5.0 out of 5 stars Seeking the Seeker of the Sought, April 5, 2013
Carl (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Karma Seeker (Paperback)
Fascinating! I came upon this book rather by accident but when I began reading it I couldn't lay it down. Maybe the searching for spirituality and the conflict with institutional controls, biases and dogmas is similar to my own past searches for similar awareness. It amazed me but does not surprise me how pervasive the idea that an "institutional authority," such as the League (ECKANKAR), or any other so called authority can grab so tightly to our thoughts and minds and freeze us from tearing away from what is tearing us up. It's like we give ourselves away to something knowing full well that the "thing itself" is causing an in-congruence between who we are and what we are supposed to be as dictated by the authority we have subjected ourselves to. And we all do it!!

I love the author's (Stefan Meyer) bravery and honesty and beg to question where he is at now? Did you leave the League? Were/are you ostracized having gone through with publishing the book? Do you still feel the pull of the original founder upon you, etc., etc.?

In any case this was one of those "reads" that pulls you along as (for me) I had to know how this would play itself out. Like I said, "I couldn't lay it down." My compliments to the author for a well written and very compelling true story.

Carl Bozeman

Author,

Amazon best selling book: On Being God - Beyond Your Life's Purpose

On Human Being - Loving & Living Without Purpose

Are You Listening? Addressing the Divine Within

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, September 11, 2013
This review is from: The Karma Seeker (Kindle Edition)
The author writes from a personal view and explains with details his thoughts and uncertainties; I found it takes some effort to read it through; it is his own spiritual search as an Eckist and he evaluate all his actions, feelings and thoughts through this "spiritual" approach; he describes I think about 10 years of his life.
He is candid and I thank him for helping us to see that spiritual development is not always linear.
I believe if you are an introspective kind, you will appreciate this book written from an emotional and spiritual interpretation of Eckankar; as an ex-Eckist (30 years back) who was amazed by the concepts and teachings in Twitchell books which did change my life (along with NDE's like experiences), I could never put the followings Masters (!) on an equal footing as Mr.Twitchell.
For the serious spiritual seeker, I suggest "Confessions of a Good seeker" by Ford Johnston who gives a rational analysis of Eckankar, it's beginning and the reasons he left this group; I believe facts are paramount in spiritual research.

5.0 out of 5 stars Idk, February 16, 2013
This review is from: The Karma Seeker (Kindle Edition)
I haven't read this yet and it may be awhile, as I have other books to read before this one.

The Karma Seeker
The Karma Seeker by Stefan G. Meyer (Paperback - November 20, 2012)
Used & New from: $10.02