5.0 out of 5 stars I guess "Incredible" is a higher label than "Amazing"
Before I go on, I would like to say that this review is for the Playstation TWO - and it is still awesome!

It has what I and many people want in a videogame...a combination of Rampage, the recent Spider-man games, GTA (but better than GTA), and the Hulk. And that's pretty much all I want. And it delivered.

At first, I was hesistent to pick up this...
Published on June 9, 2008 by nir085

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on June 16, 2008 by N. Durham

5.0 out of 5 stars I guess "Incredible" is a higher label than "Amazing", June 9, 2008
This review is from: The Incredible Hulk - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)

At first, I was hesistent to pick up this title because it's for an old-gen system, but the graphics are still solid and you don't really care about the graphics anyways once you start having fun as the Hulk.
A small disparity in graphics and one or two less skins/characters make this is much more worthwhile purchase than the PS3/XBOX360 versions, considering that they are like $30 more.

I wasn't even a Hulk fan before this game (I mean, a character like this....why would I want to READ about it, you know?), but this game has made me a believer and has made plenty references to the comics (I know the references from the several other Marvel comics I've read).

Like I said earlier, this game is sort of in the format of the recent Spider-man (movie) games, so if you liked them, you'll probably like this one.

Of course this game is WAY better than the Spider-man movie games, which is saying a lot because those games were solid. First of, the difficulty levels aren't as ridiculous (in the challenges). Fun is emphasized with the extra content, not impossible difficulty levels. You can choose the order in which you want to play the various stories. Not only can you cover a lot of territory, low and high, like Spider-man can, you can destroy it all! And Spider-man is so "puny" compared to the Hulk: I don't think I can go back to getting hurt by street punks (like I did in the Spider-man games), after jumping everywhere smashing robots and army groups in this game. The tokens are a lot easier to collect, meaning it seems possible that a person can actually be able to eventually get all these, without a strategy guide.

I haven't played Ultimate Destruction, but I am definitely planning on doing so after playing this.

So glad I bought this instead of renting it. I wouldn't have had time to do all of the cool stuff the Hulk can do in a couple of days.

Other reasons I love this game:
-It's a movie tie-in game - and it actually means something!
-It is a good introduction to the Hulk character (well, not exactly as far as origin goes, but in general)
-No one can claim that this game is ridiculously hard at any time once you're in the Hulk mentality
-It has plenty of references to not just the Hulk, but other Marvel comics
-There are some funny moments with the Hulk, cinematics wise
-The moves are super cool
-There are punks in everyone of these sort of games (GTA, Spider-man) that just lurk around every street corner waiting for you, at least when your threat level goes up, but in this one, you actually have interesting people to fight - not cops or street scum
-The unlockables are nice
-Good controls

The future Spider-man game makers have their work cut out for them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, June 16, 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Incredible Hulk - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
A few years ago, a little game called Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was released, and was a surprisingly great take on the Marvel character with free-roaming and destructive environments, plus the overall feeling gameplay-wise that you really were the Hulk. This new movie tie-in Incredible Hulk game from Sega seems to want to follow in the same footsteps, but alas, it is a disappointing, and quite frankly boring, next-gen smash-a-thon. Smashing up a pretty looking New York City is as fun as one would hope, and is by far the best aspect of the game to be sure. After that though, things begin to go downhill in terms of gameplay and overall presentation. Once you get bored with just causing destruction, the gameplay elements at their core just aren't that varied, and the boss fights are underwhelming as well. Graphically, the game looks halfway decent for a PS2 game (bot not as good as Ultimate Destruction did), but there are noticeable graphical glitches and occasional bugs that hamper the experience. Oddly enough as well, just like with the Iron Man game that was recently released, the game's cut-scenes are just plain bad. The good points of the game once again involve laying waste to the environment, and the film's star's, including Edward Norton, lend their voices as well. Considering how enjoyable Ultimate Destruction was and still is, it's disappointing how Incredible Hulk ends up faring. It's worth a look for Hulk fans, but in the end, you're better off sticking with an old copy of Ultimate Destruction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!, July 17, 2008
This review is from: The Incredible Hulk - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
I haven't personally played this game, but I bought it for my husband. He has a ton of playstation games but rarely finds time to play any of them. I remember the first PS2 Hulk game that came out a few years ago was a big hit with him, so I decided to take a chance on this one too. He LOVES it! I swear I didn't see the whites of his eyes for about 2 weeks straight because he was so addicted to the game and having so much fun playing it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game For Hulk Fans, June 21, 2008
This review is from: The Incredible Hulk - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
I'd rate this game a four since it is slow at the beginning, but gets better and gets more in depth levels the further the game goes. If you like Ultimate Destruction, you should like this game. It is very fun jumping from building to building and causing havok along the way. Overall, just a fun game with really good graphics for the PS2

