Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

on November 30, 2013
Since the quality of the content is so high, why only a 1 star rating? Let me be up front in saying that I believe Dr. Jeremiah is one of the finest Bible teachers we have today! (Balanced theologically, clarifies and explains the Scripture well, and uses great illustrations!) However, if the publisher wants the average DJ fan to actually use this, they should either provide a very powerful magnifying glass with each Bible, or bring out a large print version!! The chosen type sizes are tiny, tiny, tiny!! Please correct this asap, as the content here needs to be usable for the masses, not just those with absolutely perfect vision!!!! DGB
6060 comments|399 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2013
Love David Jeremiah's notes and the overall layout of the study bible but unfortunately, the print is a bit small for me and need a magnifying glass to read some it.
0Comment|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2013
This is the most outstanding study Bible I have ever been fortunate to obtain. Dr. Jeremiah comes from such a solid and valid background in Bible history, Greek and Hebrew. I love the descriptions on each section depicting the culture, mood, and time of the passage. If you read it for no other reason, read it for its validity to history.
This is a wonderful Christmas present for anybody; I'm giving one to my friends and loved ones!

This comes from such a Godly man, a humble man, and a devoted man. I believe God has raised him up in such a time as this to a world that so desperately needs the truth! Thank You, Lord; and thank you Dr. Jeremiah!
11 comment|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2013
I have followed David Jeremiah's ministry for many years. He is a man of integrity and faith. He is one of the few (in my opinion) who can be trusted on the radio.
But this Study Bible disappointed me in some minor ways.I think it was because I was expecting more of the presence of David's "fingerprints" in the notes. I was looking for the personality I encountered in his books and broadcasts. I miss the directness of his radio teaching.
On the more positive side, it has David's integrity and without question his pastoral style. And in a way that is what he aimed for. The notes are written as if a pastor was speaking to you. I liked his notes on Daniel's 70 Weeks, 2 Thessalonians and the Coming of the Lord to
name just a few. And his notes on Revelation 17 were above average. He shines in the area of prophecy and current events.
I was disappointed that there was not a stronger stand for Mark 16:9-20. After all, that is the Word of God too.I believe this passage deserved more support and discussion as it is so debated these days. After owning and reading so many other Study Bibles so my standards are high in expectation and in all fairness David says in the preface that this Bible is not as much for academic study as for personal enrichment and on that level he succeeded with it and deserves 5 stars. This study Bible will certainly have "staying power" due to his Midwest Baptist background notes which are rich in theology and realistically that's the bottom line. There certainly is a lot of helpful information in this Study Bible without question.
If you are looking for a Study Bible that will speak to you in a Pastoral way, you won't regret a David Jeremiah Study Bible that offers regular web site updates.
1818 comments|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2013
When I first learned Dr. Jeremiah was coming out with a study bible, my first reaction was that I wished he had instead considered releasing a bible commentary. Chuck Swindoll's "Insights" commentaries and Chuck Smith's bible study guides come to mind, which are awesome. Why is it that when we want to gain insight into a certain passage from a trusted individual we must purchase yet another study bible? It's embarrassing how many study bibles I own, when I would much more appreciate having a bookshelf full of trusted commentaries. I end up with notes and highlights in so many different bibles I just might need to compile my own study bible to keep everything straight. (Just kidding.) Having said that, I didn't hesitate to purchase this one, and I haven't regretted making the purchase. I don't find the print too small nor the ink too light, and if I did I would purchase a page magnifier. :) There are refreshing and enlightening commentaries and historical perspectives in here through which I can and will gain more insight into this life and God's purpose for me in it. All that for under $30? Sign me up!

