5.0 out of 5 stars good how to manual
Published on April 12, 2011 by kercl

2.0 out of 5 stars too much too short
They offer too much and fall short. Even the site proposed for help is not ready. I will like to get my money back
Published 6 months ago by Manuel

5.0 out of 5 stars good how to manual, April 12, 2011
This review is from: The Inventor's Bible, 3rd Edition: How to Market and License Your Brilliant Ideas (Inventor's Bible: How to Market & License Your Brilliant Ideas) (Paperback)
this is one of those rare books that not only delivers a good source of information but has an actual workbook included that provides the necessary step by step process of commercializing an idea or product. you literally read the book and follow the work book in order and there is little to overcome the obstacles of not knowing what to do and in what order to do them. it is very easy to spend too much cash and valuable time striking out in many directions trying to figure the best path to bring your product to commercial success and winding up feeling confused and frustrated.
the author is an inventor himself as well as a practicing licensing agent. he has been there and done that. he has more than 2 decades of real working knowledge of what it takes to get you and your invention to the decision makers who can make the deals really happen. the book has real life experiences ,both good and bad of what can happen in the world of marketing new products. there are surprising twists in some of these accounts that demonstrate how a sure deal can go south in the 11th hour and others that looked rather hopeless suddenly turned for the better. it goes to show that one never knows ,not even the author admits, of what can happen in the process of dealing with this kind of endeavor.
if you read the book and use the work book in back then there are no confusing moments of what to do with loads of useful information. this alone is what made this book stand out for me . i have read a few books on the subject and i have a few ideas i want to try out but i had never seen an actual step by step plan laid out so easily implemented. the book has tons of of solid up to date information and actual techniques to use so that you really feel empowered to move forwards.
i finished the book and did not hesitate to start following the work book steps. this is not an infomercial but you can actually
read the book and can practically use the workbook to start the process . you move thru the 1st couple of levels quickly and rather easily then you are left with the actual contact info of distributors and manufacturers who can make your product come to life. this is exciting and somewhat nerve racking but none the less this is where you want to be if you are serious about putting your product in front of the decision makers who count most. read this book if you are truly committed to make it happen!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed, October 11, 2012
Hello, I am an independent inventor/product developer, and I'm working on commercializing my first project. Besides getting a clear sense from the author that he is speaking from experience and that he genuinely understands the concerns of independent inventors, I HIGHLY recommend reading AND using The Inventor's Bible by Ronald Docie for the following reasons: 1) The text is straight-forward and full of useful content, with real-world advice on how to initiate contact with key industry people. This removes unecessary layers between the the inventor and the people that can bring the invention to market. 2) This book did more to focus my attention toward how to actually make money from my invention than three other books combined.* 3) The text is so methodically well-written, that it actually boosted my confidence to make the calls to key industry people myself! **(I had about five questions that I thought I should be asking contacts to research my market-the book gave me advice on how, what, and why to ask dozens more.) 4) By following the steps in the book and making these contacts myself, I'm saving valuable time and money, as I push through the commercialization process. 5) If you're writing a business plan, as I am, the info that you get from making these key contacts pretty much fills out your primary market research section. (This part alone can save you hundreds of dollars.)*** 6) There is a helpful 74-page workbook included, merging the text with an easy-to-follow plan to be filled in by the reader.

Good Luck to my fellow independent inventors/product developers, and Thank You to those who have helped me along the way!

* The following books may be helpful to some, as they get some high marks on this site. They are certainly not bad, but they did not impress me or help me nearly as much: How to License Your Million Dollar Idea by Reese; Cashing in on Your Inventions by Levy; Marketing Your Invention by Mosely. I mention this only as advice to help you budget your time and purchasing. In hindsight, if I only had time to read one book on this topic, The Inventor's Bible would be the way to go. So, if you've read any of those other books and still feel a bit lost, I suggest reading The Inventor's Bible as well.
** As I started down this path several months ago, I felt pretty lost, as I'm sure is common with many first-time independent inventors/product developers. Several people I've met and books I've read have been much-welcomed sources of direction and confidence. For me, this book is one of those sources.
*** Although the book leans more toward licensing as a means of commercialization, there is helpful advice included for those who are at least on the fence between building a business around their invention, or finding a licensee.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for Every inventor, January 25, 2013
Mohammad Bahareth (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia) - See all my reviews
Enlightening Veiw of Licensing , Step by Step Guide , And The Best Marketing Tips for your ideas & inventions .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, November 27, 2012
I recommend this book for anyone interested ib patenting a product. This book helped me through the Patent process for my Safety product SAFCORD....

5.0 out of 5 stars HOBBYE SHOPPE LLC, December 24, 2013
This book was a great benefit to me and my company. I received a patent for a Paper Towel Holder and I got lots of tips on how to manufacture and market this product. Go to [...] to see video. I do recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The inventor's Bible, March 21, 2014
The inventor's Bible was a very good book with a lot of useful information. it was delivered promptly and met all of my expectations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Marketing information helpful, February 20, 2014
A more concise edition would be appreciated with elimination of some rambling stories. A better quality of paper for print stock is definitely recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars too much too short, February 26, 2014

$24.99 $18.62
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies