5.0 out of 5 stars Ancient Wisdom for Modern Times
Published on May 19, 2001 by Cynthia Sue Larson

3.0 out of 5 stars Isaiah Little Prayer
Published on August 5, 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Ancient Wisdom for Modern Times, May 19, 2001
Gregg Braden's infectious enthusiasm is evident in every page of his book, THE ISAIAH EFFECT, as he describes his quest to find ancient wisdom in sacred places around the world. Braden covers some big ideas in THE ISAIAH EFFECT, including: how ancient spiritual writings have been removed and/or altered in much of our modern western education; the tremendous significance that those ancient writings have for us today; and how these teachings explain ways that we can rediscover how to choose the outcomes and possibilities in our life. Braden takes us on an exciting spiritual adventure to Egypt, Tibet, Peru, and the American southwest as he ponders these questions and shares his epiphanies along the way.
I find the single most powerful section in THE ISAIAH EFFECT to be Braden's explanation of how to regain the lost language of prayer by learning to align one's thoughts, feelings, and emotions. This "fifth mode of prayer" is not anything like the more common categories of prayer noted by prayer researchers (Colloquial, Petitionary, Ritualistic, Meditative). Those of us who have experienced times of being at one with everything will be thrilled to see this way of praying being adequately described in some detail.
I am also fascinated by Braden's assertion that several different religions and cultures describe prophecies of apolocalypse side-by-side with an alternative path of peace and cooperation. Both possibilities may seem to be contradictory, yet they are likely helping to show us how we can actively participate in selecting the future we prefer.
This book renews my sense of optimism that together, people of Earth can join in prayer to make a choice between greed, comfort and profit... or love, strength, and balance.

5.0 out of 5 stars This "new" method of prayer works!, February 23, 2001
Mark (Portland, Oregon) - See all my reviews
After reading the book, I decided to put this "new" understanding of how to pray to the test.
Instead of praying "for" something, with the implied understanding that it does not currently exist in my life... I decided to focus my prayer on the outcome I wanted... and feeling what it felt like to have my desires manifested.
Two things happened to me: 1. I started feeling really good. Even though that might not seem like very much, I noticed that by experiencing my desires, in advance, in my mind's eye, in detail, I felt really good and confident that something good would happen. Things have started happening in relation to my prayers. If nothing else, it definitely is changing my outlook for the better... and I am more motivated to receive the desires of my heart.
2. The second thing that has happened to me is that I have experienced a LACK of willingness to visualize in my mind's eye, as sometimes, it is hard to accept that it is I who am responsible for the quality of my life.
I mention this second part, because it has also been my experience and I cannot discount it. From a religious perspective, one could say that it is the devil trying to sabotage me (although I have a hard time believing in a literal devil). From my own perspective, though, I simply feel that it is a matter of replacing old habits with new ones.
What Gregg Braden writes about, I am living. Please review these parts of his book (hardcover edition): Page 160, 2nd paragraph: "The secret of our lost mode of prayer is to shift our perspective of life by feeling that the 'miracle' has already happened and our prayers have been answered."
Pg 166, para 3+ : "When I (the Indian guy, David) was young, our elders passed onto me the secret of prayer. The secret is that when we ask for something, we acknowledge what we do not have. Continuing to ask only gives power to what has never come to pass... I began (praying) with the feeling of gratitude for all that is and all that has come to pass, I gave thanks for the desert wind, heat, and the drought, for that is the way of it, until now... Then I chose a new medicine. I began to have the feeling of what rain feels like. I felt the feeling of rain upon my body... Our prayer becomes a prayer of thanks for the opportunity to choose which creation we experience. Through our thanks, we honor all possibilities and bring the ones we choose into this world.
This works! The only hard part is simply being disciplined enough to "slow down" and do the work (e.g. envisioning the prayer, feeling it through in detail, and believing that this is for real).

5.0 out of 5 stars The other side of Doom & Gloom, March 31, 2000
By A Customer
An excellent book dealing with topics such as quantum physics, prophecy, and the dead sea scrolls written in a language anybody can understand. This book gives new perspective to many of the doom and gloom prophecies of both Edgar Cayce and Nostradamus. It's nice to know after reading this book that we have an opportunity to positively impact the many forecasts of catastophe that we read about. The section dealing with what Gregg calls the lost mode of prayer is very powerfull. For those not into religion for whatever reason, reading about this lost mode of prayer will feel right to most everybody. This book is well researched, and very well written. A must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Isaiah Effect, August 3, 2000
By A Customer
I have to say, reading the reviews of the other customers was interesting. The one about it being the same as Gregg's Lost Mode of Prayer audio tape obviously did not realize that the tape was released before the book as a preview of the book. It's based on one chapter of The Isaiah Effect. People should not be so judgemental and pay attention to what they are doing - then they would get it. The research and background is magnificently done. You can tell Gregg's dedication to his craft and his passion in his art. The information on prayer in the book is the answer I have been searching for all my life. Keep writing! You have a gift and a message that should be heard by all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Information that could save the future of this planet, September 12, 2000
By A Customer
This book reveals incredible, important, life changing information. It is documented very well and brings reality to the ideas Mr. Braden is trying to get across by his use of examples. I found this to be one of the top three most profound books I have read in my entire life.
This book will not speak to everyone, but everyone who is open minded will know how the future that has been predicted can be changed. It is eye-opening in that we can be players in what happens. I found it to be a book that I couldn't wait to see what the next page was going to reveal. People who poopoo prayer won't find the book impressive, but those who have an open mind will find this very thought provoking and credible, especially with specific scientific documentation, for those who consider themselves an empiricist. I feel this book can have a profound effect on the future of the survival of this planet. This book is very motivating to start making a difference by recognizing the possibilities and knowing you can have an active part.

