Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 3, 2008
When Jeezy first came out I could not stand him. I like old school (L.O.N.S., EMPD, PE) but I love fresh production. To me the this era's MCs are dead, recycled and washed up, but the production in this era is extremely good (some people have trouble analyzing both separately). For example, I love The Runners and their new sound . My love and appreciation for production has lead me to Jeezy.

My favorite hip hop magazine is "Scratch" which is hip hop for a producer perspective (it got discontinued in Oct of 06; very disappointed ), interviewed Jeezy specifically about this album and he said the following:

"You know how Jeru the Damaja's first album sounds like Brooklyn? How 8ball & MJG sound like Memphis?"

Well Jeezy has a distinct unique sound for ATL (I love 8ball & MJG and have the same respect for them as I am finding with Jeezy). That is what I like about this album, Jeezy is different; I don't love his message or care for the same topics but when he raps, he does it in his unique way which I gotta respect.

So I was kinda impressed because my standards were low. The good parts are that the production is kicking and Jeezy has a distinct sound. The lows are that he is very one dimensional.
on August 1, 2015
This CD was my introduction to Young Jeezy. Until this, my rap catalog was limited to 50 Cent, Dre, Snoop, Ice Cube, 2 Pac, and some radio friendly "TRL rappers" (as I call them) like Eminem and OutKast. Jeezy completely murdered my concept of rap (pun intended). This is my personal favorite Jeezy record, so my opinion of it is a bit biased, obviously. Regardless, this album is 100% a landmark modern hip-hop classic. So many great tracks. If I had to pick stand-out tracks to recommend to anyone who may not know any Jeezy songs would be "J.E.E.Z.Y." because it's a catchy, yet offensive song and I love that. I would also recommend "I Luv It," and "Go Getta." R. Kelly is featured on "Go Getta" which will make it accessible to a wider audience due to Kelly's signature sound and memorable hit songs. Don't think for a moment that this is any kind of pop-slop rap record because it's not. It just has great hooks that people can enjoy.
on January 29, 2007
Young Jeezy even proclaims not to be a rapper; yet, he is a motivational speaker. So, in this case, he is trying to speak to the youth of hip-hop culture that selling drugs and carrying guns is the cool thing to do. He should just consider himself a rapper; that way, when he's using grade-school rhyme patterns to get his message across, we can just call him a bad rapper instead of a bad role model.

Anyways, with that diatribe aside, this album is nothing new from Jeezy. We all saw it coming. He picks out some great beats, but cannot provide the great lyrics to go along with them. Therefore, an uneven album ensues. "I Luv It" was the first single and is a prime example. If this beat might have reached someone such as T.I. or maybe even a group like Clipse, this would've been a great song. However, it's Jeezy, so it's gonna be a letdown.

That's pretty much what this album is; a letdown. After guest spots on "Grew Up a Screw Up" with Ludacris and the posse cut remix "Top Back" with T.I. & B.G., i was expecting alot from Jeezy this time around. However, all i got were two tracks ("Go Getta" with R. Kelly & "3 A.M." with Timbaland) that are recommendable. The rest of the album is plagued with horrible lyrics over average-to-above average production. If you're looking for "inspiration," look away from this "trap-star."
on October 23, 2007
Now Jeezy was never a great rapper and his first album, Thug Motivation 101 showed that. When you listened past the kick a** production you would have found out that Jeezy would use the same word to make a rhyme throughout THE WHOLE ALBUM! On this album, he does less of that but for some peculiar reason the end result is 100x worse. The Good: I Luv It wasnt a bad first single and Go Getta(R Kelly) was a decent follow up single. 3AM with Timbaland is probably the best song on here plus that is the best beat that Timbaland has made in a long while. Mr 17.5 is okay but that is where it stops. The rest of this album is murder on the ears.
The Bad: Hypnotize was a horrible way to start off the album(plus why does he sound like he's saying hypmatize in the hook?)and that hook is suspect to say the least. Still On It, U Know What It Is are as horrible as Jeezy's rhymes were on those tracks. J.E.E.Z.Y. has the dumbest hook on the album("Jeezy likes to drink/Jeezy likes to smoke/Jeezy likes to mix arm and hammer with his coke/)plus the song its self is weak. He throws a weak jab at his corny archrival Gucci Womane on Streets On Lock and the track The Realest is laughable at best. The Ugly: Dreamin with Keyshia Cole is hands down the worst track on this album. Keyshia Cole's horrid singing+ Jeezy's weak rhymes+ corny beat= awful track. His wack homeboys USDA show on the horrible Keep It Gangsta. What You Talkin Bout is a certified snoozer and TI busts a rhyme that sounds like it was written by Jeezy on I Got Money. To make matters worse he closes off the album with a boring track called The Inspiration(Follow Me). Dishonorable Mention: Bury Me A G. Bottom Line: Young Jeezy's The Inspiration makes Thug Motivation look like Ready To Die. Jeezy rhymes got weaker than before, He sounds bored, the beats are horrendous and the guest appearances are just as weak. In short this album is one of 2006's worst releases period. Standout Tracks: I LUV IT, GO GETTA, 3.AM and MR 17.5.
on April 2, 2007
I love jeezy's swagg, delivery, & beats, but for some reason this album will become annoying after continuously listening to him rap. Maybe it's just me.
on October 8, 2011
After many listens to Jeezy's earlier and later albums, this collection of music still stands out. Jeezy himself may not be in top form, but this is clearly the best-produced album he's ever put out. The first 4 tracks on this album are just as good if not better than his better-known Timbaland-produced tracks (3 A.M.) and have certainly AGED better than those tunes.
on December 22, 2006
No one has to make room for this artist; he is `bogarting' his way to the lime light. People who say he's overrated most likely either can't relate to or don't understand his music. He proves that with this album. If you liked Thug Motivation, you'll love The Inspiration.

Why 4 instead of 5? The topics that are mentioned in this album aren't very broad, which might be somewhat of a turn-off to certain people. He does have different types of tracks, this album is very similar to Thug Motivation except for different production and different lyrics. As far as I'm concerned, he's killing the rap scene whether you like it or not. The Billboard Charts don't lie. Motivation, Inspiration... what's next?

---Pryncez
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2006
Before people jump on me about being a 'hater,' I'd like them to know that I enjoyed Jeezy's last album, Thug Motivation 101: Let's Get It. The beats on that album were hot, and Jeezy had enough charisma to carry the album through its long duration. I still believe Let's Get It is highly overrated, but it was a good release, nonetheless. However, if this release exceeds the amount of acclaim Let's Get It attained, or even gets equal praise, I'm going to question music critics' opinions, or lack there of, even further.

The Inspiration is not a good album. In fact, it's leaning towards the wack side of the scale; and I did WANT to like Jeezy's second commercial album, it's just that while he not only failed to meet his fans' expectations, he even failed to meet my severely low ones. The rhymes are dreadful; honestly, I think Mike Jones has spit more complicated rhymes than Jeezy in the past. Jeezy may claim that he's not a 'rapper,' and that he's a 'motivational speaker,' but the fact is, he's not even slightly inspiring, making this album's title purely hyperbolic.

I've listened to this album nearly a dozen times through, knowing that to fairly critic a product, you should be educated on it; as I continued listening to the Inspiration, the only thing I learned is my initial dissapointment was entirely appropriate. This album can hardly even constitute as average, and it's a shame; I can't even see die-hard Jeezy fans being pleased with such a lackluster release. The only reason I've given this two stars is because there are times where Jeezy's flow, and energy may capture your attention, but they're few and far between on this album.

I'm not giving up on Jeezy because of a weak effort - that'd be foolish, and ignorant. However, I will state that Let's Get It will continue being the only Jeezy album I have on rotation, because The Inspiration is just lacking far too much for repeated plays. If you're a Jeezy fan, it's worth checking out, but if not, stay far away, because this release will only have you coming out with a sour opinion of him. This is fans only, and even they won't be missing much if they skip on it.
on July 13, 2014
This was from awhile ago before Jeezy really went main stream. If you liked thug motivation 101, then you'll love this one. Oh and a little something else this is a must own if you have subs!!!
on February 23, 2007
I have to admit. I thought, Jeezy was a joke. A one and done rapper highlighted by a Jay track. Damn, I've never been more wrong. Jeezy blazes through tracks ad-libbing and leaving his brash ego on each line. His greatest flaw still remains with repetitive coke lines(I might be a bit to petty on this but I kid you not, EVERY SONG has a drug or trap reference), and an over use of punch lines. No song is going to put you into a deep thought, and no song will need to be broken down to get the message across. But what saves the album is his fantastic beat selection, which features R. Kelly, Timbaland, and Cannon to name a few. And for what Jeezy lacks in lyrical prowess, he more than makes up for it in savy, and the ability to conncet with the listener which makes one of the best southern records out.