Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

The manufacturer commented on the review below
on September 23, 2012
I bought this unit and used it several times. The USB cable connecting to the unit started to fray and fall apart pretty quickly. I tried snapping it back together, but it wouldn't old. The attached devices still charged. Until one day I heard my phone constantly restarting. I walked over to find it so hot I couldn't touch it. I pulled it off and let it cool. But it never worked properly again. It kept randomly restarting. After just a few weeks, I had to replace it at a cost of $700.

My suggestion is to NEVER use anything but the charger provided by the manufacturer.
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi Tj, We are sorry you had experience problems with our product. You most likely have received defective unit. Please email support@thejoyfactory.com about this case and we can set up a Return Authorization to receive your unit back for testing and so we can process a replacement unit for you. Thank you
on May 22, 2012
a tiny flaw is the ac adapter supplied with it, it is underpowered and not able to charge for more than 2 item (from a "multi charging station" which comes with 4 charging tails by default!!) This is an unforgivable mistake although it can be easily solved by replacing it using any micro-usb charger which comes with most gagets.
on August 25, 2013
My guy and I have enough electronic items that we had cords all over the place and it was driving me crazy. I found this concept and decided to take a chance. I could NOT be more happy! You do probably need to buy more of the individual little cords than come in the original set, but from one outlet I can charge multiple items - and without some stupid bulky "box" or what you see with all the other multi-device charges. This sits in the living room on a side table and looks great. It's also easy to use - the only thing to be careful is that the magnets will like to "stack" on each other, but won't charge that way, so when you put the cord towards the base, just make sure it goes to an empty receptacle. Oh - and it's great when my phone rings! I just grab the phone and the magnet disconnects from the base - so I'm not racing to unhook my phone while trying to answer it at the same time.
on February 21, 2013
As with a previous review the included USB frayed and fell apart so I had to get a new one. I also had problems with my phoning constantly charging and stop charging...you could hear the sound it makes when you plug it in to charge starting and stopping repeatedly. More then 2 devices could never charge at one time. Now it doesn't work at all...tried charging multiple items in different spots and the whole unit is apparently malfunctioned in less then a year. Huge waste of money. I guess I'm lucky it never overheated my iPad or samsung galaxy s3 like a previous poster.
on February 13, 2013
I have owned this product for over a year and a half and have recently given up using it because of its unreliability. More often than not, the magnetic zip tails slip off the charging "sweet spot" without even the slightest indication. Even though the device may have been plugged into the charger overnight, no charging occurs and no indication of such is provided to the user. In addition, the unit is expensive at $80.00 and is shipped with only a single iPad or iPhone compatible zip tail. If you plan on charging more than one iOS device at a time you will have to purchase additional zip tails at $15.00 each. Because of these serious shortcomings I cannot recommend this product.
on January 19, 2013
Absolutely fabulous! no more groping around the bedside at night for places to plug in all your electronic items--iphone, android phone, ipad, nook, whatever. Just put in the zip tail and kind of toss it at the Touch-n-go, and the tail will cick right into one of the many spots for recharging.
on July 10, 2014
I bought mine to replace the tangle of cords I had sitting on my nightstand for my many gadgets (iPad, iPhone, Kindle, Bluetooth headphones, etc). Although ZipMini looks great and solved the cord takeover problem, the ZipMini does a terrible job of charging. One--it charges slow. Two--special attention is needed when the zips magnetize to the base to begin charging. Otherwise devices will lay there dead. The magnets are not strong enough to always complete the circuit. I can apply pressure to the zip my iPhone is connected to and watch the charging symbol appear. Then disappear when my finger is removed. In the end I went back to the tangle of cords and my ZipMini went into the trash.
on April 18, 2012
Overview:

The Zip Mini is able to charge up to four devices simultaneously. The ziptails are used to connect the device(s) with the Mini to charge. The Mini lives up to its name because it is small. It is good for travel because of its size. The Mini features a green LED in the center of the charger to signify when it is on and ready to charge your devices.

Pros:

Size (use the carrying pouch for travel or store the Mini, also, it takes up little space so there is more room on my desk)

Conductive charging (faster charging than other wireless chargers)

Easy to use device when it is charging (you are able to quickly and effortlessly use your device and then replace it on the charger to start charging again)

Build quality (it does not seem like it is going to break and the foam bottom prevents the charger from scratching the surface it is on)

Cons:

Sometimes the magnets get knocked out of place and one does not notice

Only includes two ziptails (other ziptails are sold separately)

Price (the $50 price range is high)

Summary/Final Thoughts:

The Zip Mini is a great gadget to have if you have the budget for it. The ability to charge devices simultaneously and only use one wall plug is a great feature of the charger. The extra ziptails that need to be purchased to charge four devices cost anywhere from $10-16 (prices vary) depending on which ziptail you want to purchase or need. The size of the Mini allows for the ability to bring the charger with you on the go. Overall, the Zip Mini is a great device to have because it can charge the device quickly (time varies) and is small in size.

*This product was sent out for review.
on August 16, 2013
When we have our son and his family at the cabin, everyone needs an outlet to plug in their I-phone at night. Now, instead of having cords all over the place, we have 4 phones in a circle around the Joy charger and only using one outlet. Yeah!
on January 5, 2014
I bought one about two months ago. It charges my tablet, personal cell, my work cell and my Bluetooth headset without tons of cords. By far one of my favorite purchases of 2013.

Liked it so much I bought one for my mom to keep her phone and iPad charged. She loves it too.

Would definitely recommend!