Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

The Kindle Chronicles - A Podcast All About the Kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 29, 2008 9:30:03 AM PDT
Len Edgerly says:
Being a passionate Kindle enthusiast and a podcaster, I've decided to create a weekly audio podcast all about the Kindle. You can find my first episode at htpp://TheKindleChronicles.com , and my application for a listing at the iTunes directory is pending. Each episode will include Kindle news, a tech tip, the "What's on Your Kindle" interview, and a final Kindle Quote. The debut episode offers a fun and informative interview with comedian and Onion web/political director Baratunde Thurston. Episode 2 is scheduled to feature an interview with C.C. Chapman. I'll be looking for more Kindle users to interview, so if you'd like to be considered, please email me at PodChronicles@gmail.com . I'd also love audio comments that I can include in future episodes and feedback on how to improve the podcast. I hope many of you here at the forum will check it out!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2008 11:49:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2008 11:46:34 PM PDT
M. Detlefsen says:
Cool. When it gets to iTunes, I'll add it to the dozen or so others I subscribe to.

BTW, the URL is http://TheKindleChronicles.com , not htpp://TheKindleChronicles.com.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2008 2:03:00 PM PDT
M. Detlefsen says:
It appears that this podcast was recorded quite some time ago.... it mentions 90,000 books being available, and a question on whether the price would ever come down.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2008 2:17:39 PM PDT
Deb says:
I've posted a link about your podcast on MobileRead.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27156

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2008 6:10:54 PM PDT
Len Edgerly says:
I confused by this comment, because I don't remember a reference to 90K books available and price coming down in episode 1 of The Kindle Chronicles which I uploaded on July 27, 2008. Could you have possibly listened to a different podcast about the Kindle? Just curious. I scanned the episode again just now to see if I'd forgotten something. It has an interview with Baratunde Thurston. Is that the one? Thanks, Len Edgerly

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2008 7:48:40 PM PDT
M. Detlefsen says:
Len, I went to your web site and downloaded it and transferred it to my iPod, but when I got in the car to listen to it, I mistakenly clicked on another podcast about the Kindle from some time ago. Sorry for the mistake. It makes sense now, I wondered why they were making some comments, it was because the Kindle had only recently been released when it was recorded.

There goes my credibility (again).

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2008 8:59:35 PM PDT
Len Edgerly says:
M. Detlefsen - no problem, and thanks for clearing up the mystery so quickly! Thanks for listening to the podcast..

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2008 1:10:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 5, 2008 1:13:41 PM PDT
v.g. says:
I just subscribed through iTunes! I am looking forward to keeping up to date with tips and news - thanks for the podcast. My Kindle and my iPhone together at last - reminds me of the old "your chocolate is in my peanut butter" Reese's commercials.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2008 1:21:24 PM PDT
Len Edgerly says:
v.g. - thanks for subscribing! And yes, the Kindle and iPhone make a fine pair...
Len

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2008 1:29:50 PM PDT
v.g. says:
Okay everybody - I just listened to the first podcast of the Kindle Chronicles and I'm already hooked. Everyone on this forum should show support and subscribe!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2008 7:04:10 AM PDT
Cindy V says:
Sorry for the stupid question but I am new to my ipod touch/itunes (first mp3 player ever). Do I have to use the touch or is this something that can be downloaded to the kindle? If not, how do I look up on itunes?

Cindy

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2008 8:10:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 6, 2008 8:13:14 AM PDT
v.g. says:
Cindy, you'll listen to the podcast on your iTouch or straight from your iTunes on the computer. With iTunes open, go to the iTunes store. In the upper right hand corner is a white search box. Type in Kindle Chronicles and hit enter. It will take you to a page which shows The Kindle Chronicles and the Chronicles of Narnia. Near the picture for The Kindle Chronicles is a subscribe button. Just click on this and it will add the podcast to your podcast list.
Then, open your podcasts (one of the icons in the bar running down the left side) and find the Chronicles in your list. Almost there - if you click on the gray triangle it will open up past shows so that you can download them and get caught up.

To make sure the podcasts are transferred to your iTouch make sure either all podcasts are selected to sync or that the Chronicles podcast is checked. (I have so many podcasts that I don't transfer all of mine). This option appears under the podcast tab when your iTouch is plugged into the computer for syncing and your information screen comes up.