3.0 out of 5 stars Isaiah Little Prayer, August 5, 2000
By A Customer
Wait for the paperback. While the author offers some important insights, particularly in his chapter on "the lost mode of prayer", the remainder of the book seems to be a thin wash without depth and substance. Instead the author seems to hitch a ride on a popular wave of ideas without arriving at a new destination. Even his strongest discussion on prayer lacks substantive reference to specific sources. Nevertheless, his findings seem to ring true. He suggests that in our Western traditions regarding prayer we're taught to ASK God for something we perceive ourselves to be lacking (which is fear based). In doing so,we reinforce and cultivate a reality of lacking because the act of ASKING suggests that we do not perceive abundance. He suggests that ancient texts and cultures reveal something about prayer that we have lost... that the universe contains multiple parallel realities and potentials from which we can actually choose (this is also born out in the science of quantum physics). We can crossover from one reality to another. Prayer is the key, but that prayer must be based in FEELING. We must first acknowledge things as they are without judgement. Then step into the chosen reality and experience this reality as though it has already come to pass. This cannot be fulfilled through thought alone. We must feel it as real. Perhaps the author has other such pearls of wisdom to share but is unfortuantely a very unseasoned writer and researcher which weakens the book considerably or leaves it on shakey ground. He uses information that is in the mainstream, like the Bible Codes, which is treated as truth, glossing over the intense controversy surrounding these findings. He also fails to share the ancient texts and other resources from which he seems to have drawn so much of his own "truth", so readers can evaluate it for themselves. Hence it doesn't hold its ground amidst weightier historical research. There are numerous seasoned and perhaps more spiritually mature authors who have brought much fuller experiences to their readers to speed them on the path to enlightenment without giving in to the temptation to sensationalize a topic in order to get your attention. Larry Dossey's, Healing Words, comes immediately to mind. It is the inherent truth of a thing that resonates the longest and penetrates the deepest.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of a Kind, April 12, 2000
By A Customer
Quantum biology and spirituality are merging, and Braden expains, in his view, how this is so. I thoroughly enjoyed every page of this book and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in Yeshua's native language, quantum biology, and the future of our planet. (I hope to hear more from Braden about the Aramic language.) Great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn Effective Prayer, February 19, 2002
This review is from: The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy (Paperback)
The Isaiah Effect ties together prophecy, the Dead Sea Scrolls (most notably the book of Isaiah), Tibetian teachings, Mayan, Hopi and a multitude of other religious thought as well as new discoveries in quantum physics to arrive at the conclusion that these cultures understood prayer as a mechanism for change in the world. As I read through the book I came to the realization that what he has discovered can only be described as holistic prayer. It is prayer that involves every part of you; thought, emotions, belief, etc. Why go another day with a prayer technique that we have learned from childhood with ritualistic repeating of things like, "Now I lay me down to sleep....."? Why not have a whole understanding of prayer and how it can be used to change the world. That understanding is available now through this book. Carefully researched, inspirational and full of information, it is the missing piece to learning effective prayer.

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down!, May 21, 2002
WBC (Charlotte, NC United States) - See all my reviews
I got so absorbed in this book I couldn't put it down. For some time, I have been trying to link my spiritual beliefs and prayer with what I have learned as a coach about the Law of Attraction. This book clearly did that for me. It explains how to pray in a way that focuses on clear, purposeful intention and how your thoughts, feelings, and emotions impact the success of your prayers. Reading this book invigorated my prayers and meditation. They say that when the student is ready, the teacher will appear. This book showed up at just the right time for me and gave me lessons I will never forget.
"The Isiah Effect" takes "Excuse Me Your Life Is Waiting," by Lynn Grabhorn to an all new level of meaning.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can "do something!", September 15, 2001
By A Customer
I appreciated the author's gifted scientific and spiritual insight. Some of the material is quite frightening, so it's understandable that some egos' denial mechanisms may feel the need to attempt belittling the book from their current interpretation of it.
In light of our current world situation this book provides to the reader an internal locus of control, being that of prayer. After reading this I believe I've been been given the tools necessary to participate in the upliftment and healing of our collective conscioussness. One by one, each of us can co-create a desirable outcome to the challenge that lies before us. Highly recommended!

The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy