5.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared for breakthrough

2.0 out of 5 stars concerns
Published on July 13, 2006 by A. Reed

5.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared for breakthrough, May 20, 2003
Janice Digs "beepark1" (Van Nuys, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this book two days before I took the Journey seminar in Los Angeles on May 17 & 18, 2003. I loved the book; it was an easy read about a deep subject - getting in touch with who you really are - could sound like new age woo-woo to some but let me tell you this is the most cutting edge healing and freeing process available that I have found. I've taken tons of seminars and have been a healer myself for many years but this is a gift of astronomic proportions. If you are ready for it, the freedom you have been seeking is here. In my opinion - and it's only my opinion based on my actual experience - it is the most important work being done for individuals in pain on the planet at this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a practical person and this is a practical book, February 17, 2004
"novvie" (NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
So many wonderful and courageous people share their experiences through books but the lingering question for me has always been: "how can I get to where YOU ARE from here?". I was truly surprised to find in this book a practical guide to moving myself from where I am now to where I want to be. If one picks up this kind of book and reads it to the end then one has to be reasonably intent on change and I wasn't disappointed (it was loaned to me by a friend who told me to read it to the end no matter what my 'mind' told me about it). I haven't tried all of the scripts for change that came with the book because I don't have a partner (or trusted enough 'other') to do all of the exercises with but I have ordered the audio tape and I have every confidence that I will have the courage to pursue what I truly want to be ... and being on the threshold of the second 50 years of my life I'm not playing games here! Just doing the 'sitting meditation' prescribed in the book (p.131) has been just lovely. :)

2.0 out of 5 stars concerns, July 13, 2006
Mind/body therapists and energy therapists have been doing emotional release work by following the emotion to it's core for many years. Zukov mentioned this in the 80s when he released his book SEAT OF THE SOUL, Chopra, E. Tolle, and Dwyer are among many popular authors who describe the experience repeatedly in their writings. Yogis and therapists have written about this and many motivational workshops teach the technique. It's not new, but apparently was new to Bays who claims to have been a mind/body therapist for years before experiencing this. The fact that she worked for Anthony Robbins, personally knew Depak Chopra, and worked as a therapist but never experienced such a breakthrough before developing the tumor is incredible.

Each time Bays had a breakthrough to Source, she dramatically claims that the experience stayed with her forever, but as she continues to write, she continues to experience more conflict and more breakthroughs. From my own experience working with clients and myself, what happens is there is an amazing breakthrough into a deep sense of peace and oneness which then becomes integrated into the adult personality, but the individual continues to evolve mentally, emotionally and spiritually through conscious effort to attune to their feelings and transforming the negative ones by bringing them to light, or by feeling them to the depths of their Being. In other words, the high doesn't continue, it's an ongoing process in the evolution of consciousness.

If Brandon Bays has helped individuals with life threatening illness to recover their physical and emotional health, good for her and them. I don't think the structure she gives for applying her technique at the end of the book is particularly helpful, there are more simple techniques, such as EFT, or just sitting in the feeling and allowing Source to transform it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding Cancer, September 25, 2001
Graham (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This was a book I was given to read when my mother was diagnosed with cancer. Many of us think it is the end, but this book gave inspiration that cancer can be cured, and the mind controls the body. Brandon teels her own story of how she was able to overcome a tumour "the size of a basketball" by using self healing methods. The book does not become a martyrdom, as the author then goes on to explain how she then went about educating as many people as possible, to how cancer can be cured by the self.
The book also helps us to understand why cancer happens to some of us, by helping us to identify the emotional blocks we are having, which ultimately lead to cancer.
It clearly explains the lessons we must all learn, and how such cancers can not only be cured, but avoided in the first place.
My wife was diagnosed with stomach cancer when she was 30 and given 2 years to live. However,she was also able to overcome the cancer using self healing, reiki, and other "alternative" methods, and is now totally healthy, 10 yeas later. She then also set about helping others, and became a reiki practitioner and counsellor. Having also read the book, she to recommends it to anyone not only experiencing cancer, but to fmailies and loved ones of cancer sufferers to help them also understand what is going on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a way to connect with and HEAL yourself FULLY, November 14, 2001
There should be no question that you can't be healed. Wheter it is physical or emotional. THis book will give you the confirmation and if you still doubt, try a journey and you will experience it yourself. It is very clearly written and it is a book that gives you the way on HOW to do it yourself (with a partner). Try it and Experience it. Once you feel it you will not only do it more often, for you will feel so liberated, but you would want to share it with everybody you know! Thank you brandon!

