5.0 out of 5 stars An Invitation I'm Glad I Accepted
Meredith Andrews has released her first major label recording. And it is absolutely wonderful. She has a background as a worship leader, and it shows. The tracks are heavily focused praising the Lord of what He has done for us. Yet they include a strong pop element making them catchier than some of the other worship oriented releases out there.

The first...
Published on November 24, 2008 by Mark Baker

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a hit out of the park but OK anyway
This is an Ok album. Not particularly special or moving about it. It's pretty laid back. The best song on it is "You're Not Alone" which I like very much.
Published 6 months ago by KC

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An Invitation I'm Glad I Accepted, November 24, 2008
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Invitation (Audio CD)

The first single has been a huge hit. "You're Not Alone" is an outstanding song of encouragement. It's a piano ballad with heavy strings. The verses describe her search for love while the chorus is God's response, reminding us that He is always near us. Meredith's voice rises over the instruments in an absolutely beautiful way. There's also an acoustic version (without the strings, basically) as a bonus track at the end.

But this disc is so much more than just that one hit song. The piano based pop starts from the first track, "You Invite Me In," about God's open invitation to us. The upbeat "Lift Up Your Head" is another song of praise to the God who mends and heals us without changing. "Show Me What it Means" is a song of dedication in response to all God has done for us. And "The River" is the other ballad, and is a beautiful invitation to come to the living water.

Most of the 10 songs here are mid tempo pop, but they sound different enough that are immediately memorable. The music never gets in the way of the lyrics, however. I find my heart lifted in praise within seconds of putting this disc in, no matter what track I start with.

Here's hoping this is the first disc in a long, profitable career. I know I'll be back to see what Meredith does next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid debut album for great singer-songwriter, October 16, 2008
This review is from: The Invitation (MP3 Music)
Meredith Andrews is a great new singer-songwriter to hit the CCM scene. In the piano-based style of Vicky Beeching, Bethany Dillon, Ginny Owens and Nichole Nordeman, Meredith really impressed me with her first single You're Not Alone and I've been enjoying that stand-out song for months. It is a great song of comfort with this beautiful chorus: "You're not alone, For I am here, let me wipe away your every fear, My love I've never left your side, I have seen you through the darkest night, And I'm the one that who's loved you all your life, All of your life".

The Invitation is much more than just the outstanding You're Not Alone, and the acoustic version of the song is a great bonus track and really shows off Meredith's amazing vocals. You Invite Me In really sparks this solid debut album with a nice melody and sets the tone for this worship-filled album, produced by Jason Ingram. There are no filler songs and my other favorites are The River, which should also be a hit CCM radio single, and Draw Me Nearer. If you are looking for the next Ginny Owens, Dove Award Winning Best New Artist 2000, look no further than Meredith Andrews, a deserving "Billboard Face to Watch in 2008".

5.0 out of 5 stars First review, September 15, 2009
This review is from: The Invitation (Audio CD)
This is the first time I've been motivated to review one of dozens of CD's I've purchased through Amazon over the years. Figure it's time I contribute.
Meredith's voice is one of the clearest, most expressive I've heard in some time. Draw Me Nearer does that to me...draws me to play it over and over, day after day. There is something to the quality of her voice that brings life to the words and the faith beneath. On Draw Me Nearer I think leaving the piano action sounds in instead of engineering them out shows me the authenticity of the music.
I'll be looking for more to come from this very talented young lady.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accept this invite, August 12, 2009
This review is from: The Invitation (MP3 Music)
While not as fun as Britt Nicole's releases and not nearly as melancholy as Kari Jobe, Meredith Andrews probably sits somewhre in between. The songs are very good, with great messages and memorable verses and a catchy chorus every now and then. Overall a well above average Christian album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meredith Andrews' debut project showcases great voice, lyrics, June 6, 2008
This review is from: The Invitation (Audio CD)
Meredith Andrews' inaugural CD "The Invitation" is characterized by a fresh-sounding yet modern vocal performance and meaningful lyrics. Andrews has a beautiful, melodic range, but she doesn't feel the need to show it off at unnecessary moments. Listening to this CD, you get the feeling that she is more interested in delivering a meaningful message about the healing power of God's embrace than in showing off her incredible voice.

There are several songs you can't afford to miss. "You're Not Alone" and "You Invite Me In" are bound to get most of the attention. Both songs feel like a mix between Natalie Grant, Jaci Velasquez and Bethany Dillon. But the standout song is "The River," which weaves in a pop-style worship tone with substantive lyrics. This CD won't leave you disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love all of her music, July 10, 2014
This review is from: The Invitation (Audio CD)
Meredith has a beautiful voice! Her songs really touch me! Arrived quickly and in perfect condition

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 3, 2014
Was a great blessing

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, February 17, 2014
This review is from: The Invitation (Audio CD)
So far, so good! I really like the features it has such as the fact that it returns to zero steps at midnight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 12, 2014
This review is from: The Invitation (Audio CD)
I love Meredith Andrew's music. We have incorporated some of her songs into the praise and worship service at our church.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a hit out of the park but OK anyway, January 1, 2014

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Invitation
The Invitation by Meredith Andrews (Audio CD - 2008)
Rate and Discover Movies