Good luck! It really is an easy process and the podcast is a really good one.
vicki

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2008 8:21:55 AM PDT
Len Edgerly says:
Cindy, you CAN listen to the podcast in .mp3 format. Each of the episodes at http://TheKindleChronicles.com has an mp3 version, identified in the title. At the bottom of the show notes there is a line that says something like "Direct download: KC_1_Bartunde.mp3". If you right click and choose "save link as..." you will have the mp3 file on your computer. Then you need to connect your Kindle with the USB cable and drag the file into the "music" folder. As I say, I have not tried this yet myself so I can't vouch for the process. Perhaps someone else here can help.

On your iPod Touch, you can subscribe to the podcast by searching for "Kindle Chronicles" in the iTunes store, then click on "subscribe." If you want both episodes, click "get" on the one that does not download automatically to your Podcast list in your iTunes library.

I'm running late for a meeting, so that's all the help I can offer at the moment. Please feel free to try me again if none of this works, and thanks for trying to listen to my podcast! --Len

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2008 8:22:53 AM PDT
Len Edgerly says:
v.g. - I hadn't seen your post before I wrote mine. Thanks for helping Cindy with the iTunes process!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2008 9:27:03 AM PDT
B. Danahy says:
Just listened to the latest and am now a happy subscriber. Thanks for letting us know. Love my Kindle!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2008 10:37:40 AM PDT
J. Cheshire says:
Len,

Great news, but can you possibly submit this to the Zune store as well for those of us with Zunes? :)

Jim

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2008 11:54:08 AM PDT
Len Edgerly says:
B. Danahy - thank you for subscribing! I just had a good interview with Stephen Windwalker that will be part of Episode 3 on Friday. Stay tuned!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2008 11:55:15 AM PDT
Len Edgerly says:
Jim - I'm not sure what's involved in submitting the podcast to the Zune store, but I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion! Len

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2008 1:44:42 PM PDT
Len Edgerly says:
Jim, I've been poking around the Zune site, trying to find how to submit my podcast and can't find the way to do it. Can you help me out with a link? Thanks! Len

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2008 3:41:11 PM PDT
J. Cheshire says:
Hey, Len. Yeah, it's not something that's easily discoverable. :) What you have to do is install the Zune software, click the link to the Marketplace, click Podcasts, and then click Submit a Podcast. You then put in the URL to your podcast's RSS feed.

Jim

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2008 4:02:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 14, 2008 4:02:43 PM PDT
Deb says:
>>Each of the episodes at http://TheKindleChronicles.com has an mp3 version, identified in the title. At the bottom of the show notes there is a line that says something like "Direct download: KC_1_Bartunde.mp3". If you right click and choose "save link as..." you will have the mp3 file on your computer. Then you need to connect your Kindle with the USB cable and drag the file into the "music" folder. As I say, I have not tried this yet myself so I can't vouch for the process. Perhaps someone else here can help.<<

If the mp3 of the show is moved to the "audible" folder as opposed to the "music" folder, it will operate as an audiobook. You'll be able to bookmark your spot if you have to stop listening. You'll be able to skip ahead or back and listen the podcasts in order. I've tried it and it does work.

You can also get the mp3 version from iTunes.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2008 4:57:12 PM PDT
J. Cheshire says:
Exactly right! In fact, any audio file that you place in the "audible" folder will be bookmarked as you listen to it. When you stop and then go back to it, it will pick up where you left off.

Here's a shameless plug: This is but one of many tips that I include in my book, Decoding the Kindle. :)

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Jim

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2008 8:32:26 AM PDT
Len Edgerly says:
Jim, it looks as if the Zune software is Windows only, right? I tried to download to my Mac before I realized it. I have a PC machine I'll try. Thanks for info. I mentioned you in the podcast I uploaded today...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2008 8:54:36 AM PDT
Good podcast. I started with episode 2 and then subscribed and went back to get ep. 1. I really enjoy it. Keep up the good work.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2008 9:02:28 AM PDT
Len Edgerly says:
P. Higginbotham - thanks! I was up till 1 a.m. finishing Episode 4, which has an interview with a Boston pol who at 74 years old is trying out the Kindle his wife gave him, because she's sick and tired of the house being taken over by books everywhere. He's a delightful fellow with a colorful background, Bill Bulger, former president of Massachusetts State Senate. It's great to hear from listeners who like the show!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Jul 29, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 15, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation)
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation) by Amazon.com
4.2 out of 5 stars   (7,973)