5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!
In the 26 days I've owned this book, I've been bowled over 26 times by Rabbi Hammer's daily teachings. They have touched me personally and often educated me.

Jill Hammer, clearly very knowledgeable in Jewish texts and tradition, reveals how Judaism embraces perspectives on nature and women that we might not credit Judaism with.

I've always tried to...
Published on April 2, 2007 by J. Murphy

3.0 out of 5 stars Book of Days
It is not what I wanted, it is the wrong Book of Days. The Book of Days I wanted was a calendar book.
Published on March 7, 2011 by sleepy

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, April 2, 2007
This review is from: The Jewish Book of Days: A Companion for All Seasons (Hardcover)

I've always tried to keep track of the cycles of the moon and seasons at the same time I keep track of the Jewish year, but it took this insightful, well-educated woman to unite the two in a meaningful and Jewish way. Thank you, Rabbi Hammer!

The introductory sections of the book are informative, and each day, in addition to her own teaching, Rabbi Hammer includes one quote from Tanach (Bible) and one quote from Talmud, Rashi, or other Jewish texts. I expect to turn to this book daily for the next year (and probably years to come), to learn and to deepen my spiritual life.

I can't recommend this volume highly enough. BUY YOURSELF THIS BOOK!

(Just a note: it's bound well, and under the pretty dust-jacket, the brown and gold cover would look really nice next to any Metsudah siddurs or machzors you might own.)

5.0 out of 5 stars An Earthy, Spiritual Masterpiece, October 5, 2010
Jill Hammer's "The Jewish Book of Days" has been my companion for the last two years. Rabbi Jill's scholarship has helped me learn more of my once hidden heritage. Perhaps more importantly, the fecund spiritual depth of this work has created a profound rhythm in my life which I have been able to share and celebrate with family and friends. You will find this book always at my bedside or in my backpack; this is a treasure too rich for any shelf. I have made personal notes in the margins as I have awakened to the truth and beauty in the text, planning to give my copy to my daughter when she is grown. The Jewish Book of Days is not to be read, but lived. It is a true masterpiece of Earth and Spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvelous blend of ancient wisdom and contemporary sensitivity, March 3, 2009
Obadiah "Obadiah!" (denver, co United States) - See all my reviews
Just getting started in this book of daily readings from the Jewish tradition, but already its richness confirms this was a great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful tool, December 18, 2007
M. Buttersnaps (Atlanta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This book is just packed with useful information! I absolutely love it! As the previous poster said, it is also beautiful and well-bound. Worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars meditative and wonderfully thoughtful, June 16, 2011
I bought four copies of this book to give to friends who want to know more about Judaism, without being either too folksy or legalistic. This book is a fabulous way to introduce anyone into the many realms of Jewish thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, December 2, 2009
An extraordinary book! This is actually the second one we purchased. It was a gift for my wife's sister. This is an amazing book for those interested in Hebrew mysticism and how it relates to the Creator's Calendar!

5.0 out of 5 stars I read this book everyday!, May 4, 2014
This is a soulful, thoughtful, educational and inspirational volume that provides great insights and guidance for each day and season of the year from a Jewish perspective.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Jewish Book of Days: A Companion for All Seasons, May 2, 2013
Cherokee (Rockport, Maine United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this book about a month ago. The book is inspirational. It has a message for every day as well as a quote from the Bible. I plan to send a copy of this book to my daughter who has recently converted to Judaism. I know she will also love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, year after year, April 12, 2013
Though I don't read it consistently, it's always nice to have a guidebook to the Jewish calendar on my shelf, for any time I want to tune in to the spiritual energy of the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars A daily reminder of Jewish heritage.a, March 6, 2013
A wonderful daily reminder of living a Jewish Life. I try to read each entry for each day. I am so glad to have the book.

The Jewish Book of Days: A Companion for All Seasons
The Jewish Book of Days: A Companion for All Seasons by Jill Hammer (Hardcover - September 1, 2006)
$30.00 $25.97