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Game with Glitches, October 12, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Incredible Hulk - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
The Incredible Hulk was given to me as a gift a few years back. There is plenty of action as you play the role of Hulk, the game would be perfect if it wasn't for the several glitches that causes the game to freeze up.

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, June 28, 2014
This review is from: The Incredible Hulk - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
I love this game. I mean, who wouldn't want to go around as the hulk jumping high and smashing everything in your psth?! Hulk Smaaaaassssshhh!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's No Ultimate Destruction But Still Enjoyable, May 29, 2014
This review is from: The Incredible Hulk - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
If you played the game The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (2005?) then you'll be very familiar with the mechanics and basic gameplay. Ultimate Destruction (UD) had more cartoony graphics, but it allowed for more people, cars, etc. in the environment. The Incredible Hulk (2008) is a movie tie-in (and shockingly good considering that fact) that goes with a more realistic texturing. If I'm being honest, the cartoon graphics were superior in my opinion given the limitations on the PS2 hardware make things a little pixelated. If you've seen the movie tie-in to Transformers 1, then you get the general idea.

So really, it's very hard to review this one without comparisons to UD sticking in my mind. Like jumps being more "floaty" or now being able to heal at will w/out finding power-ups making the game relatively easier. It's also a heck of a lot easier to take down a building. Another cool thing, when you're scaling a building instead of just climbing up you sort of grab a hand hold, toss yourself up, and then grab with the other hand. It's pretty "realistic" to how Hulk would actually go up. A word of warning though, hulks controls can be pretty sloppy. You'll likely die at least a few times when he refuses to perform a healing move.

For game play, you have a wide open city to explore, which is a bit more interesting than it sounds. You can smash stuff, but after a while that loses it's luster. It's fun to terrorize people and bring down buildings, but 20 buildings in...a little less. The actual missions have you attacking, defending, etc. and will probably take you significantly under 10 hours to complete. It's got some replay value just to go through again and do better, but you may want to play another few games in between.

So final verdict, the game is fun and it's worth finding a good copy for your collection, but if I had to pick between the two at a similar price, I'd still have to go with UD since it had a little bit more humor and was just a bit more fun to me. Still, surprisingly great game for a movie tie-in and worth a buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars HULK SMASHES AGAIN!, April 29, 2014
This review is from: The Incredible Hulk - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
This game rocks! It has a lot of similar thing to do like in Ultimate Destruction But in this version you can Destroy every building including NYC most cherished landmarks! Play a lot like Spiderman 2 but you can destroy so much more!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Incredible Hulk- PS2, January 11, 2014
This review is from: The Incredible Hulk - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
I bought this for my 4 year old Grandson. Although he loves it, he's still a bit too young for it. It's hard for him but he still loves it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Trini, May 19, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Incredible Hulk - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
A good purchase, I have no regrets and my kids love it, as a matter of fact, my daughter who is just 2 years even love it and she is a little coward...lol.

The Incredible Hulk - PlayStation 2
The Incredible Hulk - PlayStation 2 by Sega Of America, Inc. (PlayStation2)
$33.98