4.0 out of 5 stars really good!!!
I wasn't sure if I would like this movie..it was really good though..I downloaded
It to take on a overnight trip with my sister....So give it a chance you'll enjoy it ,I promise...
Published 2 months ago by michelle

3.0 out of 5 stars A cute adventure movie for the entire family.
With two opposing reviews, I was not sure what to expect. I decided to take a chance and glad I did.

This is a movie directed at a younger audience but one older people can enjoy. It reminds me of a Disney movie, kinda like SpyKids. It is very G rated.

This is not a B movie. Everything is well done. Filming and audio are excellent...
Published 5 months ago by WakkyWabbit

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars A cute adventure movie for the entire family., November 15, 2013
This review is from: The Hunters (Amazon Instant Video)

Premise: Two teenage boys, sons of famous treasure hunters, plus cute girl, are off to find Mom and Dad and the missing pieces of Snow White's mirror.

Action is good. Well choreographed fight scenes, nothing harsh. Again, very G rated.

Acting: If there is any part where the movie lags, it is in the acting. It is not bad acting, but a movie geared toward younger audiences. The way the mother acts/talks came across as a bit "different" to me.

Family friendly: Yep, very family friendly. Just a few fight scenes. No bad words. No nekkid people. One cute kiss.

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie. It was fun. It kept my attention the entire time. This is a movie I will rent again when my nephew is over for projector movie night when Grandma, Grandpa and little Sis are visiting. I think everyone will enjoy. There may be a sequel.

My reason for three stars. I rated media much more harshly than tangible merchandise. 5 is outstanding, 4 is great, 3 is pretty good. It is a solid 3.

4.0 out of 5 stars really good!!!, January 16, 2014
michelle (eugene, OR, United States) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars LOOKING FOR SPRAY CHEESE, November 17, 2013
This review is from: The Hunters (Blu-ray)
I knew I was in trouble when the DVD opened up with previews for "Space Camp." This is the story of a family of Indian Jones types who hunt artifacts from fairy tales, legends, and history. In this story they introduce the characters as they search for the shards to the broken mirror from "Snow White." The film had promise in the beginning with exotic scenery, but then quickly switches to exotic places like Boston. The plot was a bit confusing as the shards were hidden so they couldn't be found, so they go find them before the bad guys can find them...making it easier for the "Krugen."

There is one scene where we see a bathtub Porsche filled with blue Walmart reusable bags which had me shaking my head. Does Walmart really need the product placement? The film was an "Eh-Okay" production, most likely a company composed of Amazon reviewers. Who gives themselves a title of mediocrity? Oh, they're Canadians. My bad.

I haven't figured out why no one used a real gun. They used single shot arrow-guns instead, which are bulkier. The acting was so-so. Alexa Vega, the eye candy wasn't convincing as the best lines were written for Tripp (Keenan Tracey) something parents name their kids when they conceive on acid.

Kids might like it. This is similar to "The Librarian" series which I thought was infinitely better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some rough edges, January 8, 2014
This review is from: The Hunters (Amazon Instant Video)
This movie was pretty good. My wife and I sat down to watch it as just a lets see how this is. We were pleasently surprised. The acting was pretty good. No one tried to do to much and over act they just seemed to be themselves which we thought worked. If your looking for lots of action your going to be disapointed there isn't a ton. The action is built to help build the suspense not bring it up. I would probably liken this to the National Tresure's but fairy stories.

Overall pretty good so long as your not expecting to much. If you keep your expectations modest you will definitly be pleasently surprised.

4.0 out of 5 stars some gaps in credibility but fun to watch, January 8, 2014
This review is from: The Hunters (Amazon Instant Video)
I liked Alexa in PRADA to NADA..the story is a touch weak and the Mom character is not very good.
The Percy Jackson series is better..however this movie is very family friendly..

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice movie, February 12, 2014
This review is from: The Hunters (Amazon Instant Video)
It's a good movie for young teenagers. My daughter (age 13) enjoyed it and would like to see a sequel.

3.0 out of 5 stars TV Movie, January 14, 2014
John "Hi!" (Atlanta, GA, United States) - See all my reviews
Movie made for TV budget, all in all they did a pretty good job with what they had. It's average.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, January 7, 2014
Kelly Leal (NORTH BAY VILLAGE, FL, US) - See all my reviews
Love it, good movie to watch with the family in a weekend, when is nothing to do... Thank you !

5.0 out of 5 stars good movie, December 21, 2013
I watched this family with my grandkids and found it to be good. I would recommend this for any family.

2.0 out of 5 stars Eye Problem, April 8, 2014
This review is from: The Hunters (Amazon Instant Video)
Formulaic, but well-done...charming youngsters save the town mall!...the hero sees things!...literally...& bad cops! Absolutely nothing new in the film, but the cast, who I've never seen before...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›