5.0 out of 5 stars Great crossbody bag!
Published on August 24, 2009 by Internet Shopaholic

1.0 out of 5 stars Did hold up as expected
The SAK Iris Crossbody

Published on December 26, 2009 by Daniel C. Heath

1.0 out of 5 stars Did hold up as expected, December 26, 2009
The SAK Iris Crossbody

My wife had bilateral knee replacement and wanted a good size cross-body bag while she used a walker. The Iris was perfect and the price was great. She said there was plenty of room for all the things she usually carries and could slip in her Kindle too. However, after only 2 months the tab that holds the metal ring for the strap pulled out. She had the tab repair but the closed end of the zipper didn't allow enough access so the repair in very noticeable. She no longer feel comfortable using the bag afraid that the tab will pull out again. She's very disappointed because she really loved this bag. I was going to surprise her with another bag in a different color. Before I'd do that, I would suggest Sak use a rivet to secure the ring tabs for the strap. Maybe then the bag would hold up longer than 2 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great crossbody bag!, August 24, 2009
Wow, not what I was expecting for the price I paid. Got the chocolate brown. The leather is great quality. What an awesome size too. There are so many x-body bags out there and they're so small, you can barely fit your hand in them or they're so huge, it defeats the purpose. I have twins so when we do any type of shopping or running around, I love to use this bag. Especially when we're at the park or restaurant and I don't want to set down my purse. I can fit everything in here too and it's not bulky -cosmetic bag, checkbook, full size wristlet, gum, keys and cell phone.

2.0 out of 5 stars short love affair!, November 30, 2009
The color was great, the size was perfect, the overall style was nice....sadly just after a couple of weeks, the inside pockets unraveled and fell apart and one zipper stopped working....

2.0 out of 5 stars Great color, but not as sturdy as it looks., August 11, 2011
Got this in boysenberry and loved it at first. Didn't even mind when the leather tabs fell off the zipper pulls within the first week. Still didn't mind when the fabric liner started to fray within the first month.

The honeymoon was over by the 4th month, however, when the strap detached from one side of the body of the bag.

The fabric strap itself was just fine, as was the metal ring at the end of the strap. But the shorter leather piece holding the ring to side panel of the body of the purse had only a few millimeters of clearance and stitching. So the leather piece popped out from the top edge of the side panel--still attached firmly to the ring like a sad little pendant--and the newly-liberated strap slithered off of my shoulder as the purse fell to the ground.

Tried to make the best of it for the rest of the day by pulling the fabric strap through the free ring and tying it in a knot, holding the looped strap in one hand...but about an hour later the other ring popped off, too. So now I had a rather awkward clutch bag instead.

I don't expect a $50 purse to hold up like a $200 purse, but 4 months is quite disappointing. I've bought purses in the $50-100 range from Stone Mountain that lasted for years despite carrying even heavier contents.

If the leather piece in the side panel of this SAK purse had been an inch or two longer, with more stitching along that length for added strength and stability, it probably could have held up just as long as the Stone Mountain ones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great bag!, October 29, 2012
However early on the stitching came out and I had to pay $10 to have it repaired. That was disappointing. Am considering purchasing this bag in blue or purple...haven't decided, only based on quality. It's roomy and even fit my iPad. I just wish it hadn't have come unstitched and required an expensive fix.

2.0 out of 5 stars dont buy this bag if you want to use it everyday, September 15, 2011
Bought this bag with my mothers day gift certificate. I loved the bag at first. Now, 4 months later, the handle is ripping off. The bag as turned an ugly green on the seams, the thread on the inside lining is coming apart. Not for everyday use!Im sorry it is past the return date.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!, December 8, 2012
It is smaller than what I thought and too expensive for what you get, plus IT BROKE THE FIRST DAY I WORE IT!
I was really exited about this bag but it really disappointed me!!
DO NOT recommend it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay, September 11, 2011
I loved this bag when I saw it on Amazon. But when I got it home, the leather started wearing off the front of the bag within the first couple of days. Needless to say I returned it. Too bad because it's so cute and the perfect size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag!, January 31, 2011
I purchased this bag and it was bigger than I realized, which was great. I love it. It fits a large wallet so I don't need to change wallets and all my other items.
Definitely recommend for travel. I like it so much I am planning on order another bag in pink. Good quality and price. I was completely satified with my Sak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cross body and kindle size !!!, August 7, 2012
I wanted a nice cross body bag, and my work was moving downtown, and wanted my hands free. This bag is the perfect size, and I have had over 6 months and is holding up perfect. Its the right size to hold my kindle, and a small umbrella, plus all the other little things a woman needs in her purse. I can't wait for this seller to get the teal color. I will definity purchase more.

The SAK Iris Cross-Body,Black,one size