The Jeff Foxworthy Show - The Complete First Season
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Long before that, however, Foxworthy tries to settle into a comfortable groove that finds Jeff a dutiful family man with a penchant (much like Gabe Kaplan on Welcome Back Kotter) for stopping Karen in her tracks and pelting her with anecdotes and jokes. Outside the house, Jeff spends most of his time at a diner with two repairmen (Matt Borlenghi and familiar character actor Matt Clark) who work for him, a refrain that quickly runs out of steam and leaves a comic vacuum for half the season. Episode 13 sees an infusion of energy with the arrival of Mohr--sometimes too much energy--and the addition of a couple other characters. Foxworthy suddenly seems a bit more urbane, though still muddled, at this point, and with Jeff's business going down the tubes, the stories take on a certain comic urgency. (A highlight is "Shootout at the Comedy Corral," in which Jeff and Wayne's sibling rivalry heats up via dueling performances at a comedy club.) More changes in Foxworthy would occur in season 2 (including a replacement for the departing Barone), but The Complete First Season has plenty of virtues to recommend it. --Tom Keogh
- 18 episodes on two discs
Top Customer Reviews
This set includes the entire first season's 18 episodes.
1) Jeff's Life 101 - After Jeff repays a loan from his father-in-law, he gets hit with a series of unexpected expenses.
2) A Non-Affair to Remember - One of Karen's co-workers flirts with Jeff and he starts to feels guilty.
3) The Gene Pool - Jeff believes Matt should learn to swim.
4) Elliot and Victoria's Secret - Elliot, Kathy's dad, tells Jeff a big secret about his past while on a fishing trip.
5) Womb with a View - Matt brings a video of Karen giving birth to school.
6) With Two You Get Cow's Milk - Jeff and his father-in-law go all out to out do each other in a Halloween decorating competition.
7) Jeff & Ray & Rascal's Adventure - Jeff wants to prove he is not an idiot.
8) A Sore Winner - The Foxworthy's appear on America's Funniest Home Videos.
9) He's Making a List, Checking it Twice - Jeff promises Karen he'll help with Christmas preparations but he doesn't quite work out that way.
10) Foxworthy Family Feud - Jeff tries to remain neutral in the marital battle between Karen's sister Gayle and her husband Dennis.
11) Matt About You - Gayle moves in with Jeff and Karen.
12) Clan of the Bare Caves - Jeff's business is so slow he loses Walt and Russ.Read more ›
But what I really would like if they released the second season on DVD when they lived in the south. And Bill Engvall, I'm a huge fan of him. When Bill and Jeff are together expect hilarity. The first season was okay, but I would really love to see the second season released.
Watching the first season in order, one realizes that the show was trying to fix something and make it better. Since I have not seen the second season, I don't know if they did. (Will it ever be released?) But I was riveted to the screen for several nights, and enjoyed the show immensely.
Haley Joel Osment virtually steals every scene he's in, and perhaps this show will be of interest to film historians in the future BECAUSE of Osment.
If this show didn't live up to expectations, I don't think Foxworthy's career has suffered from this one iota. I really enjoyed watching these, but probably enjoyed them so much because I paid $5.50 at Wal*Mart.
And Foxworthy's career continues just fine, thank you, with the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.
(God, can you imagine Larry the Cable Guy in a sitcom? Wouldn't last as long as "The Book of Daniel"!)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was a good show UNTIL Jay Mohr showed up and ruined it. Way over the top and totally annoying. Every show has at least one character who brings the show down whenever they... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Boomatt
Enjoyed watching and laughing at this funny guy all over again. Great DVD! I highly recommend it if you enjoy Jeff Foxworthy.Published 20 months ago by cowtown girl
I didn't realize that Jeff Foxworthy had a television series. It is very good! It supports both the family life and the redneck side. My family really enjoys it! Read morePublished 23 months ago by Aaron Stephens
I can't believe I missed this one when it was on television. Easily worth the five or six bucks I payed for it!Published 24 months ago by Paul
I bought this for my husband. He watched the whole thing episode after episode. It was good to watch something I hadn't seen in years. It was an incredible price also. Read morePublished on September 15, 2013 by Mo
This TV series was only on two seasons. I loved this DVD set, great addition to my video collection. Would recommend.Published on May 10, 2013 by Michael Small
I think Jeff Foxworthy is hilarious so I bought this one site unseen since it originally aired way back in the 90s. It is cute and I will watch it every couple of years. Read morePublished on April 21, 2013 by Southern gal
This is part of a tv series I was watching on tbs and wanted to see it from the begining so I purtchased this and was glad I did thanks for the great servicePublished on January 21, 2013 by Doc