Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Spy Kids Trilogy
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: DVD|Change

on August 30, 2011
Spy kid movies are great for younger children (5+). They have a positive message and contain action sequences, but not gratuitious violence - a good age-appropriate alternative for my five year old son who wants to watch Transformers!

The Spy Kids Trilogy is a cost effective option for purchasing all the movies that have been release to DVD (does not include Spy Kids 4, which was recently released at the movie theatre). The trilogy includes two versions of Spy Kids 3 - regular and 3D. Please note that the 3D verion is not the kind that is compatible with the new 3D blu-ray players and HD TVs - it is "old school" 3D with blue/red paper 3D glasses (two pairs are included with the trilogy).
on August 5, 2011
All the spy kids movies are amazing! They're great for kids 6-14. The kids stay interested and can't pull away from it. As adults, we love the movies too. Very entertaining. Definitely worth having. We were able to get the Trilogy for $14.97 (shipping price included) BRAND NEW. Look around to find a good deal on them. GREAT MOVIES!
on October 19, 2011
The Spy Kids series are no work and good to just sit down with on a rainy Sunday and watch with the little ones.
The three pack we received had some type of issue and simply would not play in the main CD player, but loaded up very well on the CD player in the bedroom. The CD player was checked with other CD's and worked fine. Definately the CD's, and all three had the same problem.
That said the movies make no pretence, they are family fun and aimed at the pre-teen age group.
With that in mind none can be said to be low budget, the acting is good even from the children, the sets are reasonable quality and the storylines very acceptable for that demographic.
They even work as quiet escapism for adults who haven't really quite grown up yet.
Overall 4 stars, but keeping in mind the target audience, the lack of gore and nastieness, the absence of swearing and abuse that make it all just good clean fun I'd have given 5 stars if they'd played in both machines.
An inexpensive purchase that is certainly not regretted.
on September 24, 2011
My seven-year-old daughter loves these movies and can't wait for the 4th one to come out on DVD to add to her collection. If your child likes Shark Boy & Lava Girl, he or she will probably enjoy these as well. They are even fun for adults. There's action, humor, and enough fantasy to spark your child's imagination. Our entire family enjoys these, even our 11-year-old daughter.
on December 21, 2015
For those who are not sure if the blu-ray set is worth it...it is...heres why
Not only does each disc actually ahve a animated menu and a nice set of special features on each disc but they are a really good set.

Spy Kids 1- yes its an old movie and usually old movies from the 2000's don't have good Blu-ray transfers...but damn this one looked great. sharp picture, good sound and really brings back memories. I loved the port for spy kids.

Spy Kids 2- while this one also looks pretty good, darker areas of the film has noise reduction showing and kinda bothered me just a tad but theres not alot of dark areas in this film so you will pretty much miss it unless you look hard during the first 20 mins. some special features are shot in HD and most are SD...same goes for Spy Kids 1.

Spy Kids 3- This one is the icing on the cake. This one looks the best. But the only down fall is the CGI. It looks no better than a early ps3 game. Which is not bad because its suppose to take place in a game world...and since the blu-ray does not come with a 3D release the film doesn't have that spark to it. but if you own a 3D TV you can watch it in 3D. special features are also in SD or HD

Over all the blu-ray set is the way to go! Has a real nice touch to each film and I recommend it!!!
on November 25, 2012
You really can't go wrong with the Spy Kids movies. Just be prepared to watch them over and over and over again.
on April 5, 2016
As a mom of twin toddlers, I'm always very mindful of the shows and movies that they want to watch.!

It's so hard nowadays to find family friendly shows....even the ones advertised as family friendly aren't always such.

The Spy Kids trilogy....is just that. Family friendly. No cursing at all....no questionable scenes of any sort.

It's just a cute cute cute spy movie for kids. My boys LOVE these ! !

The story line is kind of cheesy but not so cheesy that as a parent you don't want to sit down and enjoy it.

We've watched these over and over and over and they're great.

Definitely recommend for those looking for family friendly movies
on April 20, 2014
I am OLD. I mean REALLY OLD--but still a couple years younger than Mr. Trejo. (Oops sorry, I didn't meant to insult Mr. Trejo as he continues to look way younger than he is.) He looks good in long or short hair! He obviously loves working with kids. But I still really enjoyed them. I believe they were made in 2001, 2002 and 2003. I had never seen them before. The animation was good, the characters were funny, and the story lines were very funny and entertaining. In each of them just as I was getting really involved in the story a well known star that I've seen recently in a dramatic role would pop up and surprise me with their comedic talent. I loved all of the gadgets. I loved seeing Ricardo Montalbon picking on Mr. Banderas. The brother-sister relationship was believable with the back and forth tormenting. (Reminded me of the good old days with my brother.) I especially loved Mr. Stallone and his other "personalities". That was really funny.
I was impressed with literally every aspect of these movies--and Mr. Rodriguez has made many more since then. I think I will have to start searching for dvd's by who made them besides who is in them. Keep up the good work, Mr. Rodriguez.
on August 24, 2011
My 8 year old son has started watching the Spy Kids series recently, and the movies are aimed at kids aged 7-10. The protagonists are pre-teens who get to use cool gadgets, go on unrealistic "missions," and deal with not-too-scary (almost silly) villains. Overall, these are non-violent, fast-paced movies, and considering all three movies, my husband and I didn't find anything overtly obnoxious about the characters or story lines. The brother and sister spy team get along (mostly), and their parents (also spies) are involved and caring. The latter two movies even involve the grandparents, who turn out to be much cooler than the kids' expected.

The current Amazon price is just under $11, so that's definitely worth it for all three movies.
on February 20, 2013
I love these Spy Kids. By having all three movies in one folder, I can really see how these two young actors grow through the making of the moves. Also, it's fun watching Antonio Banderas in a different venue from what he usually does. He is a very good comedic actor. But, the way Rodriguez puts together these movies is simply works of art.