Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Hurt & The Healer
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 29, 2012
Just heard it yesterday or day before and had to come home to search the artist and song name. I had credit on Amazon and made it a priority to purchase. Mercy Me is just one of the best artists, plain and simple.
on March 26, 2012
Sometimes a song comes along and you can't get enough of it. It's the one you listen anxiously for on the radio and infects your thoughts during the day. The fat bass compels you to turn it up, the lyrics pull your soul up through your throat and make you long for the Wedding Feast.
on May 22, 2012
The Hurt & The Healer by MercyMe is a celebration of that moment when these two worlds collide... the deep need for healing and the God who provides it. Produced by Brown Bannister and Dan Muckula, The Hurt & The Healer features signature MercyMe anthems, engaging pop songs and worshipful and intimate moments. The title track radio single is sure to find it's place at the top of Christian radio to continue the band's uninterrupted string of number 1 hits. Lead singer Bart Millard, guitarists Mike Scheuchzer and Barry Graul, bassist Nathan Cochran, drummer Robby Shaffer, and keyboard player Jim Bryson have topped the charts for over ten years since they released their multiplatinum single "I Can Only Imagine," which is the most downloaded song in the history of Christian music.

The album kicks off with "You Know Better" with an upbeat musical style like openers "This Life" and "Goodbye Ordinary" from their last two albums. The message of the song sets the tone for the album with the confessional lyrics "I know You know better, so why don't I go wherever You say, come follow wherever You lead, so won't You help me?" The hook-filled songs are all prayers and conversations with God in the style of my favorite MercyMe songs, "You're To Blame" and "No More No Less" from Coming Up To Breathe (2006). "You Don't Care At All" takes it up a notch musically with a piano-rock beat and another confessional chorus, "All of my yesterdays, all of my past mistakes, You've thrown them all away, You don't care at all, You don't care at all, No matter what I do, or what I'm going through, has already died with You, You don't care at all." Amen to that! That type of biblical truth is woven into the thesis statement of the album, the surefire hit title track "The Hurt & The Healer." The last couple of albums have featured a Brit-rock musical style like The Beatles and electronic rock like Electric Light Orchestra and Maroon 5. Once again MercyMe has adapted and musically this album features gang vocals and an indie alternative rock musical style which reminds me of Arcade Fire and Muse. The chorus sums up our transformation as followers of Jesus: "I'm alive even though a part of me has died, You take this heart and breathe it back to life, I fall into Your arms open wide, when the hurt and The Healer collide." The song is catchy and expresses the prayerful yearnings of my heart.

Another standout moment is found in "You Are I Am" which declares "You're the One Messiah, You Are, I AM!" There's absolutely no doubt Who these songs are worshiping as there are no ambiguous lyrics or allegory, just straight-up sincere and prayer-filled lyrics. Just when I thought MercyMe couldn't get any better, the next song "Take The Time" rocks my world by featuring a duet with Bear Rinehart, the lead singer of my other favorite band, multiple Dove Award winning NEEDTOBREATHE. The song has a laid back Southern rock musical style like "Washed By The Water" both in music and message, including the signature rock guitar licks that can be heard from both of these incredible bands in concert. It is a match made in heaven for me and a can't miss song on the album. The album closes with more potential hit songs, "Don't Give Up On Me," "Best of Me" and gorgeous closing track "The First Time." I'm extremely moved by the passion behind the lyrics of all of these songs which speak of how the world says we are never good enough, yet Christ saw something beautiful in us worth dying for--a cohesive theme of every song ever recorded by this incredible band. If you've always been a fan of MercyMe or you're just discovering them, this is a band that you can proudly share with your friends and family. MercyMe never fails to deliver an album proclaiming their faithfulness and adoration of our King and Savior Jesus. Amen.

