meets a Heffalump" (ISBN: 1840320524) and "Pooh Invents a New Game" (ISBN: 1840322268). Type the 10-digit ISBN number into the Amazon search field to go directly to the webpages for these cassettes.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book by Alan Alexander Milne.By :ALBERTO RENGIFO, February 7, 2002
A Kid's Review
The book I just read is the best! When I read a Pooh book it was awesome! Really, first I though it would be a babyish book,but it's not. My favourite chracter is Pooh. He is always thinking of hunny, and funny po ems and songs. I also like the words that A.A.MILNE invented I though those words came from another planet. I hope to read all of A.A.milne's books soon. If you don't read it you don't know what you are missing. I have only read The House At Pooh Corner and, I am now reading Winnie-The-Pooh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the whole family!, June 28, 2006
This review is from: The House at Pooh Corner (Audio CD)
We listen to this (and Winnie the Pooh) all the time in the car. Everyone loves it, from the 3-year-old to the parents. Milne's subtle humor is still enjoyable after the 50th listening, and Jim Broadbent's voices perfectly suit the characters. I highly recommend this audio CD. Sometimes an actor reading the work can add so much to a story (as opposed to mom or dad reading aloud, which we also enjoy), and this is one of those times. Broadbent's Eeyore is unforgettable...

5.0 out of 5 stars Christopher Robin and his friends are timeless., June 7, 1999
By A Customer
As long as there are children,the stories of Christopher Robin,Pooh,Piglet,Eeyore,Rabbit,Owl,Kanga,Roo and Tigger will delight them.Eeyore is the perfect pessimist,while Pooh is the open-minded one for whom the world remains a wonder.Kanga proves the best mother,not only for Roo,but Tigger.Tigger is happy and bouncy-because he's Tigger.Piglet shows himself more than once to be a hero.
Christopher Robin is not always in the forrest,and we learn that he is going to school in the morning-with or without the Spotted or Herbaceous Backson.As Christopher Robin grows,he gradualy leaves the forest and his friends behind.Yet,we must always remember,as Christopher Robin's father reminds us;"Somewhere,a little boy and his bear will always be playing!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Classic, October 30, 2007
The House at Pooh Corner is a beautiful edition of the classic book. I purchased it for my three-year-old great-granddaughter for a Christmas present.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Inferior Sequel is Still Much Better Than Most Books, January 27, 2007
I'm sorry so say that The House at Pooh Corner isn't quite as good as the Winnie-The-Pooh book that preceeds it. It spends a lot of time on the new character Tigger. Too much if you ask me. Even though Tigger is a darn cute fellow in words and pictures, I thought the first Pooh book to be much more balanced out, and to be honest, I didn't think Tigger to be as funny as the other characters. He's only funnier than Rabbit, and that's not saying much. Rabbit's darn plain when compared to that crafty Brer Rabbit of the Uncle Remus books.

Actually, maybe Tigger isn't the problem. It's just that some of the middle chapters of the book are quite bland. Two, Three, and Five don't stand out very much, and look rather ordinary. However, Eight, Nine, and Ten more than make up for the bland chapters and suddenly this book becomes well worth reading. Eeyore's even funnier in his second appearance than his first, and Milne does such a great job giving personality to even the most inanimate of objects. The man's a darn good writer, let's face it.

And, my goodness, Chapter Ten really gets you thinking. Where is Christopher Robin going? Is entering into the grown-up world really so bad? What will the forest do without him? It's very subtle, but you can tell it's important too.

I think my favorite thing about the Pooh books is the entire universe is pretty much limited to 8 or so different individuals. Pooh wakes up and says, "Let's visit everybody to wish them a Happy Thursday!" He can do that because there are only like 8 people in the whole world. It sure makes things a lot simpler having so few people.

The Pooh books make simplicity beautiful. They seem to be set in a very limited technological environment with a heavy emphasis on nature. Heck, everyone there lives in a tree, for goodness sakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Pleasant Discovery, February 7, 2002
Dulce Gomez (Lecheria, Venezuela) - See all my reviews
Upon looking for reading materials for my fourth grade class I stumbled upon "A House At Pooh Corner" by A.A.Milne. I leafed through it and ...fell in love with it! I have become A Pooh Fan!
As I informed my students we were going to tead Winnie The Pooh they all whined thinking that it was a "baby book". Well they were immediately charmed by A.A.Milne's beautiful language, unique style and sophisticated humor. They read the book, demanded other works by the same author and completed a project about the book. We`re even celebrating Pooh's Birthday in our classroom and have become Pooh's, Eeyore's, Tigger's, Piglet's, Rabbit's,Kanga's, Roo's ,Owl's and Cristopher Robbin's eternal fans. Do Not Miss the chance of a close encounter with the finest literature.

The House at Pooh Corner
The House at Pooh Corner by A. A. Milne (Audio CD - January 6, 2004)
Used & New from: $59.95