Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 28, 2003
I can't say enough about how much I love this book. It has been for me, a reference book as I read Goldsmith's other books. I suggest reading this book first then moving on to other books by him. This book is one of those books you want to own so you can refer back to it often to remind yourself of THE TRUTH. It has helped me remember many times.
on December 21, 2002
The Infinite Way is the center of Joel Goldsmith's teachings, so this is the best place to start reading his work. He takes a no nonsense approach to spirituality, writing in clear, modern language that anyone can understand. Those who have a background in metaphysical practices, such as Christian Science, will find much that is familiar, along with new challenges and opportunities for spiritual growth. Those coming from a more traditional religious background may find his uncluttered approach to God refreshing.
on December 7, 2005
The following is a review of THE INFINITE WAY for A COURSE IN MIRACLES students. If you are not then it may not be helpful.

I consider A COURSE IN MIRACLES to be a continuation of Joel S Goldsmith's THE
INFINITE WAY (I am using this as a term for his entire teaching, not just this book). Joel died just months before Helen Schucman began scribing ACIM. I like to think of Joel helping out in some way with A COURSE IN MIRACLES on the other side of the veil. In ACIM, the principles of the Infinite Way are further developed and given depth and sophistication. Of course, this is all my humble opinion.

That said, I got this off of facim.org:

"Q #783: I notice many similarities between A Course in Miracles and The Infinite Way teachings of Joel S. Goldsmith. Would you please comment on this?

A: Because all authentic spiritual teachings are leading in the same direction -- towards an experience of oneness which transcends the false self, the finite ego -- it is very likely that similarities and parallels in content can often be identified between paths. Certainly that can be said for the teachings of Joel S. Goldsmith and A Course in Miracles . Both, for example speak of our real existence as spirit, that the material world is an illusion and the body is merely an idea that expresses what is in the mind, that error or sickness is in the mind and not in the body, and that healing is the result of correcting a false belief in the mind.

And yet there are differences. For example, Joel Goldsmith speaks of God as Consciousness expressing itself. The Course, in contrast, speaks of consciousness as "the first split introduced into the mind after the separation" (T.3.IV.2:1) . The Holy Spirit, the Voice for God in the dream according to the Course, is more nearly equivalent to the concept of Consciousness that Goldsmith refers to in his teachings. In addition, Goldsmith speaks of God as the life, mind, body, and substance of individual being, and of the body as existing as the idea of God. And therefore, we will never be without conscious awareness of the body, nor without the body. The Course, in contrast, views the body as the embodiment of the ego's wish that the separation be real (W.pI.72.2:1,2,3) , and teaches that the body nevertheless can be give a different purpose, that of healing and forgiveness, under the Holy Spirit's guidance. The body then will simply disappear from the mind once its usefulness to the Holy Spirit for healing is complete. And the emphasis of the Course, therefore, on looking at the ego and its thoughts of hatred and attack and guilt, is simply not reflected in Goldsmith's approach.

This is not to say that one is right and the other is wrong -- they are merely different. For as Jesus reminds us near the end of the Course, "A universal theology is impossible, but a universal experience is not only possible but necessary. It is this experience toward which the course is directed" (C.in.2:5,6) . To the extent that both teachings lead us to release all of our preconceptions about how things should be, what our physical and emotional lives should be like, and any effort to control the external to achieve our personal goals, they are both fostering a nonjudgmental acceptance, which is what the Course means by forgiveness. And so both would be leading us toward the same universal experience.

Although addressed to the issue of different teachings on the Course itself, Question #48 provides a helpful perspective on thinking about the relationship of the Course to other spiritual paths, such as Goldsmith's."

The Infinite Way does not have the psychological component of ACIM, yet what it does have is the love of a man whose very presence was a blessing upon this planet.