1.0 out of 5 stars She didn't have Cancer, June 19, 2008
Grail (Wellington, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
The main advertising for this book & 'The Journey' therapy keeps making out that she had cancer.

She didn't have cancer, she had a tumor.
What does that mean? A tumor is just a swelling or a lump of any kind, it doesn't have to be cancerous.
Notice, she never states in the book she had cancer, because *she didn't*.
In her case, it sounds like a Uterine Fibroids (go google it). If you really want to be technical, a Subserosal uterine fibroid given that it was growing into her belly. I've seen reports that 50% of women over 35 have these growths, but they're usually small.
Brandon Bay on the other hand, was so in denial, so dismissive and rejecting of *standard* medical treatment, so sure that she was living a holistic life, so spiritually aware and positive and healthy, that she didn't do anything about it until it was apparently the size of a *basket-ball* (taking her word for it only here).
And of course, so caught up in her self-image as a spiritual and health expert, that she didn't admit to anyone, not her friends, what was happening.
I'm not so sure she's changed.

To explain the tumor a little more - sometimes, growth of these is caused by excess estrogen. if that is causing it, then going off HRT, and not taking any say, estrogen-enhancing supplements etc (as are quite commonly used in new age circles) will cause them to shrink again. Also, one of the treatments for is ultrasound to break up the fibroid mass - so, massage would be slightly effective for this. And of course, they often just get smaller on their own.

And now, she's presenting this 'new' healing method, that she should have been familiar with for years given the fields she was involved with, but instead, must somehow have been reeeaaally ineffective all those years, because she'd never had any emotional breakthroughs before, it only *worked* after having been really foolhardy with her own health, and now she uses this as example of transformation, while scarily and misleadingly presenting it in terms most people will think of as 'cancer', to present herself as an expert in spirituality and health - a guru.
Hmmmmmm....

Disclaimer: I'm not even a Doctor, I just know what Uterine Fibroids are. And the cancer thing really bugged me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Profound Book, April 3, 2006
If you've read any of my other reviews, you'll see that I borrow from the library first. I did. After reading it, I had to buy 2 of these books. If I could, I'd buy one for every person I knew.

This book everything it says it is, and being practical-minded, I found this book practical, simple and a great gift from Brandon Bays through her sharing of it.

The author writes in an innocent, simple manner that exudes so much truth, healing and wisdom...what can I say? I loved this book and it's monumental message. In the first part of the book She offers her story to help the reader understand what she experienced and how she overcame it all. In the last part of the book she covers her process, called "The Journey", allowing the practical minded to help themselves freely. You be your own expert for your own healing using her method. She has also trained others (and continues to do so) in the The Journey so they may assist if one needs outside help or to further themselves.

Being the critical-minded reader/person that I am, I found no fault in Brandon's book with what she teaches. In fact, she's enlightened me further and opened doors I didn't notice before. I bow to this great woman in humble gratitude.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely stunning and healing, March 24, 2007
TC (NC, United States) - See all my reviews
I read this book in 1 day. It resonated with me instantly. I went to a weekend seminar and did more healing in that weekend than in 13+years of therapy. I am still in awe and amazement at the results I received and am continuing to receive. The material is brillantly packaged into a quick way to uncover feelings and get to the core, and then to Source. And I have been able to carry that with me every day since I left the seminar. One month later and I am still lighter than air and am overwhelmed at my continued healing. you don't have to go to the seminar, however, you can read the book and she will teach you some of the processes in the book and you and a friend can try them out. But if it resonates with you, the seminar is %1000 better.

Tami

5.0 out of 5 stars You can heal yourself..., June 6, 2005
This books shows you the amazing healing potential of the body and the soul. Never before has any book so convinced me that healing was truly possible and now I absolutely know it is. And... the amazing part is, this process is really simple and the script is in the back of the book! You can do the process with a friend. This book has changed my life in more ways than I could possibly describe. Thank you Brandon!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the only way I have ever found, November 3, 2006
Doing the self meditations in THE JOURNEY by Brandon Bays--going to the source, etc.--is the only way I have ever found to fully heal the emotional scars all of us develop along the way in life.

This book is so powerful, I put it second only to the BIBLE.

The Journey: A Practical Guide to Healing Your Life and Setting Yourself Free