5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job nicely! Very solid feel.
Published 21 months ago by Cyclone Shadow

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as I hoped....
probably the best mount out right now, but I'm confused about the "mag connect". I haven't noticed any magnetic effect. I don't think it actually has a magnet in the swivel mount. it doesn't pull together. I have to awkward screw it in. it's a total PITA to remove the iPad tray.

they should've made the hinge joint a ball joint for added...
Published 1 month ago by jamesm925

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job nicely! Very solid feel., December 19, 2012
This review is from: The Joy Factory Valet Headrest Mount with iPad Swivel Tray 360 degree MagConnect Technology for iPad 2/3/4 (MMA107) (Personal Computers)
I like the look and the solid feel of this head rest mount. It worked without any issue with my iPad2. I will soon use it with my ipad3. Hopefully there will not be a fitting issue. Only complain I have is that it is a bit short and really does not go to the middle between the two seats. Therefore, one of my kids have to sit in the middle seat. Hope the pictures help with your decision.

Updated: 12/25/2012.

NOT HAPPY ANYMORE! I just tried the hard shell case on my 3rd gen iPad and it does NOT fit. I am sending an email to Joy Factory to inquire why is that the case since on my packageing it clearly states that it works with the new iPad (3rd gen). I am taking one star away until the issue is resolved.

Updated: 1/8/2013.

HAPPY AGAIN! I emailed Joy Factory and told them my issue. They were very helpful and send me a replacement hard shell that fits my iPad3. There is a difference between my original hard shell that is listed for ipad3 but does not fit and the replacement hard shell which fits the ipad3. I uploaded additional pictures to detail the difference. I am giving it 5 stars again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional, High Quality, Great Looking Product, August 29, 2013
High quality materials, well engineered. The protective plastic cover over the tablet holder had me confused for a minute. You need to unscrew it to expose the magnetic coupler. If you purchase the aXtion Pro waterproof case to go with it, it will work, but the case doesn't have the magnetic coupler which makes it easier to mount. They make an adapter for this, though I didn't see it available for purchase separately. I contacted the Joy Factory and they sent one free of charge. Great customer service too. I am using iPads for data entry and communications in an industrial setting, and the case/mount is exactly what I was looking for to keep them accessible and operational.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the best, December 20, 2012
There is none like this around.
Beautiful peace.
Solid.
But small and light.
You can put your Ipad in any position.
I'm a musician and this little stand is perfect to carry around.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit more expensive but worth it, August 14, 2013
W. T. Shiers "wtshiers" (Jacksonville, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
I've previously purchased a Arkon TAB1-RSHM for ipad mini's. You can read my review there but, the readers digest version is - it didn't work. I read reviews for several other products that would head rest mount ipad mini's and, almost all of them seemed to have some type of issue (or issues) that made them unattractive.

The good?? They mount incredibly easy. I think it took me 2 minutes. They appear "heavy" feeling and I was concerned that they may be bulky / not adjust easily etc. but, turns out they are neither. They adjust very easily and in pretty much every direction.

The bad?? Well - even though I'm very happy with them they're a bit over-priced. I think they can get away with this because the competition is weak at best. In fairness... $55 would be reasonable for the quality.

I drove from Jacksonville to Tennessee and back with one mounted on each headrest for my girlfriends girls and not a single issue. No vibration/no rattling/nothing. Very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars great finishing, May 3, 2014
Great material and quality, engineered to be smooth and ergonomic

but still so expensive, and short arms.

best stand ever i saw

5.0 out of 5 stars Meets highest expectation, March 9, 2014
I did a lot of research to find a mount for my iPad Air that would work well with my Roland Digital Keyboard and Keyboard stand. I use a musical score App for all of my music and I needed all the attributes that I have found in the Joy Factory Mount. It is beautifully constructed of carbon fiber and solid adjustment hardware. It gives me the flexibility to locate the iPad in any position and in a very secure way. The iPad case is fantastic: it is very thin and accommodates the iPad very positively and very quickly and allows for easy removal when I want to use the iPad for other purposes. The magnetic locking mechanism is brilliant and the screw assures a perfect connection. I have been able to achieve any and all position locations utilizing the multi-position arms. The only frailty that I have found is that the foam cushion on the upper part of the mount distorted after only a couple of attachment/detachments. I removed it and replaced it with a thin but substantial piece of ribbed rubber. I would highly recommend this product and I applaud the attention to detail, quality construction, fit and finish. Even the packaging is impressive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent iPad Air stand, January 21, 2014
Length:: 3:25 Mins

The Joy Factory MagConnect Desk Stand for iPad Air is an excellent stand that can be moved to almost any angle.

Pros:
-High quality construction (Aluminum and carbon fiber)
-Easy to setup
-Easy to change angles
-Can be tilted and turned in many ways
-A case that goes on the iPad Air has a strong magnet on the back that connects the stand then it gets secured in by a screw
-No wobbling of the stand when touched
-Has an anti-slid cover on the bottom to help keep the stand in place
-Attractive design

Cons:
-The iPad Air case is not that protective
-Expensive

This is a very high quality desk stand for an iPad Air and I high recommend it.

Watch my video review.
I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, for free to keep, and I promised that my review is fair and honest.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG SOMEONE IS THINKING, January 9, 2014
Oscar Mejia (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
By far the best iPad holder.
Solid and stable.
After wasting $$ on other flex and plastic holders I decided for the more
Industrial look. It felt overkill the first 2-3 days but after that
I realized that the 3 joints allow for an infinite positioning of the iPad
The closet thing to it, is a human arm (shoulder, elbow and wrist)
So convinced I got that I removed the clamp and screwed the L bracket
Directly in my headboard.
The iPad gets off easily and I can trow over the iPad Smart Cover
The best purchase in the last 12 months right after my large screen ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hold Your iPad With Confidence and Style, August 20, 2014
In recent months I've purchased the 12South iPad holder and the Joy Factory clamp and find both of them to be great for different reasons. First, and foremost, the Joy product is super easy to use. No special tools required - just clamp, adjust position and go. Very sturdy and doesn't move nearly as much as the 12South solution. It's very sexy looking and the tool-less functionality is a big plus. The one downside compared to the competition is that it's not quite infinitely adjustable - you've got to work with angles and fuss to get it exactly where you want it. However, with that one small nuance, I still really love this stand.

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as I hoped...., August 17, 2014

they should've made the hinge joint a ball joint for added movement.

this thing needs to rest on your center console; it vibrates like mad!!!!!!!!