I came back to Joel's work after being diagnosed with a serious illness and cannot even begin to express in words the healing (that is a rising in consciouness) I am still experiencing, much less the deepening of my work with A Course in Miracles.
1010 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2005
The thing about Joel Goldsmith is that once you read one of his books you must read every one of his books. They're addictive in their wisdom. As former Editor of Science of Mind magazine and a spiritual counselor for many years, I've read every Goldsmith book (several times) and quoted them many times. I remember scouring the Bodhi Tree looking for his books years ago when some of them were out of print. Thankfully, all the books are available again. (There are also tapes of his early talks). I lean on the wisdom of The Infinite Way so often that I'd be lost without it. Joel Goldsmith was (and still is) a spiritual giant, always in integrity and prepared to teach us to live a thrilling spiritual life. You'll be so happy to discover this book. Elaine Maginn Sonne, Ph.D., author of 5 books including her latest 'Legends of the Stones'.
on July 23, 2010
This book, published in 1947, is generally regarded as the basic work presenting Goldsmith's spiritual system, The Infinite Way. I'm a great admirer of Goldsmith's other works, all the ones I've read so far, but I personally do not feel that this book has the same quality as his later works. I venture to say this though all the reviews of this book on the US Amazon site, at any rate, are rave reviews. I beg to differ.

One of the reasons for my lack of total appreciation for this book is that I like to have things spelt out for me. I don't comprehend vague, abstract sentences. In his later books I found Goldsmith's teachings crystal clear or practically so, though he does tend to contradict himself.

I particularly found the first chapters of the book IN PART unclear or difficult. This was frustrating, as I like to understand things clearly. If I hadn't previously read a few of his later works, I might not have appreciated this book at all.

All this said, I did find his good, basic teachings to be contained in the book, of course: 1) "There is but one Consciousness, God." "As a wave is one with the ocean, so you are one with God." 2) "Meditation is the door to the realm of the soul." 3) Meditation is prayer, and the true prayer is the "contemplation of God and God-activities." 4) "'What is God?' ---- 'I AM'". 5) There is no evil, so we should cease our resistence to the inharmony of human existence. 6) When faced with a problem seek the solution within. 7) "The peace within becomes the harmony without." - a lovely concept. 8) As regards "supply" - "the inner supply appears as the necessary outer things."

Chapter 10 summarizes the wisdom of the Infinite Way. This is a useful chapter, though it also contains unclear things. For example, he talks about "the dream" without defining what this is. I presume he means our earthly life that we regard as reality.

One statement I particularly appreciated was to the effect that if we consciously maintain our relationship with God, this will take care of everything else. (This is identical to the message of Esther & Jerry Hicks' Abraham - that the important thing is to maintain our connection with Source, in which case our lives will automatically run smoothly.)

If you already appreciate Goldsmith's works you'll want to read this one too, but if not, in direct opposition to all other reviewers,I would recommend that you begin with one of the later ones.
on April 24, 2001
i was very skeptical when i first picked up this book to read but i am very thankful that i did. this book has answered many of the questions i had concerning god and jesus the christ and religion. it puts spirituality in such a practical and easy to understand light that it now seems so simple to me. i really believe i was led to this book. i think any one who purchases it is divinely led to do so.
on December 17, 2001
My path led to the writings of Joel Goldsmith two years ago. Since then, I have read everything and anything I can find concerning his lectures and letters. His refreshing insights into Christianity and respect for all the great spiritual traditions have instilled in me a profound trust in ultimate Truth. I keep a copy of The Infinite Way, 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition, near at hand.
on July 30, 2004
A mystic of rare insight, Joel spent his life teaching people how to attain the spiritual level of consciousness. This title is the introduction to his works.
on October 25, 2003
Here again is author Joel Goldsmith, trying hard to show us just how easy it is to say "no" to the world and reality and all the sadness and to say "yes" to the one true reality we all struggle with. With a brilliant introduction by John van Druten, the way is paved for anyone who can open their minds to view The Infinite Way. A remarkable book that, if read carefully, may just be the answer you have been looking for
on March 19, 2014
I love the clarity and simplicity of Joel Goldsmith's writing. The message is one which is especially valid today with so many spiritual books making something so simple, so complicated. There is only now, and all that is, IS. He provides insightful steps to attaining peace within, and to connecting with the Supreme Divine, the power that resides in each of us, the power that connects us each and everyone to each other and to God. Highly recommended.