Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on February 23, 2011
This book is excellent--so much so that I've ordered another 5 copies. One will go to my 20 year old son, one to my pastor, one to a male friend....It is the best book by far of all I've read about being a Godly man in today's world. I am sure there will be those who disagree with many of the ideas in the book--ideas that may hit a little close to home, making the reader take a good look at his heart, motivations, life. It's hard to admit being flawed; it's easier to dismiss the ideas that make us uncomfortable. The author is honest and encouraging as he shares examples of his own failures, and the things he's learned that have made a difference in his marriage and his life.
on October 20, 2008
Last month, I received a copy of The Kind of Man Every Man Should Be: Taking a Stand for True Masculinity, the latest book by my friend and co-host, Kevin McCullough. Kevin pushes back against the forces he sees as undermining men in modern society, describes the damage they do, and offers his recipe for countering both.

No one who knows Kevin will be surprised to see him argue for a Biblical perspective on true masculinity and balance between the genders. He makes no apologies for believing that Scriptural prescriptions for healthy male identity. Books like this can either take an academic or activist approach, and Kevin definitely uses the latter. While he makes passing references to studies and research, he does not rely on them to "prove" his observations. Rather, he allows his observations to give readers context for his advice to men seeking to assert their masculinity in healthy, productive ways that will benefit not just themselves -- in fact, not primarily themselves -- but their wives, children, and communities. He writes about the differences between equality and sameness, and how the confusion of these two concepts in terms of gender have left two generations of men confused, women dissatisfied, and families in crisis.

Those of us who have read Kevin's column, blogs, or heard him on my show and his own will not find his perspective surprising. However, The Kind of Man turns out to be a very personal work, and in that sense we get an opportunity to know Kevin much more intimately than I have in four years of friendship. Kevin shares painful lessons from his own life at both failed and successful masculinity. As I read the book, I was surprised at how little I knew about my friend, and how affecting these anecdotes are in underscoring his message.

It's these passages that communicate best Kevin's argument for valuing masculinity and celebrating the special gifts given to both genders. At 175 pages, it's an economical and fast read. Kevin challenges men to assert themselves against popular culture and show that true masculinity is not to be feared or reviled, but valued as an essential quality for our communities to function best.
on October 25, 2008
I ordered five copies of McCullough's book The Kind of Man Every Man Should Be. One for me, my dad, my brother, and two copies for my guy friends (both of whom just turned 21). This book was a real eyeopener for me. I, like thousands of women, find myself wondering, "Where have all the REAL men gone?" I understand now why men have become so passive and why they have such weak spirits.
What ALL you men out there need to do is FIGHT. Stop letting all these men-hating feminists threat you like garbage. Stand up and fight!
on October 16, 2008
Kevin gets so much right in this book. It's a thorough look at the reasons for the confusion on masculinity. More importantly, Kevin challenges you with the strong & holy avenues you need to walk, to become the man God created you to be. You're gonna see some aspect of yourself in this book... and you'll be driven by the encouragement Kevin provides to finally establish your God given attributes in a confident and manly way. No doubt... you'll be a stronger man for having read this book.
on June 4, 2009
Really excellent book by Kevin McCullough, the radio talk show host.

Very thought-provoking.

Wake-up call for many deadbeat dads.
on September 18, 2008
In this concise volume, conservative commentator and talk-show host Kevin McCullough makes a compelling case for the need for true men. For too long men in this country have been emasculated by the radical feminists that rose to prominence during the 1960s and have dominated the political scene ever since. But rather than being a preachy book, McCullough opens up and shares from his own past failings to illustrate the struggles that men face.

This is a book that you're going to buy not only for yourself but for every other guy you know. Grab a highlighter and read it over and over again. You'll be challenged and encouraged by what you read.

Bravo, Mr. McCullough. The men of this country are indebted to you.
on September 6, 2009
There was a time when a man didn't wear a suit for an author photo, a time when there wasn't even such a thing as "photos," when both men and women needn't open doors for each other because there was just a gaping hole, when man ran large, and mostly naked, with pieces of fur for warmth, and started fires with sticks and stones, ate his meat with few spices, and painted his dreams and fears on rock walls. I believe this is the man Kevin McCullough should be...
77 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse