4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, but could include more.
Published on February 24, 2003 by T. Lawrence

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite amusing
Published on July 10, 2006 by Roslyn Carrington

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, but could include more., February 24, 2003
T. Lawrence "Bry's mom" (Saratoga Springs, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Inappropriate Baby Book: Gross and Embarrassing Memories from Baby's First Year (Hardcover)
While this book is indeed cute and comical, I was a little suprised at how small it is. I thought it would be much larger and with many more pages.The book itself is only 7 1/4"x7 1/4"x 1/4". Inside the book has only 26 different things to write about or record, one of which is an envelope to hold something inapproriate. The book covers moms body when pregnant, labor, nicknames, 1st poop, belly button stump, 1st rectal thermometer, mucus, spit up, 1st person peed on, breastfeeding, breast leakage, 1st diaper changing, 1st solid food, 1st solid food poop, inappropriate things in mouth, 1st indigestible things in diaper, embarrasing outfits, 1st pooping/peeing in bathtub, farting in public, smearing, naked in public places, items in nose, habits, and 1st inappropriate word. While I feel the book could include more, I still think it's a great and original shower gift.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite amusing, July 10, 2006
This one was a far cry from the usually stuffy baby books that ignore the fact that babies may be cute, but they're also stinky. I'm not sure my daughter will be entertained about the details I went into about why we called her "Chemical Megan" when she was just a month or two old, but I guess she'll forgive me. Good for a laugh. Pull it out when you find you're taking this whole motherhood thing a tad too seriously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully silly, May 24, 2006
I came across this little book in a book store and had to have it. I've ordered several copies to give to pregnant friends since then. Now that I'm expecting my own little one, I look forward to keeping track of all the "inappropriate" things that happen as well as the usual "first word" type items in a regular baby book. As another reviewer said, which stories do you tell more - the sweet "first steps" stories or the "first indigestable thing found in the diaper" type stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta have this!, April 27, 2004
B. Kypreos (East Greenville, PA) - See all my reviews
This book is so much fun! I found it by accident when I was looking for a regular baby book and so glad I got it. We have been having a great time filling it in. When all the inevitable gross or embarrassing things happen to us, my husband and I can't help ourselves, laughing hysterically we say there's one for The Inappropriate Baby Book! It helps break the tension of having a newborn and definitely keeps you smiling. Everyone I have shown this to thinks it's fabulous! I would definitely buy this again for another child or as a baby shower gift. The only thing I can say that is remotely bad about it is that it is rather small & short (only a couple of pages) but then again let's face it those thick baby books never get all filled in anyway - who has the time! This is one book that will be treasured and years later when looking back at this book you'll still be laughing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughing my head off, February 5, 2004
I first saw this in a bookstore, and the title made me curious. I ended up standing in the corner there laughing like an idiot. Then, I bought it for a friend who had a baby last May. It is a great "counterweight" to those cutesie baby books that they probably get from friends and relatives anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is what a baby book should be!, September 5, 2002
By A Customer
I have purchased this book for several pregnant friends and relatives who are not due for months! Finally, a real-life way to commemorate the first year of a child's life. This book has adorable, quirky illustrations and is lovingly written to give parents a chuckle every time they record a new memory. It's even a perfect gift for parents who have already received a traditional baby book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing times... Unforgettable moments..., September 5, 2002
By A Customer
As a brand new parents, we were delighted to receive this book as a gift. It is the perfect place to record those unforgettable moments, such as our daughter's very first explosive poop. We were so amazed at how much poop exploded out of that tiny little bottom that we snapped a picture and proudly mounted it in the Innappropriate Baby Book. We've also kept her shriveled-up umbilical cord stump for the envelope in the back of the book. This is a great gift for new parents - it shows them how to not take things quite so seriously during those first few sleepless months.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Inappropriate Baby Book: Gross and Embarrassing Memories, December 3, 2003
By A Customer
I own two copies of this book (one for each child) and I LOVE it! I've given it many times over as a gift (perfect for second child or person who has everything) and the parents, as well as anyone else I've ever shown it to, always enjoy it. In fact 99% of them say something like 'this is great, I have to get one for such and such'.
Although some of the subject matter may be about gross events the drawings are anything but. They are made with a sense of humor and are tasteful as well as cute. In fact if the images were available for thank you cards, announcements, gift tags and children's clothes I am sure they would sell. Ms. Stinson not only has a sense of humor but is talented.
Truly you do brag about your child's first steps and words but over the years of their life what do you re-tell more? The fisrt step/word or getting candy some how stuck up their nose and spending 2 hours in the ER?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Shower Gift for New Mom, March 23, 2006
Dianna (Florence, OR) - See all my reviews
Funny book of all those baby's firsts that we don't usually write down. Made a great shower gift for a new mom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tell your friends!, September 13, 2002
Sheila (Tucson, Arizona) - See all my reviews
This baby book is hilarious, I have never seen anything like it! I just wish that more people knew about this one-of-a-kind way to record moments in baby history! I told my friends and collegues about this book and they were so impressed by it, many of them went home and purchased one for themselves, sometimes even if they didnt have a baby! Any person who gets this book will be very pleased with thier purchase. Even if they dont have any babies, the sheer novelty of this book is enough to spark some interesting conversation as a coffee table book!

The Inappropriate Baby Book:  Gross and Embarrassing Memories from Baby's First Year
$12.99 $9.28
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies