Customer Video Review     Length:: 9:08 Mins
In this review, I go over the following items:

+ Pros:

+ A space saver's dream, with cool box art.
+ Lots and lots of extra features.

- Cons:

- The individual box sets were recycled.
- Some extra features are repeated, or skipped entirely.

Enjoy!
Published on September 10, 2011 by The Matrix Fan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
I missed this series since i used to watch it as a kid growing up. so when i came across this collection i thought i should scoop it up. It's only flaw is that it doesnt include the three movies that continued the series after the show was done.
Published on March 18, 2011 by Ash Knight

4.0 out of 5 stars It's great to have all the episodes, but a few things are missing..., September 10, 2011
Length:: 9:08 Mins

In this review, I go over the following items:

+ Pros:

+ A space saver's dream, with cool box art.
+ Lots and lots of extra features.

- Cons:

- The individual box sets were recycled.
- Some extra features are repeated, or skipped entirely.

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is unbelievable and probably one of the best "gifts" I ever bought, seriously...., January 21, 2010
This review is from: The Incredible Hulk: The Complete Series (DVD)
My 6 year old son had been talking about the Hulk for several months, he plays with Hulk games as well as the on-line game. I remember telling him about the television show and how I used to watch this show every week when I was growing up.

Well a few days before Christmas this year I decided to search for the Hulk television show in the hopes that I might be able to buy the entire series. I had no idea if it was even available and it was. When I factor in the hours and hours of entertainment that this gift has brought this is an amazing deal. I figured if my son, wife and 4 year old daughter didn't watch it, I would. Well as soon as the Hulk arrived and I put on the first episode EVERYONE was glued to the tv. My wife, who never saw the original tv show and a person I did not think would be into this said, "I love it, this is really a very well done show".

We are taking our time watching the series and watch about 3 episodes a week. We are now up to the end of season two. I have no idea what I am going to do when this is over. Ahead of the series being over I think I am going to buy the 3 Hulk movies that Bill Bixby did. A great gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars great content, packaging could be better designed, October 23, 2008
This review is from: The Incredible Hulk: The Complete Series (DVD)
I just received The Incredible Hulk: The Complete Series. I watched the pilot so far, and the video looks great considering how long ago the show was on television. It looks just about as good as you can get TV content to look on DVD. The DVD menus are well done.

With regard to the content of the series, I assume most are buying the whole series because they are fans of the series.

For those who aren't fans (plot spoiler of the pilot here, though), but are of the movies, the show was and is now on DVD a much deeper story than any TV or big screen adaptation of the comic character The HULK. You have a story starting with Banner having a dream which shifts to a nightmare. First, he is having a dream of good times with the love of his life, but it turns to a nightmare when it shows the car accident that actually happened. He is only injured slightly, but his love if trapped in the car and David makes desperate attempts to get her out. From there, after he wakes from the nightmare, we go to a story of him feeling inadequate because he could not save his loved one but so many others have through a hidden strength. After some dangerous experimentation (not very scientific at all) to alleviate his perceived inadequacies, he goes through one of those end of work day evenings that have angered us all. Nothing's working right, it's pouring outside and he gets soaked, car has trouble starting, gets a flat tire, and his anger just keeps steeping, which I think many have had days like this and have eventually taken our anger out on something in some small way. However, while changing his tire, he injures himself, the pot runneth over and he hulks out, and really takes his anger out on his car. Later on the Hulk seems to kill David Banner, and then Banner is on the run after that, hitchhiking around, working odd jobs under various aliases (some of the last names repeated through the series, it seems), while trying to find a cure for his new ailment of severe rage. And all the time being pursued by a reporter who basically caused Banner's supposed death by way of extreme nosiness, in the first place. (He knocked over the chemical that caused a fire that destroys the lab, because after snooping around the lab he hides in the chemical closet. He was breaking and entering, so he is really the criminal and could be considered responsible for Elena's death, not the HULK.)

The packaging design consists of a large rectangular box with a lift-off lid, with all the DVDs in individual slim DVD cases, stacked in two stacks next to each other, whch makes for a wide rectangular box, and not something that easily files in with the rest of one's DVD collection. The graphic on the lid is a four image transition of Banner to the HULK with eack image in one of the letters. What you probably cannot see in the pictures on Amazon is that each letter has a clear plastic bubble bulging out of the letter cutout, and the plastic is see-through. Kind of an interesting design, but I guess I would have liked to see it be a bright green see-through plastic, maybe with a gradiated effect, from left to right almost no green to more green in front of the HULK images. Note: If removing the cellophane shrink-wrap with a sharp object, cut around the edge of the box, and not the top. My guess would be that the bubble lettering plastic can probably be pierced if you try to open the package there. Just a tip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic TV at it's best!, April 4, 2009
This review is from: The Incredible Hulk: The Complete Series (DVD)
I love classic TV shows, and I have such nostalgic memories of this growing up watching this show on TV. I look back on it now and I think the series itself holds up really well by todays standards.

Respects to the late Bill Bixby. You are missed, RIP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bill Bixby was more Incredible than the Hulk - Still holds up, May 14, 2012
This review is from: The Incredible Hulk: The Complete Series (DVD)
I grew up watching this show and it still holds up today. As an adult I have gone back and watched things I loved when I was younger and been dissappointed, not with The Incredible Hulk. The image of David Banner walking down the road at the end of the episode with his backpack on and his thumb out... still gets me every time. The guy just wants to keep to himself and wash some dishes, or be a janitor, or whatever... and somebody always has to mess with him and ruin it! This set is amazing and I can't believe how inexpensive it is. All 5 seasons and it even has some nice extras. Plus the package and case are well put together. I think you should just buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, August 11, 2013
Dee Jay J.J. (East Orange, NJ, U S A) - See all my reviews
I own the complete series of The Incredible Hulk.

Let me tell you, it is the greatest piece of television series that I've seen! Every episode is seen in its entirety. The videos are in great shape!

The producer, Ken Johnson is brilliant. He put together a wonderful series that will last lifetimes! Bill Bixby, Lou Ferrigno, and the many many guest stars on the shows make it a wonderful series to watch!

I watched each and every episode and even had conferences with Kenny!!
The Bonus Material on the dvds are simply beautiful!

This is a treasure that anyone would love to own-especially ME !!!

j.j.
east orange, nj, usa.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trip down memory lane, June 23, 2009
This review is from: The Incredible Hulk: The Complete Series (DVD)
This really brings back the memories of watching this show with my friends and how "cool" the hulk was. We would wait for the scenes where David Banner would get into trouble and were so anxious to finally see his eyes turn and know the hulk was coming. I've only ever seen the shows on tv until now and the dvd quality is the best I have seen for this show. I now watch these with my sons, and they feel the way I did when I was their age.

4.0 out of 5 stars THE INCREDIBLE BOX SET, April 8, 2011
The Incredible Hulk: The Complete Series

First off, it's truly "incredible" to finally have this classic series in a full box set. This series is what made the Marvel Comics character a household name. It was also the star-making series for Bill Bixby, gaining him far more recognition from the public than any of his other series, combined.

Great packaging, and the slim DVDs are nice. The remastering of the 70s show is just spot-on.

For the entire series, we have only two complaints.

1) This box set does not feature the lenticular covers that the individual season box sets feature. This is a disappointment for those who waited to buy the complete box set. Those who waited did NOT get anything extra there for our patience. This is especially problematic and disappointing for those who bought this set early on at full price. As of this writing, the lowest price is $30, which is a VERY nice price for a new set. Despite the nicer price tag for those who wait, the lack of the lenticular art is still a disappointment. Yes, it costs a little more for the special disc cases, but it's something that should be considered for those fans who (like us!) were looking forward to them.

2) Selection of commentary. If you bought the "Pilot"/Married" disc with commentary, you will have already heard producer Kenneth Johnson's commentary. So that is a disappointment there. There are other discs with the same commentary, so why plug "commentary" on those particular episodes if there are ones with the same commentary elsewhere? It's quite frustrating. Speaking of frustrating, Kenneth Johnson makes repeated references to how much more effective the shots could have been had the "morphing" technology existed then, noting the "Wolf Man" style shots of the metamorphosis (as in, take a shot, cut, add more make-up, cut, et al). Our opinion is that it is for that entire reason that the show is so memorable and quaint. Yeah, there are lots of things that could be done different 30 years later, but the series would not be the same had it been done in 2000, as opposed to 1970.

Also, as a special feature, they "re-run" the episodes, "Stop The Presses" and "Homecoming", which, while interesting episodes, what is the point of putting an episode as a special feature on a DVD box set, where you'll see it anyway?

Back to commentary. Prometheus is a GREAT episode to put additional commentary on. The challenge of cutting back and forth from Bill Bixby to Ric Drasin and having to wear the "white eyes" contact lenses for most of the two-parter was terrific. However, we would have liked to see commentary on "The First", discussing Harry Townes (Del Frye) and Dick Durock (Frye's Creature), and how they reacted to the contact lenses and the makeup and such, especially Townes, who was a frequent guest star on 60s television, and has a very distinctive voice. We're sure fans would have loved to hear the genesis of such an episode. Especially since this episode was included on the "Ultimate Television Series Collection" 6-disc box set.

Aside from those two (admittedly minor) gripes, this is a superb box set and definitely worth it! If you don't buy this box set, you will make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money !, March 15, 2010
This review is from: The Incredible Hulk: The Complete Series (DVD)
I purchased this boxed set and am very happy with it. I watched this show as a child and have caught episodes here and there on t.v. over the years,but it is so great to have this series in it's entirety.
So interesting to follow "David Banner" in his travels,the places he goes,the people and situations he encounters. I think I've always had a secret wish to just throw a few things in a travel bag and be a free spirit like his character. Maybe that's why the show always appealed to me.Not practical or safe,but I can live it through this great t.v. series. The character of "David" is very likeable,just a nice guy who struggles with his whole "Hulk" thing,tragedies,heartbreak,loneliness in his life,but still manages to help others,save lives and be a good ,unselfish person. I loved Bill Bixby in this part,he was just wonderful,very convincing.
Anyhow,although the set was a bit of an investment,I feel it was worth the money.Complete set,fond memories,nice packaging,great Amazon service.I highly recommend this product !

5.0 out of 5 stars review of a great series - The Incredible Hulk, August 12, 2013
andy randall (Rock Springs, Wyoming) - See all my reviews
I own the whole series, both per season, and the unopened box set. It was money well spent. I grew up with the series and never get tired of watching it. The bonus material alone is great too watch. The only thing that is notably absent are interviews with the surviving cast members. Bixby passed away in the early 90s. But I think Jack Colvin was still around when the series was first released on dvd. And it was Ferrigno's first role, maybe he could of done an audio commentary with Kenneth Johnson on the original pilot, Promethious, and his first speaking role on King of the Beach. Maybe on blu-ray, someday. Lol

The Incredible Hulk: The Complete Series
The Incredible Hulk: The Complete Series by Bill Bixby (DVD - 2008)
$119.98 $85.99