Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

100%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 6, 2014
As beautiful as a drunk pissing in the corner of the Louvre, the Jesus Lizard were the last great rock band. They played art rock that rocked. The adjectives "noisy" and "abrasive" are always tossed around when describing the music of this band, but I never got that. As an alt-rock kid coming of age in the nineties, this stuff is classical music to me. BOOK is worthy of it's subject. Page after page of lovely photographs. I really enjoy the unfiltered commentary and prose from the musicians themselves, and the associates, friends, and spouses of the band as well. The Pitchfork review that summarized BOOK as a meditation on the notion of success is spot on. Also, plenty of good stuff to chew on for fans of the band who are music theory/gear nerds without getting bogged down in that stuff for regular fans. Highly highly recommended.
on May 13, 2014
One of my favorite bands since I was a kid, I wasn't quite sure what to expect with this book. It's heavy on the candid photos, which are cool but don't quite capture the feel of the band's music or live performances. There's some amazing stuff in here though such as David Wm. Sims recounting info, memories, writing process, time signatures, etc. about nearly every song released by the band. There's also pages of technical mic placement and studio recording notes. Lots of stories from the band's friends recounting how amazing they are. But I think my favorite part is the recurring image of David Yow urinating nonchalantly while walking down the street. If you're a fan of the band enough to own a few of their albums, this book is a great addition to their catalog.
on March 21, 2014
I have waited for this my whole adult life. So many fuzzy memories. Thanks fellas for all the rock !
on November 10, 2014
"Book" really does a great job of fleshing out what the band was like and how they grew over time. I, myself, was happy to learn that the guys got some money for all their work. They may not be billionaires but were able to make music their only job and have things to show for it, unlike many bands out there.
on June 8, 2014
This book was better than I expected. I am a huge fan and seen the jesus lizard many times.
They even included a poster from one of my favorite shows Dirt, Jesus Lizard and Sonic Youth.
The writing is well done. I got this for a gift for someone special and I am probably going to order
another for me.
on November 25, 2014
Bought this for my boyfriend who's a huge fan. He was very pleased with the craftsmanship and overall quality. Great gift for all punks!
on June 3, 2014
Great read, great band, great pictures, great stories, great, great, great.....turn on the albums while reading, crank and full volume!!
on March 21, 2015
this is by far the greatest thing that exists in the world.
on August 7, 2014
Magnificent noise réunion book : thanks
on July 8, 2014