CLOSING THOUGHTS (Staff Review, NewReleaseTuesday.com)
I've been immensely blessed by MercyMe for over ten years. In my opinion each album has improved upon their previous excellent offering with All That Is Within Me (2007) and The Generous Mr. Lovewell (2010) firmly establishing MercyMe as the premier band in all of Christian music with No. 1 hits "God With Us," "You Reign," "Finally Home," "All of Creation," "Beautiful" and "Move." My favorite aspect of savoring the next "best" MercyMe album is listening for their signature harmonies, songs with challenging biblical truth wrapped around hooky melodies, and hearing them set new musical trends in Contemporary Christian Music. The Hurt & The Healer (2012) knocks it out of the park with an indie alternative rock musical style like GRAMMY winning bands Arcade Fire and Muse and at least three more No. 1 hits, "You Don't Care At All," "The Hurt & The Healer," "Don't Give Up On Me" and gorgeous closing track "The First Time." The Hurt & The Healer by MercyMe has been my most anticipated album of 2012, and I'm pleased to say it exceeds my expectations as I could not "imagine" they could outdo themselves. This incredible band has once again released their newest best album. It has a very warm musical style that will immediately soothe your soul and cause you to worship and sing along with these ultra-talented musicians. The album has a comforting and cohesive theme as each song threads the message of "when the hurt and the Healer collide." Don't miss out on the compelling sonic musical feel of this stellar five star album. Bart Millard's vocals are stronger than ever and the encouraging and prayerful themes of this album are catchy, emotional and inspirational. I fully expect several GMA Dove Award nominations for group, pop/contemporary album/song and one of my selections for Song of the Year, "The Hurt & The Healer."
on August 10, 2013
Andrew and Bart have so beautifully expressed God's amazing love and acceptance of us in Christ! I've never so clearly understood how His grace could be the answer to present day hurts, anxieties, and lonelines til now!!! What a blessing! I strongly encourage everyone who is still looking for comfort from worldly pains to dive into this beautiful, affirming message and accept all that God offers us!
on August 1, 2013
Two of the songs on this cd are my favorites..."The Hurt and the Healer" and "You are I Am". Both songs are great praise songs and both are played on our local radio. The rest of this cd is good, if not spectacular. But there are songs on here that will appeal to both young and older (like me) Christians. Mercy Me is one of the top bands in Christian music today and I hope they have many more CD's on the way.
on August 6, 2013
I enjoy listening to this CD over and over on my way to work, to assist those who suffer from addiction. It helps keep me in a place of positivity, and reminds me I will never be in a place to judge another for their choices...and that Love From Above helps us all make our way through the world. Great music, great message.
on May 27, 2012
I have been a huge MercyMe fan for years now and this album doesn't disappoint. What I love about MercyMe is they consistently tweak their style yet remain true to their fan base. The Hurt and The Healer sounds sometimes sounds bluesy and soulful with a hint today's indie rock scene. I only have one complaint about this album - it's length - only 10 tracks at about an average of 3.5 minutes. It's short compared to other most of their other albums. The content is great though, so it comes out in the wash!
on August 13, 2013
Last year, Bart tweeted about the life-changing writings of Dr. Andrew Farley. Months later I was at a MercyMe concert with my family and I could tell by Bart's presentation of the gospel how sincere that tweet really was. I've read all of Andrew's books, and now to have one co-written by a great singer\musician paired with a great author\pastor\professor like Andrew....wow! I'm rejoicing that the gospel of grace is going to get into the hands of untold thousands of concert-goers and believers everywhere. As a pastor, I cannot recommend this book highly enough. It will help you discover the absolute sufficiency of what Jesus alone has accomplished for you. If you're disillusioned by the man-made oppression of religion, read this book to discover the true and liberating gospel of Jesus. Even if you've been a believer for years, you owe it to yourself to read this book!

- Jeremy White, pastor and author of THE GOSPEL UNCUT: LEARNING TO REST IN THE GRACE OF GOD
on September 7, 2013
I have read all of Andrew Farley's books and loved each one. He has made me understand the Bible in a way that I could not before reading his books. I have long thought that most churches spend too much time pointing out various sins people are guilty of and too little time discussing the love of God as expressed through the death of Jesus. Andrew has made me feel so much better about my salvation, and because of God's forgiveness I have found it easier to forgive others. I am eagerly awaiting his next book.
on February 16, 2013
If you know a Christian that has been going through a hard time (or for your happy self) this CD would make a nice gift. The best song on the CD (there are no bad songs) is the name sake the Hurt and the Healer