To address an earlier review: I have been listening to Pastor Jeremiah's messages for close to twenty years and I have never encountered a political agenda or a message about acquiring wealth in the name of God. This isn't his own version of the Bible -- it's a NKJV translation with his study notes. I believe the only thing Pastor Jeremiah would say is unique about this or other study bibles is that it is God's Word, that is its uniqueness.
on February 4, 2014
One of the great things about living in the 21st century is the proliferation of great study Bibles that are now available. David Jeremiah's Study Bible is the result of 40 years of study and 4 years laboring specifically on this Bible. The results are terrific. It's a Bible that is chalked full of theological insights, practical applications, and a plethora of helpful information to help you grow in your understanding of, and application of the Scriptures.

Some of the unique features of this Bible are:

Easy-to-read type; Book Introductions; 8,000 study notes; 100's of sidebars on 100's of topics; Over 50 articles on Doctrinal issues; Words of Jesus in red-letter print; Colorful charts, tables, and maps; A massive topical index and concordance; and a Harmony of the Gospels; available in King James and New King James Versions. One of the best features can be found online or on your phone. There are places throughout the Bible to scan your phone or go on the web for even more articles and helpful tools by Dr. Jeremiah for Bible study.

You can get a great introduction to this Bible by watching a video from Dr. Jeremiah at [...]. I purchased this Bible for my parents and my wife, and so far we are all really enjoying Jeremiah's insights and notes. I personally like the balance of theological explanation and practical application in the study notes. This study Bible will only help you better apply Paul's exhortation to Timothy: "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15). I highly recommend this Study Bible for your personal growth in the Lord.
on January 14, 2014
I previously bought the Joyce Meyers Everyday Bible a few weeks ago.
THEN THIS came out. I can NOT even tell you HOW this will change your life.

Dr. Jeremiah has painstakingly compiled over 40yrs of his teachings and included them all
alongside the bible chapter/verses. This bible has taken my understanding of the word to a WHOLE new level.
I must tell you you will be HARD PRESSED to find ANY study bible to compare to this one. He goes into every detail of the word origins, and the set up of the times of the chapter and how to consider the texts for you daily life.

My vision is really great, however, I found I needed my 1.00 reading glasses for this bible. TOTALLY worth it.
I also want to note- the text is really NO SMALLER than any other book out there...it is similar to the (10 pt type indicator when typing an email)...so to me , that pretty normal. This bible is also a good 2inches thick, so it would've been 4inches thick if the type was bigger!
on November 1, 2013
I love the way this bible is made and it should last for a while. It has some really good features that some other study bibles doesn't have. I haven't had it very long and only have read a couple books of this bible. I will keep this study bible and it should help me in my spiritual growth of God's word. I would recommend it especially for all us study bible collectors. Thanks and may God Bless.....amen
33 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed the Jeremiah Study Bible since Day One when it arrived! It is so compelling to read, with all the reference panels sprinkled throughout each book of the Bible. Those reference panels include: "FYI" (general info); "Historically Speaking" (aligning history notes with the Scriptures); "Picture This" (applications of Scriptures to our daily lives); "Essentials" (outlines of lessons & teachings on a specific topic that we can readily understand); graphs & spreadsheets (to outline various Scriptures and their deeper meanings for us to ponder and use); "Teaching Points" (to highlight specific items to be used for teaching; "For Reflection" (delving deeper into a parable, story, or report in Scriptures that we can use for meditation and application); "Tough Questions" (answering those "tough questions" that have gone unanswered for years, or where bad assumptions have been made along the way). And each book of the Bible has its own multi-page "Book Introduction" (some with maps and charts) to help you understand that book and its author. This Bible also has an outstanding "Teacher's Topical Index", and excellent & comprehensive Concordance, and a section of maps & charts in the back. It makes "getting into the Word" a pleasure, privilege, and addictive! Hallelujah!
Submitted by: Manny Aschemeyer; Chihuahua Valley, CA
on December 26, 2013
I have used several Study Bibles over the years, but I must say that this is the most complete of all. The quality of the binding feels like real leather and is excellent, The dual color scheme used for the binding also makes this Bible easily identifiable in the bookcase. The additional helps offered through the QR Codes at the beginning of each Book in the Bible are also jaw-dropping. This is a must-have for any serious student of the Bible.