5.0 out of 5 stars Still just as good as I remembered
Published on February 21, 2009 by Emily Adams

3.0 out of 5 stars Animorphs: The Invasion
Author: Katherine A. Applegate
Summary: Five kids are walking home from the mall one night when an alien spaceship comes down to them. In the spaceship is an alien called an Andantilite. The Andantilite comes down to the kids and tells them that another group of alien's had already invaded earth, the alien that had already invaded the earth, were small enough that...
Published on November 6, 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Still just as good as I remembered, February 21, 2009
I used to love this series when I was young. I'm now 21 and a few months ago I decided to reread them. I wasn't too sure how much I'd like them since they are "kids books," but boy, I was hooked. I read all 54, and the 10 or so extras in just a few months. These books are probably my favorite books of all time, and I've definately read my fair share of books from every age group and genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars I still remember four years ago...., July 8, 2000
Callie "chroi" (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
I still remember when I discovered this book four years ago. I was at the Scholastic Book Fair, looking for a book with excitement and adventure. My librarian recomended Animorphs, and I got everthing a person can possibly dream for. There is action and suspense. There are battles and fights. There is shock and emotion. There is the war between good and evil. Then, I was taken far into the air.... I was given the description of what it is like to be an animal. I felt the instinct, the emotion, the fear, the suspense. I was in a dream, a nightmare. The book was full of vivid descriptions, powerful emotions, and a thrill of adventure. It is everything you ever dreamed of. You'll love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Parents, read this review!, January 28, 1999
By A Customer
Series have a bad reputation for being junky books with formula plots, but Animorphs is probably the best series for your child (both girls and boys) to be interested in. (Avoid Goosebumps like the plague!) Series are good for reluctant readers because there's always another book to read next, and kids want to keep reading. This series, about a group of kids who can "morph" into animals and use this power to save the world from a secret alien invasion, will hold kids' attention and it may be enough to get them excited about reading for life. It's certainly better than playing Nintendo all day! I am 14 and I haven't read an entire Animorph book, but I've read enough parts to tell what they're like. My brother (age 10) and his friends love the series. There is also information about animals--how a hawk flies, what a lizard's eyesight is like, what it feels like to be that particular animal. So your child is learning something as well, probably without knowing it! There is exciting action and adventures too, but it's not excessively violent. There's lots of humor in it too. So, if your child is a reluctant reader, try Animorphs. Or if your child is already interested in the series, you have nothing to worry about. Another good series is Redwall, by Brian Jacques, though it is more violent. They're also good for a wider age group--I read them too, and even some adults I know enjoy them. PS. Check secondhand bookstores and libraries, as buying all the Animorph books new may get expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some people never change. Some do..., August 17, 2004
Jake, Rachel, Cassie, Tobias, and Marco were just average teenagers when they decided to take the shortcut home through the abandoned construction site. But in that construction site, they learned the secret from Elfangor, a dying Andalite. Things called Yeerks have the power to invade the bodies of anyone. The Yeerks plan to take over the world by doing this. And now, Elfangor has given the five kids the power to morph into any animal they want. Using this power, they can fight the Yeerks.

At first, the kids just want to believe that their experience was all a dream. But they realize that it's no dream when they try out their morphing powers. Things get even more scary when Jake discovers that his brother, Tom, has been invaded by a Yeerk. Now, it's up to them to destroy the Yeerks and save the world. They are the Animorphs.

THE INVASION is the first Animorphs book, and it is definitely an amazing way to start out the series. We learn about all the major characters and some of the species that most humans are unfamiliar with. And although this book appears to be for kids, it's pretty intense. I would recommend this book (and series) to anyone--especially people who love sci-fi.

5.0 out of 5 stars The YEERKS are here, November 12, 1999
By A Customer
This is a great book to start off this great series. The Invasion starts of the animorphs series and is one of the best. Jake, Rachel, Tobias, Cassie and Marco are normal kids heading for home. Then they decide to take a shortcut through the abandoned construction site. Suddenly, a space ship lands right in front of them. Out comes an injured andalite (which is an cross between a human, scorpion and a deer). He explains that the yeerks, a band of paristic aliens have come to Earth. They have turned some people into "controllers" by going inside their heads and enslaving them. The kids have to stop them. The andalite gives them the power to morph, which is the ability to turn into any animal they touch. Then a yeerk ship comes. Out pops Visser Three, the only yeerk able to control an andalite. He morphs into a horrible creature and EATS Elfangor (that's the andalite's name). The kids escape and think over these horrible events. Most of them are reluctant except for Tobias. But then they all fight together. It all ends in a fight on the yeerks' feeding ground. Find out what happens to Tobias who loses the battle in a way you can't imagine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoa, this author really knows how to write, July 17, 2008
Andrew Leventis (Lyndonville, VT USA) - See all my reviews
Ten years ago while these books were being written, I was focusing on reading horror novels like Stephen King's Desperation. I saw a few Animorphs books lying around one day and thought to myself "Oh, how cute. Someone at our high school reads children's books." Then last Saturday I had some time to kill and was in the library. I saw the books again and said "Eh, why not." My first reaction was: whoa, this author really knows how to write. This book doesnt have any of the boring scenes that too many adventure story authors don't know how to get rid of.

I realized I needed to go somewhere private to allow the visual imagery of the books to really come at me full-force. So I took out four books, went home, and read them in one sitting. I'm amazed. I've never experienced "can't put it down" before. I've been going back every day I have free time to read more of the books. And even when I'm out doing other things I keep replaying the scenes in my head. I wish I'd picked up these books ten years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - my son is hooked, January 3, 2013
My son really enjoys this series and he is flying through the books. He has read 1-5 over the last two days and is already begging for #6. I like that my son would rather read this book than play a video game.

4.0 out of 5 stars The first Animorphs, October 5, 2000
Cpaw (QLD, Australia) - See all my reviews
I'm back again, here to tell you about the first Animophs book. It's told by Jake, the leader of the Animorphs, and it tells how Jake and the others meet Elfongor, the andalite prince fatally injured in a battle between his species and the evil (mostly) parasitic yeerks, and get the morphing power. It is extreamly well-told, with good descriptions of the aleins and feelings and emotions explained well. Alot of the story takes place in the abandened construction site, whare the Animorphs first see the yeerks, including Visser Three who has an Andalite host body and watch as he brutally kills Elfongor. But they now have the morphing power, so the natural leader Jake, his feirce cousin Rachel, gentle Tobais, smart mouthed Marco and Animal lover Cassie start the battle to save the world, equiped with with the DNA of any mammal, bird, reptile or insect they touch. An exelent book to start off an exelent sereis.
PS For those of you who can't work out the naration order of Animorphs, book numbers ending in 1 or 6 are Jake books, 2 and 7 are Rachel books, 3 are Tobais books, 4 and 9 are Cassie books, 5 and 0 are Marco books and 8 are Ax books, although this order changes at book 46.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Epic Relaunch of an old favourite!!, October 26, 2012
Before I start I'm going to say this
- I've been a fan of this series for a while, so please put my review in that perspective even as you read it.

Animorphs, if you don't know already, is an epic tale about six kids who have to handle an entire interstellar war almost all alone.
If I were to use keywords to describe the series, these are the ones I would use first - War, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Aliens, Animals, Morphing.

The series is one of those that can be enjoyed by almost any age bracket, deals with moral issues both simple and very complex, and how relationships and wars affect people and change them for good and bad.
This particular book is the first, and describes how five of the main protagonists get pulled into a war bigger than they could have imagined.

Even in comparison with other books in the series, it stands out as one of the better ones. I highly recommend it if you're a Sci-Fi fan, a fantasy fan, animal-lover, and an action-oriented reader.

Hope this review helps someone.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good book, April 20, 2006
A Kid's Review
Animorphs #1 the Invasion is a really, really great book. Now i'm reading all of the other books in the series. I'm on the third book,"The Encounter". Or at least I think that is what it is called. I even watch the show. I read this book about a year or two ago. Anyway, if you don't own this book, buy it and read it. If you do have this book and you haven't read it yet, then what are you waiting for? Start reading it right now. This is in my top 5 favorite books.

The Invasion (Animorphs Book 1)
The Invasion (Animorphs Book 1) by Katherine A. Applegate (Paperback - May 1, 2011)
$6.99 $5.71