Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 11, 2000
I bought this book when my daughter was in first grade and find myself using it on a regular basis. There are activity suggestions for every day of the year to help you and your kids learn more about nature, together! There are also games to play and suggestions for stories and poems to read. I find that the ideas are easily adaptable to each child and a great reference for the times when your child says "mom, I'm bored". An all-around great book for parents who want to teach their children a greater appreciation for nature and the world around them. I learned a lot, too!
on January 27, 2002
I referred to this book often in a Migrant Head Start Program. The kids love the activities, and so do the adults!
The creativity of each activity is amazing. They are organized on a day-by-day basis, corresponding to the different seasons. For example, in fall kids are painting with leaves, watching birds fly south, and creating projects with apples; in spring, they observe green life under the snow and plant seeds which they can tend into fall. It is the perfect book with which to cultivate a life-long love for nature in children living in a world of rapid environmental change.
Start learning today!
on September 30, 2007
This book is written in a calendar format, encouraging readers to engage in nature activities appropriate for that time of year (in a seasonal climate). My children and I found ourselves occupied with listening for spring peepers in March, sowing sunflower seeds in June, making leaf tracings in October and pinecone birdfeeders in January. Far from the usual stuff however, this book is also packed with great nature facts, activities and games that I've never seen anywhere else.
Excellent resource for families interested in going a few steps beyond to really learn about the natural world; also excellent for classrooms, scout troops and the like for kid-friendly ideas and activities which appeal to a wide span of ages.
on July 16, 2007
This is a great outdoor book for kids of all ages. It literally has an activity for every day of the year and they are do-able activities to teach kids about nature!
on October 7, 2013
I bought this book the first year it was printed back in 1996 when I was homeschooling my 5 year old. I love that it gives you something to do for 365 days a year with the seasons of the year! I have used this book for all of my children. I bought a second copy because my old one was so dog-eared : )
on August 24, 2012
I came across this gem at my local library while looking for a nature book geared to my preschool to elementary aged children for our nature study program in our home school curriculum. I like this book so much that I use it as a base for my preschoolers curriculum. The book utilizes weekly themes and incorporates daily activities and revolves around the seasonal year. We use the weekly themes to choose fiction literature and non fiction reference materials appropriate for little ones from our library and add in some math games, circle time and art. You can use the book as a general guide or to flip through the year for some great tips. I recommend this to all my homeschooling mamas of little ones.
on June 20, 2011
This book is full of ideas on activities that kids can do outside in all kinds of weather. We have had fun using it in our nature explorations during our homeschool day. One thing I don't particularly like about it is that it is divided up by Month/Day and I am not quite that structured and would rather skip around. Not that you can't...I guess it is just my Type A personality that makes me shudder and doing June 2nd project on June 4th. LOL! I wish it were divided by seasons vs Month/Day. It has rainy day projects, snowy day projects, sunny day projects, and holiday themed ideas. Fun book!
on January 3, 2011
I checked this book out from the library and it was so great, I am going to buy it for our library. My kids LOVED the activities and many of them took little to no prep work. I think it would be a great addition to a homeschooler's science/nature studies/experiments. Also for parents like myself that sometimes need a daily idea when the mind draws a blank, this is a great daily activity book that sparks other ideas as well. I used it during the school break to get the kids started with an outdoor project/adventure. Once they were out on a nature adventure, they fell into other great activities that did not include the computer, the tv, being indoors on a beautiful day, etc...can't say enough positive things about this book and it's daily style...love it! :)
on April 27, 2015
This book has lots of fabulous ideas for easy ways to incorporate learning about nature into your everyday life. The kids have really enjoyed the projects we've tried.
on October 1, 2015
This book has so many inspiring activities for nature!! You can plan for every single day of the year if desired.