Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Kids in the Hall: The Pilot Episode
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

67%
33%

on August 16, 2007
This is the last Kids in the Hall DVD to come out, unless they provide their fans with another movie in the future. Oh, how we can hope.

The Pilot itself is a wonderful look back at Dave, Bruce, Kevin, Mark, and Scott's first chance on cable television. Being born the same year this episode appeared, I can be one to shed light on how well this episode has held up. It has held up.

The Bonus Features on this DVD are few, but great. A commentary, both listened to and viewable. Kevin and Scott in LA. Mark and Dave in Toronto. A trivia session that seems more for the Kids themselves than for the audience. And, a Q&A session that has some questions we've all heard answered before (in which the Kids mumble through) and some that they have way too much fun answering.

I would love to give this a 5/5 but I just can't. I blame you, Bruce McCulloch. He is absent from this DVD in all special feature capacity. What's so great about the Kids in the Hall is that they all bring something different to the mix. If you're missing just one, it doesn't quite taste the same. Plus, there really could be a couple more special features to make this DVD a must, must have. The fact that we had to buy this because the 1st Season DVD has only a shortened version with already done commentary is rather annoying. What was Broadway Video thinking? Oh yeah, get more money.

But it's still a fantastically funny DVD. I give it a
Dave-Kevin-Mark-Scott out of the Kids in the Hall
or a
4/5
on September 24, 2007
This is a great addition to your Kids in the hall collection, Bruce is sadly missing from the bonus features, but the Pilot looks great! Skits that haven't aired since it's original broadcast on HBO back in the 80's. Only thing that kinda mis lead me was the running time is 120minutes. I thought that was just the pilot itself, but its 120 for everything (the Pilot, the bonus Q and A and Trivia recordings, the slide show, and the Pilot with the visual commentary. The Pilot episode itself is only 45 Minutes. This is still a great purchase! I Loved The Kids in the Hall Growing up and It's still one of my Top favorite TV Shows. DVD is nicely put together.
on February 28, 2011
I'm not sure why this wasn't included on any of the dvds, but if you are a KITH fan this is a MUST HAVE to complete your collection. On top of one or two of the best sketches in the entire series, the commentary from everyone (minus bruce, unfortunately!!) is solid gold!
VINE VOICEon July 18, 2010
There are some older shows that you look up a few years after originally liking them and wonder "Why'd I ever like that?" and then there's The Kids in the Hall. Even their pilot episode was genius. I'd been watching it when my boyfriend walked through the room, so I paused it. He asked me what I was watching, I told him and asked if he'd ever seen it. He told me that he never "got it" because where he grew up what they did was shocking, but that he thinks now as an adult he can appreciate their brand of humor much better. And that is the thing with The Kids in the Hall - you likely get them and love them or look at the screen with shock and disgust and you hate them, there doesn't seem to be much of an in between when it comes to KITH. They do take on gender, sexuality, race, you name it. Yes, they do perform skits on these sensitive topics while wearing dresses. Or in the case of the skit about Jesus, while wearing nothing at all. Whatever it takes to get their points across. Really it's not something you can describe and do it justice. But if you've not seem them and are curious, this is one of the rare cases when you can start at the pilot episode and get a fair feeling for what the show will be like.
on December 14, 2008
Well, it's the Kids in the Hall, so that means it's funny. However, when I saw that this pilot episode was being released after so many years, I expected to see material I hadn't seen before. This is not the case. I've already seen every one of these sketches, so I felt a little bit cheated. I don't know whether these are the actual versions that were cut into a later episode or whether the Kids performed them anew for the regular TV series. At any rate, it's all hilarious and I laughed at it all over again, hence the 4 star rating. However, if you already have the other Kids DVDs, there's not much reason to get this one, too.
on January 27, 2009
Although I was very excited to find that there was a DVD of the entire pilot episode, I was dissapointed upon receipt of the DVD to find that it had left out at least one of the skits (Mark talking about his bathtub experience.) It makes no sense to me that they couldn't include the complete pilot. Still, I am grateful for finally being able to rewatch the skits that were included.
on November 30, 2008
KITH is classic comedy. They do have some clinkers, but all excellent comedians do. If you have never seen them, buy Season One used, and go from there. You will end up with them all. I hope they release a DVD from their recent tour with new material.
on October 7, 2014
i love the show but this was the greatest one of all.
on July 9, 2010
The DVD was mailed promptly and was as described. Nice job. I would order from you again in the future. Thanks